Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2013 11:19:26(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Marco & others,

If you think the recently discussed Opel Käpitan was pricey, take a look at this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Faller-AMS-extrem-selten-Color-Film-Nurnburgring-original-karton-831-/380700870228?pt=Rennbahnen_und_Slotcars&hash=item58a38a4654

This rare 8mm film was only in the 1967 catalogue and always commands a high asking price on the few occasions it has come available.

This time at 599.00 Euro's.

I am quite surprised a copy of it has not been uploaded to Youtube by now. Perhaps those who have it are guarding it closely?

Cheers

Cookee
cookee_nz attached the following image(s):
faller831-67p08.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline kweekalot  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2013 20:46:57(UTC)
kweekalot

Netherlands   
Hi Steve,

This 8mm film is already copied to DVD and quite regularly for sale on ebay for only a few bucks, see ebay screenshot .

Maybe one of the members of the AMS club Sweden has such a copy on DVD that we can borrow ??
I think one must be a super die hard AMS enthusiast to spent € 599 on the Original 4 minutes 8mm film. OhMyGod

Marco

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kweekalot
Offline Fallerfreak  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2013 20:14:08(UTC)
Fallerfreak

Sweden   
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Fallerfreak
Offline Mats P  
#4 Posted : 20 October 2013 22:14:57(UTC)
Mats P

Sweden   
Here is were I bought mine: Klaus Halgatos Shop. Use to buy almost all my spare parts there. Have good prices and ship very fast. ThumpUp
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Mats P
Offline cookee_nz  
#5 Posted : 21 October 2013 07:32:43(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Mats P Go to Quoted Post
Here is were I bought mine: Klaus Halgatos Shop. Use to buy almost all my spare parts there. Have good prices and ship very fast. ThumpUp

I am absolutely certain that I have this film on a CD or DVD, I can't remember where it came from but I suspect it was among a bulk purchase I made some years ago, and it was a real surprise to find it among the other items.

I know I have watched it and I don't own the 8mm original so I must have seen it somewhere. I know I have not got it on VHS either.

I've searched all my CD's and backup hard drives without success so I think it's going to be one of those items where the harder I search for it the longer it will take to find!!

Clearly it's gone to that place where lost things go until they are ready to be found so I just have to be patient and wait for that time to pass. Sneaky

But if I do find it, I'll certainly upload it to Youtube, I can't imagine any copyright would still be argued after all this time.

Unless of course some other helpful soul has a copy and uploads it first ThumpUp

Cheers

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz