Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2014 13:35:58(UTC)
charles Sharpe

I am sorry if this is a stupid question but if the wires from the 60113 connection box were extended by 6 feet do you think it would have any affect on turnout mechs and decoders using the MS2. The reason I ask is I am running my alpine section using my CS1 and as I only have 4 trains up there and 3 turnouts with mechs and decoders it is working fine. Were the problem is I now have a set of Hag IC2000 D/D coaches and the last coach has the latest decoder in it and it will not run on the CS1. So I thought I would use one of my MS2's up there, the problem is it will only work the turnouts some times. The MS2 has the latest update and the mecs and decoders are the latest versions. I have moved the mecs and decoders to else where and they work fine. The only thing I can think of is I had to extend the red/ brown wires to get up to that section. The mains plug is the one that came with the MS2 and is a 66361 36 amps. Any thoughts.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2014 04:52:48(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Can any body recommend what type of switch I can use to get over this problem. If I take the brown and red wires from the CS1 to the switch and the take the brown and red wires from the 60113 connection box to a switch and then flick the switch to use which controller I want . Is this possible.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2014 09:05:40(UTC)
Goofy

You cannot use connection box 60113 with the CS1.
You cannot either use MS2 with the CS1.
Because CS1 is the older system.
If you have CS2,you can easy plug in MS2 with the CS2 but not use box 60113.
When you hook up and use with two wires brown and red,it´s base to feed all digital compenents on the layout.
Never mix box 60113 with the CS1!!!
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline charles Sharpe  
#4 Posted : 23 February 2014 05:04:51(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Anders.

I completely under stand that I can not use the MS2 with the CS1. What I thought I could do is take R/B wires from CS1 to a switch Then take R/B wires from 60113 box to the same switch then bring the R/B wires from track to that switch. Then have mains power to both CS1 and MS2 and flick the switch one way for the MS2 and the other way for the CS1.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2014 09:25:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: charles Sharpe Go to Quoted Post
Hello Anders.

I completely under stand that I can not use the MS2 with the CS1. What I thought I could do is take R/B wires from CS1 to a switch Then take R/B wires from 60113 box to the same switch then bring the R/B wires from track to that switch. Then have mains power to both CS1 and MS2 and flick the switch one way for the MS2 and the other way for the CS1.

Charles.

Okey...i understand know what you mean.
First...you need two pole power switch,so you can switch between CS1 and box 60113.
I have never tested like this to switch over between two difference digital system.
If you have both digital system power on,then in case what will been happens for the CS1 or box 60113 if you have still power source still on??
You need only to switch wires via power switch,but still you have power source on in both digital system.

H0
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline charles Sharpe  
#6 Posted : 06 March 2014 05:49:51(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Over the weekend I did a bench test to see if I could sort out my problem. I got 2 lengths of c track connected them to the 60113 connection box via its own pair of brown and red wires. I then added the 3 turnouts one after each other to the c track as they would be on the alpine layout plugged in the MS2 switched on the mains power. When I press the first icon for the turnout it worked both ways no 2 will only work one way and no 3 nothing at all. So I moved the turnouts around and the same thing happened. I have tried 2 MS 2s and the same thigh happens. I don't see what I can do now.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Goofy  
#7 Posted : 06 March 2014 06:59:24(UTC)
Goofy

Did you connect two difference digital system via two pole switch contact?
All digital components like k83 and k84 must been control by one system.
If you don´t want to use CS2 and you switch over to MS2,you must make sure that there is control from digital system to control k83 and k84.
H0
Offline charles Sharpe  
#8 Posted : 06 March 2014 09:33:28(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Anders.
The test was just done with just the ms2 only. So the test was done just like as if you had a small layout.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE