Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline clapcott  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2014 20:25:31(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
FYI,

Changelog updated again !!!
- see orange highlights below

FWIW - my (static) IP address changed ??????

322 files added/updated approx 3.2MB download
1 x FctIcons ... FktIcon_i_gr_102.png
118 x help file (approx 23 in de,en,nl,fr) - but nothing (in english) for the new Audio and Debug tabs
1 x Icons ... BR 185_2.png
1 x MagIcons ... MagIcon_40_00_a.png
141 x sysicons ... refer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\config\sysicons\
2 x MS2 files ... 050-ms2.bin , 051-ms2.bin : "Refresh to SW=V2.1" FileSystem to v1.2 but no change to LDB/Language or RailBox.
2 x sound files ... example station announcements 1xmale,1xfemale
Various base/kernal modules

ChangeLog (Google translate) =
Still nothing for GFP 2.43 !!
Nothing for MS2 v 2.1 ! !!

currently in beta testing: GUI version 3.6.x (from March 2014 beta)
Game world
- A model railway with adjustable time factor allows driving after written timetables. This time is synchronized across all connected devices
- In conjunction with the model time, it is possible to create timetables in CS2 and display it in the cab (contol). Such schedules can also be displayed in game world driving desk
Help pages within the CS2
- keyboard
- setup
- - CS2, info, audio, version
memory (driving roads and timetables)
- In connection with the model time, it is possible to create schedules with model time and station names that appear line by line in the game world-cab or in the normal cab as soon as the corresponding model time is reached
- Route segments can now be included in the Konfigiuration a locomotive. It is not used by the locomotive function keys are assigned a carriage road
- Except solenoids, driving roads and locomotive functions can now also speeds and direction change for a locomotive to be included in the route segments.
- Each command in a carriage road now has an associated time that elapses after the instruction before the next instruction is executed. This time is automatically written in the recording, and can be changed manually.
setup
-Audio only makes sense when a speaker is connected to the CS2, and a USB flash drive is plugged in

GUI version 3.5.6 (March 2014)
setup
- Background
- - The background of CS2 can be chosen in different colors
- - A selection of landscape images can be displayed as a background
- - In night mode, the controls are in the keyboard layout and significantly darker held around the model railroad operation at night to disturb less
- Audio
- - Setup page with audio features
- Network
- - DHCP verbessert.DHCP is restarted when the settings are changed in the Network dialog
memory (driving roads and timetables)
- Driving roads are better now editable. Each individual element in the carriage road can be edited by a long press on the item
- There is now a red insertion point Indicating where newly added commands inserted into the carriage road
- Elements in the carriage road can be marked (blue frame) and then deleted together
- The wide scroll bar was relegated to the lower and upper edge
- Each element now contains a time component, so that the route segments can be processed in near real time
- Warning: If locomotives was chosen automatically start up, and many locomotives are present, should be serviced with programming or editing of route segments until all locomotives have been initialized
keyboard (turnouts)
- Changes in the layout of the keyboard
- Improved support for m83 and m84 decoder
control (cab and locomotive selection)
- Locomotive selection reduced from 30 to 25 locomotives
- Changed color of the locomotive selection from blue to gray, because that's no configuration dialog
- The locomotive selection can now be used directly to drive a locomotive. The functions of the locomotive on the right side of the screen are displayed. Mechanically, however, the controls on that page will remain active. With a button on the right or left knob can be assigned.
- From the locomotive selection herraus lost mfx locomotives can be searched. (Via the button [+] )
- From the locomotive selection can be changed (similar to 6021) in a cab with numerical locomotive selection. Here locomotives in the logs MM, DCC and mfx addressed directly via its address can be. If no suitable locomotive available, a matching record is temporarily generated and the locomotive is immediately controllable
- Extended function icons for locomotive functions
layout
- Moving the layouts is now switched off in the setup

Link to copy of ChangeLog.html from CS2 with 3.6.5(16). (This is the refreshed 2nd? version seen)
https://www.marklin-users.net/upload/community/Docs/clapcott/CS2_ChangeLog_365(16)_B.htm

Edited by user 26 May 2016 08:50:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Peter
thanks 15 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 12 March 2014 21:35:35(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Thaks! Will try now
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2014 21:47:05(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Well, no layout now to fully test the upgrades, but it seems to be niiiiiiiiiiiiceBigGrin
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline steventrain  
#4 Posted : 12 March 2014 22:27:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Screenshot

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline talbert  
#5 Posted : 12 March 2014 23:05:42(UTC)
talbert

Denmark   
Hello,

Is there an updated manual on all the new feature and how to use them.
Offline graafjp  
#6 Posted : 12 March 2014 23:41:16(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
Hi,

I discovered that when you setup a route you can now add several s88 contacts with a selection of free or occupied for triggering this route. So this should give me the possibility for selecting a free track of a shadow station when a new train wants to enter the shadow station. so as a train does not leave the shadow station track you can now block a train entering this occupied track. (I hope). A lot of new things to explore with not many help text available....
Regards,
Jos
Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 13 March 2014 02:52:53(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Translated (google) from DE help for Audio
=====================================
Audio

You can play sound files that are on the CS2 is available right here. Also, self-recorded sound files in wav format can be played.
For this purpose, they need to connect a USB stick to the CS2. The sound files "/cs2/wave" contained in the directory are then offered here

A sound file can be built into a road. To this end, they have to deal in memory a road, and then switch to the Audio Setup page. Use the [>] the sound at the current position is inserted into the carriage road.

Preview the selected sound
Get the selected sound in the place with the red line joins the road
Assign the specified pause time to the selected route segment element
Note: The playback of sounds is not a guaranteed feature of CS2
=======================================

The USB stick with your custom files must remain mounted.
There does not seem to be a way to copy them into the CS2 proper.
I will speculate that Marklin do not want the CS2 memory being clogged up.

UserPostedImage

If the USB stick has been removed and the memory route with a referenced sound file is triggered - the missing sound is just ignored - no error message.
The entry remains in the memory list.

BUG
If you have navigated to the usb directory and then remove the key, you will be faced with a blank screen on return
UserPostedImage
make sure you navigate to the parent /wave/ directory before removing the USB stick
Peter
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 13 March 2014 03:18:24(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
There appear to be a number of unnecessary (niggly/cosmetic) bugs.
The presence of a DEBUG panel in the setup section is more than a little concerning.
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 13 March 2014 21:50:08(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
A new changeLog has been posted, along with 3 DE (german help files)

See first post for changes highlighted in orange.
Not warning in Memory has been added

Still nothing on GFP or MS2 changes

The 2 new sections for Memory and setup that appear under the Beta section may be misplaced.
The Setup/Audio comment seem consistent with the 3.6.5 release
The Memory items (except "model clock") also appear to be present
Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#10 Posted : 15 March 2014 11:56:19(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Does anyone know why the change of address is not possible Confused

UserPostedImage
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline steventrain  
#11 Posted : 15 March 2014 12:08:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post

I think the MFX do not need to change the address expert 6021 etc.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#12 Posted : 15 March 2014 12:23:08(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
thanks Steven,

now I'm worried about it sometimes happens that addresses collide just with mfx decoders address Scared

especially with the older type of mfx decoder Unsure
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 15 March 2014 12:56:44(UTC)
H0

The CS2 assigns these addresses automatically (and did that right from the start, but address was not showing in the UI so far).

So nothing to be worried about.

The address is shown now because now it can be used with the new screen where you can drive locos by address.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline NewComix  
#14 Posted : 15 March 2014 17:00:15(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

Still nothing on GFP or MS2 changes

new language Schwäbisch (Swabian) for the MS2. This is the local dialect people speak in the region of Göppingen.

kind regards
Jörg

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NewComix
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 15 March 2014 17:45:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post
new language Schwäbisch (Swabian) for the MS2. This is the local dialect people speak in the region of Göppingen.
Not that new - was already around with 1.80 back in 2011.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#16 Posted : 15 March 2014 17:50:41(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I just updated my CS2 to this new v3.5.6(16). I tried to test the sounds, but could only hear very low volume "noise". I tried the sounds with headsets and that maybe causes the problem. I will install small loudspeakers later under my layout. Nice feature to be able to play some sounds with CS2. I don't have any mfx+ locos and maybe never will have. I would like to test these new features anyway. I like also the nice looking new backgrounds.

I am happy with this new update Smile .

Cheers,
Janne

Edited by user 16 March 2014 00:24:34(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline NewComix  
#17 Posted : 15 March 2014 19:03:31(UTC)
NewComix

Germany   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NewComix Go to Quoted Post
Not that new - was already around with 1.80 back in 2011.

oops, I didn't know that!

Thanks
Jörg

Offline clapcott  
#18 Posted : 15 March 2014 20:31:11(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

... I tried to test the sounds, but could only hear very low volume "noise"...

Yes a powered external speaker is needed

However, the socket at the back of the CS2 is recessed and a number of phone plugs will not seat fully - thus giving a poor connection , usually evident as only one speaker (not stereo) working.
Recommend , that you check if this is the case and, if so, get a sharp knife and whittle back the shoulder of the plug to allow for correct mating.
Peter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#19 Posted : 15 March 2014 22:18:30(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   

UserPostedImage

That's been normal behaviour for many years now.

The CS2 will always use the mfx address when it can to the exclusion of all other addresses. If you want to use a MM or DCC address for your mfx loco, you will have to create a new manual loco definition.
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#20 Posted : 15 March 2014 22:25:58(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
It was still possible with previous version 3.0.1...

As I pointed out, I have had problems with collisions of addresses when engine increases over 120 item.

Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 15 March 2014 22:47:13(UTC)
H0

It was still possible with previous version 3.0.1...
No, it was not.
Older versions showed the MM address at that spot, current version shows the mfx address.

As I pointed out, I have had problems with collisions of addresses when engine increases over 120 item.
mfx supports 16000+ addresses, assigned automatically by the CS2. Nothing has changed with that.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#22 Posted : 16 March 2014 11:29:31(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
No, it was not. Older versions showed the MM address at that spot, current version shows the mfx address.

It has been possible to change all my new engine with mfx decoder the last year "2013" with sw 3.0.1.

mfx supports 16000+ addresses, assigned automatically by the CS2. Nothing has changed with that.

I have a number of times get the solution from M service to remove all the engine and rebuild CS2 data again. As the oldest mfx decoders have "had" problems to be proper recognized when remove and add engine on rail.
Offline H0  
#23 Posted : 16 March 2014 12:16:16(UTC)
H0

No, it was not. Older versions showed the MM address at that spot, current version shows the mfx address.

It has been possible to change all my new engine with mfx decoder the last year "2013" with sw 3.0.1.
It's still possible with the new version. Nothing has changed except for a small detail: with 3.0.1 there were two places where you could see and change the MM address of mfx decoders and there was no place were you could see the mfx address of mfx decoders.
Now you have to click CV to change the MM address of mfx decoders. OTOH now there is a place where you can see the mfx address (which was not displayed with 3.0.1).

Different addresses, a new purpose for the old address field on the settings screen.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#24 Posted : 18 March 2014 00:07:52(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Just a heads up for those looking to take advantage of the Audio feature and to deploy external speakers.

The sound generator in the CS2 is single threaded and will not play (merge or serialize) multiple .wav streams.
(The generator is a combination of hardware and software codec - it is unclear if the CS2 is able to merge multiple streams)

Should you attempt to do so (start a second audio replay before the first has finished), the second request will hang forever. This can be seen by a solid Yellow dot against the memory route or assigned loco function.

This has repercussion ...
.. in a Memory sequence containing the stalled audio - subsequent tasks of the sequence (set signal, start loco etc) will never happen.
.. in CabMode the SIFA audio can cause the same lockup

Recovery. restart CS2 or remove the audio step from the memory sequence.

While the inability to multi-stream may be an operational limitation, the lockup is inexcusable and a BUG that needs fixing.
Peter
Offline Janne75  
#25 Posted : 18 March 2014 06:12:46(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

I downloaded many .wav file format sounds yesterday to the USB memory stick which I connect to CS2. Train sounds and animal or nature sounds. Station announcements, other station sounds, trains leaving, trains passing, other train sounds, dog barking, goose and seagull sounds. Wind blowing, rain and thunder sounds etc.

They are really nice sounds and are giving many new possibilities to layout operation. They can add realism by giving almost realistic reproduction of sounds (depending of the loudspeakers used).

It is still unclear for me is it possible to play these sounds without going to that Audio and selecting manually the sound wanted? Is it possible to set a sound (only one) playing once when a route is activated? I have only turnouts in my many routes and all the signals are Märklin My World series and they are not present in my routes. They even don't cut track power on and off as I just use them manually with their own Märklin My World control boxes. I don't have any contact track sections either in my layout. So is it possible to "attach" a certain .wav sound file to a certain route containing only turnouts?

Edit: For example I have some routes to my coal crane and when a train comes there I would like to have some real coal crane sounds.

Many thanks for the help in advance! ThumpUp

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline clapcott  
#26 Posted : 18 March 2014 06:36:30(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

So is it possible to "attach" a certain .wav sound file to a certain route containing only turnouts?

Edit: For example I have some routes to my coal crane and when a train comes there I would like to have some real coal crane sounds.

Yes,

In a similar way to the process of adding keyboard icons to the memory/route edit strip by hoping across to the keyboard tab.
Instead you hop to the Setup/Audio tab , highlight the sound file, and ingest it with the arrow.
And save

Not sure how you are currently activating the route, but in addition to the old option of allocating it to a sensor ID (even if you have no sensors) and placing a Sensor with that ID on the layout panel, you can also add the route to a (unused) Function button for your Loco.

UserPostedImage
Peter
Offline Janne75  
#27 Posted : 18 March 2014 06:51:09(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thanks Peter for very fast reply!

It seems like I have now many hours of planning job to get my layout to really alive then Smile . This new update with the possibility to play .wav sounds from USB memory stick is superb vs. earlier ones.

Now I can confuse my sons even more when they are watching trains running in the train room Wink .

Regards,
Janne
Offline clapcott  
#28 Posted : 18 March 2014 06:56:46(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Now I can confuse my sons even more when they are watching trains running in the train room Wink .

Watching or listening?

How about a couple of speaker wired through k84s so sound can come from different places Wink
Peter
Offline clapcott  
#29 Posted : 18 March 2014 10:01:10(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
The following icon was included with the last update.
UserPostedImage
Has anyone seen it used?
Peter
Offline Janne75  
#30 Posted : 18 March 2014 16:14:58(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
I have included one .wav sound only without any other devices like switches etc. to each "route" only. There is now around 20 sounds = 20 routes for these. I have had some minor problems with some sounds/routes. Is there any other limitations than using USB memory stick with sounds in .wav format? Some sounds are great, but some are sounding terrible. I think CS2 memory for reading longer .wav sound files has some limitations. Is there a difference in how many bits the sounds are or sample rates etc.?

I have now a barking angry dog sound, different station announcements, trains passing by sounds, steam loco sound, different horn/whistle sounds, rain, different birds (goose, seagull, smaller birds), forest sounds etc. It is a nice new feature, but I am still in the learning stage. So I have around 20 nice sounding sounds and then 12 sounds with problems like CS2 will not play them at all, play only a short part of the sound, or the sound has too loud sound vs. other sounds, especially some train sounds.

I have no idea about the key icon.

Janne

Edited by user 03 April 2014 11:59:58(UTC)  | Reason: typo corrected

Offline pa-pauls  
#31 Posted : 18 March 2014 17:27:47(UTC)
pa-pauls

What kind of speaker do you use ?

Is the plug in the CS mono or stereo ?
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline Janne75  
#32 Posted : 18 March 2014 17:41:28(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: pa-pauls Go to Quoted Post
What kind of speaker do you use ?

Is the plug in the CS mono or stereo ?

Hi Paul,

I use computer stereo speakers with 3.5 mm plug.

Janne
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Webmaster  
#33 Posted : 18 March 2014 18:20:23(UTC)
Webmaster

Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
The following icon was included with the last update.
UserPostedImage
Has anyone seen it used?

Could it mean that "foreign" decoders - ie ESU/older factory Märklin (ESU) are locked for sound writing or such?
Or just plainly that the decoder is not programmable with CS2?

Just speculating... Have not seen it in use so far...

Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Janne75  
#34 Posted : 18 March 2014 20:26:39(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
I would like to know what MANY new and also older function icons mean? There are many kind of blowers, fans, horns and whistles available. It would be great if Märklin could publish a list of all these. It is possible to use what ever icon user wants for any function easily by changing the icons. I have found out many times that some icons have been wrong from factory. And also if a non mfx loco has been searched from the database by it's Märklin number, many times there are either wrong function icons or they are assigned to wrong function button. This is offtopic to this topic as this has nothing to do with this new great update. It can be that some of these errors are even corrected to this update?Confused

Offline clapcott  
#35 Posted : 18 March 2014 21:06:46(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I would like to know what MANY new and also older function icons mean?

