Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gharris198  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2013 22:16:09(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Seeking some help on what I hope is fairly simple. I have a CS2, a Viessmann 5217 (in lieu of an S88 which was on back order) and three pieces of circuit track (24994), which we'll call A, B, and C. I'd like my loco to begin at A, travel to B, and then reverse direction and travel to C. What, if anything, do I need to do to have my CS2 recognize the Viessmann, and where do I go from there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg
Offline gharris198  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2013 16:58:38(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Might someone at least help explain the necessity of attaching a brown wire from the "T" character on the 5217 to the track?

Thanks in advance
Offline sikardon  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2013 20:11:47(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Originally Posted by: gharris198 Go to Quoted Post
Might someone at least help explain the necessity of attaching a brown wire from the "T" character on the 5217 to the track?

Thanks in advance

Dear Greg,

I use CS2 and 60880 (Marklin S88), and in order to S88 work correctly, yes, the upside-down T port have to be connected to the brown cable/output of CS2 (the ground cable).
I think it should be the same with Viesmann, but I don't know, never try it with Viesmann S88.
You can search the forum also, there are plenty of this topic in the past, including mine.

Cheers,
Sony
Offline gharris198  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2013 02:21:31(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Thanks Sony, I get the brown cable hookup now. So I guess my next question is in CS2: how or where do I need to define the S88 on the CS2? It's not like a solenoid accessory which I define in Keyboard, is it? I have wired my 24994 tracks to three different plugs in the S88, what is the next step?
Offline sikardon  
#5 Posted : 01 May 2013 05:39:22(UTC)
sikardon

Indonesia   
Thanks Sony, I get the brown cable hookup now. So I guess my next question is in CS2: how or where do I need to define the S88 on the CS2? It's not like a solenoid accessory which I define in Keyboard, is it? I have wired my 24994 tracks to three different plugs in the S88, what is the next step?

Go to the Layout tab, and click configure. There you have to insert the icon on your layout. The icon called Contact S88, it looks like "an egg with black line" Blink, located just near the Green Check/Confirm Button. Or you can click the Help button, and there you get explanation on all the icon. Then a dialog box shows up, just select the correct port, and jobs finish. When your train activated this contact, then on your layout, you will see that the color will change from white to solid yellow/orange.

I believe you have CS2 manual? If not, you can download this manual from maerklin, http://medienpdb.maerkli.../1/pdf/60215_betrieb.pdf
Unfortunately, there is no English language, only German. Go to page 23, and you find your answer.

Cheers,
Sony
Offline gharris198  
#6 Posted : 02 May 2013 01:32:15(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Hi Sony,

So I've done this, and it all makes sense. The only thing is that when I define the contacts on the Layout page (I have ports 5, 7, and 9) each little "egg" as you say keeps only the port number of the last one entered. In other words, all three eggs are either 5, 7, or 9. Have you ever encountered this?

Thanks!
Offline bo  
#7 Posted : 02 May 2013 02:05:52(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Seeking some help on what I hope is fairly simple. I have a CS2, a Viessmann 5217 (in lieu of an S88 which was on back order) and three pieces of circuit track (24994), which we'll call A, B, and C. I'd like my loco to begin at A, travel to B, and then reverse direction and travel to C. What, if anything, do I need to do to have my CS2 recognize the Viessmann, and where do I go from there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

Hi Greg,

if you want to force your V5217 work with CS2 - all you have to do is to join T to 0 and join one of 1-16 outputs to B (I used 1st output). All next outputs I used for connecting 24994 (2-16).

I hope my explanation is clear. Hope this will help.

Cheers,
Boris
Offline gharris198  
#8 Posted : 02 May 2013 03:03:34(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Hi Boris,

I've made the connections as you describe, yet still the V5217 does not want to differentiate between each of my three 24994s. They are all either port 5, 7, or 9 - whichever one I set last.

Greg
Offline Nielsenr  
#9 Posted : 02 May 2013 07:00:21(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Greg,

Once you have connected the S88 (any manufacturers version) to the bottom of the CS2 via the ribbon cable, the S88 inputs are available to the CS2 to be used in routes via the memory page. There is no other defining the S88 to the CS2 like there is for decoders via the Keypad screen. If you are going to add them to a layout page, when you enter the symbol for a S88 contact and then place it on the layout page, you have a opportunity to enter the number of the input, 1 - 16 for the first S88, 17-32 for the second, etc ... When you first enter one, typically the entry defaults to "1". You can change the entry by using the left or right arrows to each side of the entry or "click" on the entry and it brings up a numeric keypad where you can quickly enter a number. The next one you enter will show the last one entered and all you have to do is use the arrows again or "click" on the number and then use the keypad again to enter a different number. Obviously after entering the number, you need to click on the green check mark to accept the entry.

After finishing the work on the layout screen, don't forget to hit the green check mark to save the layout screen. Now when a car rolls over a particular circuit track, the little oval on the layout screen for that contact will change from white to yellow. Also remember that circuit tracks are directional. The track has two contacts, one for each direction.

Hope this helps ...

Robert
Offline bo  
#10 Posted : 02 May 2013 13:33:28(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Hi Boris,

I've made the connections as you describe, yet still the V5217 does not want to differentiate between each of my three 24994s. They are all either port 5, 7, or 9 - whichever one I set last.

Greg

Greg,

let me describe again. Two cables going out from the back of CS2 - brown and red, which is B and 0. Also bus cable (grey) which should be connected underneath of CS2.
Connect T to brown (0) and port 1 of 5217 to red (b). Please pay attention that grey cable should be connected to 5217, where the big arrow point to and the other side should be connected to CS2. Next step - connect one of 24994 to port 2-3, 4-5 and 6-7 (to digits - both directions). Turn on your CS2. When all done, 5217 must make some noise (triggering) - it tells that decoder works fine.

Please see attached diagram (sorry its in Russian).
CS2: go to layout page and find the symbol with straight line and white oval circle on it. Click and install it on your layout sheet. When you click on this symbol, you will see new window with s88 parameters, use one of your connected 24994 ports number.

While testing (touch the "lever" 24994 both ways) you will see on the screen that white oval circle comes green/yellow - it tells that it works fine.

Hope this help.

Cheers,
Boris
bo attached the following image(s):
1.png
Offline bo  
#11 Posted : 02 May 2013 14:58:12(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Greg,

sorry for using your thread, but let please me ask you a counterquestion (maybe someone else know) about shuttle route: how to setup reverse direction in CS2? For example, train leaves station A, came to B, staying at station B for a while and then make it go back to A automatically - is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Boris
Offline gharris198  
#12 Posted : 02 May 2013 16:30:45(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Boris,

This I can already achieve - setting the shuttle route within a specific locomotive allows for this to happen. On the control screen, select the loco you want and then click the "wrench" icon on the screen. Click the icon marked "Shuttle" and a screen will appear asking you to define a starting S88 point, a middle, and an ending point. You can also specify the speed and the time spent. Once you save that, a "route" icon will appear next to the "wrench" icon on that loco's control screen, and tapping that route button will activate the shuttle.

Hope this helps, and thanks for all your help so far.

Greg
Offline gharris198  
#13 Posted : 02 May 2013 22:52:32(UTC)
gharris198

United States   
Robert,

No matter what I do, each of my three S 88 contacts keep the same number as all the rest. They are either all keeping the number five, seven, or nine, depending on which one is the last one I put in. It doesn't matter if I save each individual one each time, they all are the same. So as a result, my shuttle train gets to the first contact point, stops, backs up a couple of inches setting off the contact again, stops, then moves forward a few inches, and keeps repeating the process until I stop it. Obviously I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out what it is.
Offline bo  
#14 Posted : 02 May 2013 23:14:55(UTC)
bo

Ukraine   
Greg,

I know what you are talking about... I didn't know that "define a starting S88 point, a middle, and an ending point" can be the key to my answer :)

Many thanks!

Hope my advice was helpful in solving your issue.

P.s. I don't really understand why you are using exactly 5,7 and 9? Are you trying to setup shuttle route between three contact tracks?
Offline Nielsenr  
#15 Posted : 02 May 2013 23:28:17(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Greg,

I have sent you a PM.

Robert