Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline chrisisrang  
#1 Posted : 09 June 2013 02:47:25(UTC)
chrisisrang

Hi!

I need to replace the cable of my Marklin Mobile Station 2(#60653). Does anyone know the spare part number for the cable and how to open the Mobile Station? The mobile station does not seem to have any screws. Many thanks in advance for your expert advice.

Cheers,

Chris
Offline Dimi194  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2013 00:48:46(UTC)
Dimi194

Australia   
I don't know if the cable (assuming you mean the one that originates from the controller?) is actually a spare part... What happened to the cable?
Author of the gritty sci-fi novel 'Stories of Earth: WWIII' (featuring an awesome train chase)
Avid YouTuber (XtremeTrainz and TrainzXtreme) and train person!
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 10 June 2013 08:21:15(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if the cable [...] is actually a spare part...
I don't know either, but the cable for the MS1 was available as a spare part.

Chris, Märklin should be able to tell you the spare part number for this cable (if it's available separately).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline chrisisrang  
#4 Posted : 10 June 2013 10:17:34(UTC)
chrisisrang

Hi! Tom

Thank you for your note. The replacement cable is available for Marklin 2 #60653 and it simply needs to be plugged into the board. Please check out the eBay auction for the cable. The only issue buying from this dealer is that he will not ship letter post which means I have to pay an astronomical Euro 40 for a cable that is costing me only Euro 24!!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/M...32bbd74b8#ht_1347wt_1236

I was hoping someone can provide me the part number so that I can ask my dealer to order it for me. He is checking with Marklin on the exact part number.

Cheers,

Chris

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Originally Posted by: Dimi194 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if the cable [...] is actually a spare part...
I don't know either, but the cable for the MS1 was available as a spare part.

Chris, Märklin should be able to tell you the spare part number for this cable (if it's available separately).

Offline Joris_vda  
#5 Posted : 14 July 2017 12:05:15(UTC)
Joris_vda

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: chrisisrang Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I need to replace the cable of my Marklin Mobile Station 2(#60653). Does anyone know the spare part number for the cable and how to open the Mobile Station? The mobile station does not seem to have any screws. Many thanks in advance for your expert advice.

Cheers,

Chris

hi there, i have the same challenge, how van i open up the mobile station to replace the cable? (got myself one already)

Thanks
Offline 3rail4life  
#6 Posted : 16 July 2017 01:42:58(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Hi all,

The Märklin part number for the Mobile Station 2 replacement cord is E146781.

To replace the cord one must remove the five T-8 torx head screws securing the two piece housing together.

Accessing the screws requires removal of the round control knob by gently pulling it away from the controller and removing the two rubber feet from the base.

Carefully remove the old cord from the circuit board and install the new one, reassemble and your done!

Note that the rubber feet are differently coded for right and left when replacing.

I also recommend using a good quality T-8 torx bit as the screws sometimes do require a good bit of torque to tighten the two halves completely back together.

Cheers,
Gordon

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 3rail4life