Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline river6109  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2014 08:19:45(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
creating a winter scenery is something different and it takes a certain effort to create one. there is a ski lift available, cable car but when it comes to people the choice is suddenly plummeting to almost zero. you have 1 set of skiers (6 different position) or standing skiers (6) you may get 2 different variety of people dressed in Winter clothe, a man pushing a sled with a kid on it, or the odd working person or railway personell most probably father Christmas, a Christmas tree and this is it.

when you look at the summer collection or selections you can almost find a person for any profession, leisure, you named its there to buy.

there must be at least thousand different type of people and positions. I've started re-painting the gear they are wearing to make them appear slightly different.

Again manufacturers bring out digital snowplows (very nice) but have nothing to go with it, for me very disappointing.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline DamonKelly  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2014 10:35:12(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
creating a winter scenery is something different and it takes a certain effort to create one. there is a ski lift available, cable car but when it comes to people the choice is suddenly plummeting to almost zero. you have 1 set of skiers (6 different position) or standing skiers (6) you may get 2 different variety of people dressed in Winter clothe, a man pushing a sled with a kid on it, or the odd working person or railway personell most probably father Christmas, a Christmas tree and this is it.

when you look at the summer collection or selections you can almost find a person for any profession, leisure, you named its there to buy.

there must be at least thousand different type of people and positions. I've started re-painting the gear they are wearing to make them appear slightly different.

Again manufacturers bring out digital snowplows (very nice) but have nothing to go with it, for me very disappointing.

John

I agree!
Recently (over Christmas/New Year) we were in Europe (Germany, Czech Republic, Italy) and actively looking for "winter" figures and accessories. Like you, we were disappointed! That same man pulling a sled, a few Christmas trees, several Christmas Markets, multiple Santa Clauses, but that was about it. We, also, wanted ordinary figures dressed in winter clothes.
Maybe Europeans don't like being reminded of the cold and bleak weather that is common in their winter? Blink
Cheers,
Damon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DamonKelly
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2014 10:57:35(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: DamonKelly Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

John

I agree!
Recently (over Christmas/New Year) we were in Europe (Germany, Czech Republic, Italy) and actively looking for "winter" figures and accessories. Like you, we were disappointed! That same man pulling a sled, a few Christmas trees, several Christmas Markets, multiple Santa Clauses, but that was about it. We, also, wanted ordinary figures dressed in winter clothes.
Maybe Europeans don't like being reminded of the cold and bleak weather that is common in their winter? Blink

it could be when looking at all the other summer figures, may be someone in the inventive or incentive department hates the winter but the irony is that about 7 month of the year they can experience snow. German railways (the most popular one doesn't have real beaches or hot weather like the southern Country of Italy which hasn't got a wide product range Märklin) . SBB and Austria is the next country whereas you can say although its also beautiful in summer time, these countries lie in snow most of the time or have they started producing figures now because of climate change BigGrin, maybe its time to produce more umbrellas, floodwater scenes or layouts suffering from bush fires.
you can get at least enough different houses or churches to fill your winter scenery.

I have about another 4 or 5 sets coming, don't know exactly what it is but I have already got one set which I have to alter so it looks like they are wearing winter clothe.
I like to know how Hamburg got on with it because they have extensive winter scenes unless they've created their own figures but on the surface it could be the Preiser family has been 1000 times copied over and over again.

John

UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage UserPostedImage
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#4 Posted : 22 February 2014 13:09:15(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
7 pages of winter diorama from forum search function, seems to bear out what you say:

https://www.marklin-user.../forum/yaf_search.aspx#0|5

Sill love looking at Mehmet's friend Micha's awesome dioramas - what amazing modelling skills.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jeremy Palmer