Marklin do provide the following

http://mediencms.maerkli...CS2-Funktionssymbole.pdf
ref xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\fcticons on your CS2

Quote:

.... I have found out many times that some icons have been wrong from factory.
.... also if a non mfx loco has been searched from the database by it's Märklin number, many times there are either wrong function icons or they are assigned to wrong function button.

It can be that some of these errors are even corrected to this update?Confused

The only change in the CS2 that would affect this would be the database table. the mFX data is not held in the CS2 but the function ids used "from the factory" do also need to mean something for CS1,MS1 and MS2 - so even if a new loco has a function that matches with a new CS2 icon, it might very well be dumbed down.

Peter
Offline JohnjeanB  
#36 Posted : 18 March 2014 21:17:38(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Yes me too. For instance what means this icon with a closed semaphore signal (Formsignal)

Kind regards
Jean
Offline clapcott  
#37 Posted : 18 March 2014 21:31:33(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
... Is there any other limitations than using USB memory stick with sounds in .wav format? Some sounds are great, but some are sounding terrible. I think CS2 memory for reading longer .wav sound files has some limitations. Is there a difference in how many bits the sounds are or sample rates etc.?

I expect there are/will be limitations. However without knowing the exact hardware, driver and codec used, the best that can be achieved in the short term is to build a list from our experiences.

From your comments, you have a good set of data to start building a matrix of .wav files characteristics (size, format) with their quality and/or ability to actually run. And just so we do not looses sight of it - the type of USB may also be important.

The CS2, presumably, has a priority to the track processing and then the user interface (which we already know is slow in some cases). so it comes down to whatever bandwidth is left to assist with the sounds (This may even be different for the 60213 v 60215)

Aside from the bug I commented in an earlier post, it can be observed that a route with a sound file in it will wait for the sound to complete before advancing to the next item in the sequence. Therefore, while the sound chip may be separate, there is overhead with managing it that may be be stressed.

Peter
Offline Janne75  
#38 Posted : 18 March 2014 22:18:25(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi again,

I have a Central Station 60214 Version 2.43. Hardware version 4.33 and Software version 3.5.6 (16). Serial Number 18086.

I have a "normal" USB2 8 Gb memory stick (Brand DT101 G2).

I have downloaded many sounds from here, but you need to register first:

Freesound link

I just tried to use functions with the memory functions "route" = .wav sound in this case played with pressing loco function button to activate the sound. I used a Delta loco without any assigned function keys as there are not any. It played the same good quality sounds well with this way too, but the yellow "route/memory function" active sign stayed on after each sound was played. Regardless of this the next sound was possible to play, but only once. So it seems like the memory functions stay reserved for some strange reason. I then decided to put that Delta loco "functions" back to basic setting = no functions at all. This is a great way to play sounds when working correctly and it gives many new possibilities. Also a loco function button can activate a real route if needed and if the loco has not 16 functions a free function button can be assigned for this purpose then.

Janne
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Moris  
#39 Posted : 26 March 2014 11:55:29(UTC)
Moris

Italy   
Where can be found - if available - the last ChangeLog in original language (german)?

Thanks Wink
60216 CS3+ with 60175 Booster, Mostly Era III & IV German UserPostedImage and USA UserPostedImage Diesel & Steam Locs, C-Track Layout (always under construction...)
Offline clapcott  
#40 Posted : 26 March 2014 23:06:59(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Moris Go to Quoted Post
Where can be found - if available - the last ChangeLog in original language (german)?

The Source changeLog (which is in German) comes from the CS2 itself...
- http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hilfe/ChangeLog.html

If you check the bottom of the first post of this thread you will find a link to a copy of the file

Peter
Offline bo  
#41 Posted : 28 March 2014 13:45:32(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Hi to all of you!

Yesterday I have successfully updated my CS 60213.
I thought that signals 76xxx series v.2.0 were broken or not programmed properly by marklin as was mentioned on this forum long time ago and should be sent back to marklin for fixing...
BUT please be informed that all types of signals, from now on, can be programmed without any problems.

New software update just saved my nervous system!BigGrin

Cheers!

