Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Are you buying the Insider 37455 BR45?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 85 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline biedmatt  
#101 Posted : 10 February 2014 14:33:41(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
Originally Posted by: TimR Go to Quoted Post
But if the current (cheaper and simpler) 3-poler actually have the same or better running quality compared to Maxxon-powered BR45,
then they would make the previous generation of Marklin engineers look bad....

I wouldn't dis the old engineers if this in fact proves the case. Electronics and their control of mechanics is the great engineering development of the past two decades. We've had multi link suspensions on passenger cars since the M-B 190s from the early '80s. That has been about it for the last great mechanical engineering advancement with automobiles. Twin cam four valves were available in the early '70s, see Cosworth-Vega. The electronics though with ABS, traction control, engine management and now stability control are where auto engineering have been improving. Now you can really drive a 911 and not kill yourself. Frankly, I'd dis the new boys if 10 year newer electronics can't match what the old boys did with 37450.
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#102 Posted : 11 February 2014 06:25:21(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Recently I was having a look at the Meingingen Werks on Google Earth, on there I found this, I hope it will be restored

UserPostedImage

That's 45 010, which was destroyed in the Nuremberg fire of 2005. According to Wikipedia it is going to be restored, but I can't find any more information about that.

Picture of 45 010 before the fire.

Dave, All,

Like me, until last night, every body hasn't viewed their "Insider" DVD that came with Insider issue 6/13, but testerday, I was alerted to the fact my face is on it during the Friday 13th Marklin Days Factory tour in company with my US friends, Stretch Anderson, from ETE, his daughter Eden and friend Emily, and also friend and ETE expat kiwi Dave Cowl.
Anyway featuring in the DVD is 45.010 in her restored condition as a background to Hagen Von Ortloff as he was doing the introduction and links. I will need to see the DVD again to pick up on where 45.0140 is housed, but it has been done, and looks great, but I'm not sure if she is in running condition Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist