Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2014 16:29:35(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Hello, I see that there is another new update for Marklin CS1 Reloaded and ESU ECOS named V4.0. This update first install a rescue software and reformat all the internal flash memory. This is the same as you needed to do when used the ESU RELOADED update 2.5.1 rescue and 3.0.0. But that time it was only possible if you had the 2.5.1 file formatted for your CS1 serial number.

This time the V4 rescue file does not have any requirements of serial number but I don´t know if there is possible to update directly from Marklin V2.0.4 and what could be the risk to do this.

Does somebody tried to do the update?

I ask for this question because the ESU 59990 reloaded update for M CS1 is no longer available.

Thanks

Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 18 May 2014 18:09:25(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Ruben, if you not already part of the ESU forum, ask them for help and this would be a more direct approach.

regards.,

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 18 May 2014 23:01:14(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: RUBEN SPAIN Go to Quoted Post
Does somebody tried to do the update?

Yes, I have performed this upgrade.

You need to purchase the ESU 59990 CS1 Reloaded update, which will be difficult since it is no longer available from ESU. You cannot perform the upgrade without it, as version 4.0 cannot be installed unless you are running version 3.7, and to get to version 3.7 from version 2.0.4, you need the CS1R update.

I purchased my 59990 from a North American dealer, after finding out that ESU in Europe were no longer supplying. I suggest you contact one of the North American dealers such as Eurorailhobbies or AJCKids to see if the update pack can still be supplied by ESU USA.

www.eurorailhobbies.com
www.ajckids.com
Offline xxup  
#4 Posted : 18 May 2014 23:17:02(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
By the time you work through all of that, it might be a better option to find an eCOS2 at a good price and sell the CS1.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 19 May 2014 07:51:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Ruben, if you not already part of the ESU forum, ask them for help and this would be a more direct approach.
If there is a way to install the V4 update without paying for it, then the ESU forum will be the last place to share this information.

Bigdaddynz ordered his reloaded package from ESU USA at a time when ESU Germany no longer provided that upgrade.
Maybe this method still works ... (not free, but legal).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 19 May 2014 11:53:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
I purchased my 59990 from a North American dealer, after finding out that ESU in Europe were no longer supplying. I suggest you contact one of the North American dealers such as Eurorailhobbies or AJCKids to see if the update pack can still be supplied by ESU USA.

I ordered my 59990 in June 2013, and it was delivered in November 2013 (well parts of it were, but that's another story!). You still might be able to order it via the USA.
Offline RUBEN SPAIN  
#7 Posted : 20 May 2014 16:47:03(UTC)
RUBEN SPAIN

Spain   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
By the time you work through all of that, it might be a better option to find an eCOS2 at a good price and sell the CS1.

Thank you but I have a CS2. I want to sell my Cs1 to a friend but he needs DCC protocol.

As ESU update is no longer available and there is another new complete update I hoped this time could be possible but I think my CS1 will remain as CS2 slave all the life.