Boris
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by bo
Offline bo  
#42 Posted : 02 April 2014 01:10:47(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Hello,

could anyone tell me please what format (e.g. fat32, exfat) of usb stick should I use for cs2 60213 (HW 4.33; SW 3.5.6(16)) and should I need to create any folders (e.g. wave, sound) in the root folder and then put .wav files into folder?

Thanks in advance!

Boris

Offline waorb  
#43 Posted : 02 April 2014 19:03:38(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Hello Boris!

As described above (post #7), seems that the folder is /cs2/wave

One readable format is FAT32 (the default one).

Keep posting if you could put the sound to work.

Cheers,

Walter
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by waorb
bo
Offline bo  
#44 Posted : 03 April 2014 01:43:01(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Hi Walter,

thank you for reply!
What I did:
1. Format my usb flash drive (Transcend 8Gb) - FAT32
2. Create folder in root/cs2/wave
3. Go to Setup tab - press "wrench" icon - Audio
4. Nothing happened.

I think that CS2 doesn't want to recognize usb stick. The usb port in cs2 works fine. I tried several times with three absolutely different sticks (brand, memory, speed) - nothing. Also I have tried to use .wav sounds from the source that was mentioned above.
I don't want to insert/pull out many times as it can cause a problem with usb stick and can be broken afterwards. But I've heard the opposite, that you have to insert several times for recognition.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Boris
Offline Janne75  
#45 Posted : 03 April 2014 10:03:55(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi Boris,

Have you loudspeakers installed in the 3.5 mm connector behind CS2? Are you able to play the three sounds which are installed from Märklin in the CS2 with this newest update? If not, then I would first consentrate to the overall sound playing problem and after that to play .wav format sounds from USB stick. I had no problems with my CS2. You should not be in the "programming mode" when playing the sounds. Just go to CS2 Audio and try to play the sounds with that play button. I am not at home now, so it is difficult to give correct good information as it would be easier to see all the screens and just don´t quess and try to remember... It is not difficult anyway and I am sure we will get yours to work too. I used just normal USB-stick with Windows 7 default format (FAT32?).

Regards,
Janne
Offline bo  
#46 Posted : 03 April 2014 10:25:43(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Hi Janne,

with a default sounds (internal) on CS2 my speakers works just fine. The problem is that I can't use usb-stick as CS2 doesn't see it.
I will get today a new usb-stick and will try again.

BR,
Boris
Offline Janne75  
#47 Posted : 03 April 2014 11:05:15(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
My CS2 is 60214 and yours is 60213. But we have the same versions HW 4.33, SW 3.5.6(16). I have my USB stick attached in the CS2 all the time. Does your USB stick have any lights so you could see if the data is read (CS2 loading the .wav sounds into memory maybe) ? Mine has and it starts to flash when it reads the .wav file. Does that USB stick work ok when using with computer? Just to be sure you have a folder named cs2 in the root (top level of your memory stick) and in that folder another folder named wave and all your .wav format soundfiles in that folder ? If I remember correctly there is also a folder named sound under cs2 . I copied my downloaded .wav sound files in both folders. What I don´t remember for sure when I don´t have my CS2 in front of me now is that maybe it was needed to get back from those default sounds view to be able to see your own sounds and your memory stick.

Edit: When I see some previous potings with photos you should click the arrow to the left to be able to go back to see your memory stick. I have used some routes only for playing the sounds. In those routes there are no other items like turnouts etc. I have used only one .wav sound per route and the sound file must be played to the end before any other route can be activated. At least no other route containing .wav file is not possible to play until the previous one has ended as CS2 can not play two .wav sounds at the same time.

Janne
Offline bo  
#48 Posted : 03 April 2014 14:05:29(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Janne,

first of all thank you for such a detailed reply.
Today I bought new 4Gb usb-stick, add new "cs2" folder with "wave" folder inside.
Now it works perfect!

Thanks for the time spent on solving my problem.

Cheers,

Boris
Offline Janne75  
#49 Posted : 03 April 2014 19:23:24(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Great! ThumpUp Enjoy the sounds Cool . So it was only a non working USB memory stick then.

Janne
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
bo
Offline waorb  
#50 Posted : 03 April 2014 21:30:13(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Hello!

Did you tryed to boot up (power on) the CS2 with the stick already plugged in?

And/or the opposite, insert it after the CS2 is ready to work?

Cheers,

Walter