Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2013 06:58:27(UTC)
charles Sharpe

After 5 years of collecting I will have my complete set of IC 2000 Hag coaches by the end of the month. The last one should be with me by the end of April and I also have coming 6 lighting kits coming. Please can some one tell me how the lighting kits work, I have noticed the Hag do not make current conducting couplers. Can I use Marklin ones as I've used on my Marklin coaches in the past. Also can you help me with my second question. 2 of my coaches are DC and I need to change the wheel sets to AC but when I look in the HAG catalogue there are 4/5 different ones and I am not sure on the code number I need to order.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2013 09:58:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The lights require the 550 LED lighting strip, 551 slider and 552 or 553 axle contact. The slider/contacts are available as a set under the number 554. As far as connecting the coaches, you can use the two pole current conducting close couplers by Viessmann, which should give you both the main and return wires so that you can power the whole train using the slider on the pilot coach. The coach chassis is metal and AFAIR is connected to the return via the wheels. As far as the wheelsets, if you are using K or C track, you do not necessarily have to swap for AC wheel sets. Reversing one wheel set in the bogie will result in the axle contact feeding to both rails.

http://www.viessmann-mod...plungen--zweipolig-.html

You can also use the Krois or Symoba couplers:
http://www.krois-modell.at/produkt/stkupp/
http://www.symoba-schnie...g.de/kupplg-produkte.htm

Another option you might consider is the installation of Rapido Trains "Easy-Peasy" lighting system, which is powered by battery and activated by a magnetic wand. You may have to adapt these lights for double deck use.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline charles Sharpe  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2013 19:53:05(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Mike.

Please could you confirm what I need for each coach. I now I will want 1 x 550 do I have to have 1 slider per car or 1 each end, and if I get the 554 slider/contacts set do I have 1 at each end of the each coaches and then current conducting couples, Can I use the Marklin ones as I have some spares. I hope this all makes sense.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2013 21:43:21(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Charles,

I think that if you use the Viessmann or other current conducting couplers, you should get one axle contact per coach and wire this to the chassis (or to the lighting terminal directly). You can then link the slider (on the pilot coach) to each coach using the current conducting coupler (1 pole). If you decide to opt for 2 pole conducting couplers, then both the main and return can be passed to each coach via the coupling. I would still use the axle contacts to ensure the best ground connection per coach. The 552 and 553 are identical except for the length of the wire attached. You will have to decide which one is better for your circumstances.

If you want to use the Maerklin current conducting couplers, you will need to solder a wire to the lead on each coupling and then snake the wire to the inside of the coach. You will have to test to ensure that this wire does not impede the bogie.

I wonder if you could build a 9V battery into the baggage compartment of the AS coach and then run wires through each coach for the wiring. If should not be too difficult to build some kind of micro switch into the end of the coach that couples to the lok.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2013 23:17:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
HAG recommend that the wires from each carriage run between the cars, there are 2 small holes near the top of the carfor the 2 wires. they are hardly noticable. All on the instruction sheets of the lighting kits. If the wiring is continious only need one power slider and one earth .
The other way (and I think better solution is to use the Marklin 2 pole CCC. far better than Viessmann.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nevw
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2013 23:46:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
As far as I know, Maerklin makes two different current conducting couplers, both of which happen to be single pole. 7319 and 72020.
The Maerklin 72020 requires that a cable be soldered to the lead attached to the coupler. Maerklin coaches have a special fitting which conducts the current from the coupling to the inside of the coach that cannot be used with other manufacturer's coupling shafts.
The Viessmann coupler is actually a Fleischmann Profi coupler that has been adapted to carry a current. I find that the Profi couplers work very well in push-pull operation and have decided to use these on my Re 450 S-Bahn, EWIV Intercity and IC2000 Intercity Pendelzug consists.
Roco has a 4 pole current conducting coupler (40345), but unless you want to use it to power the headlights/taillights on the pilot coach from the lok, this would be overkill.
Symoba-Schniering does make a 2 pole coupler, which would be more suitable for interior lighting only.

I have some of the Hag IC 2000 coaches from earlier productions. I have never noticed any holes near the top of the car for wires. Perhaps Nev can post a photo?

Regards

Mike C

Offline nevw  
#7 Posted : 03 April 2013 03:58:19(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Mike Marklin now make a 2 Pole Conductor.

Part Numbers :
Marklin 219446 COUPLER (Male)
Marklin 219447 COUPLER (Female)

Sorry sold the lighting kits but I remember it in the installation Instructions.

N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 03 April 2013 06:09:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Those are the same ones as the ones advertised by Symoba-Schniering. I guess that they are now available through Maerklin.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Rajnish  
#9 Posted : 04 April 2013 07:57:33(UTC)
Rajnish

The original 2-pole current conducting Symoba couplers provide much better value. They are available and are also 10% (60 Cents) chearper than the Marklin ones which are curently out of stock at the factory. BTW An ESU fx decoder in the Steuerwagen is a good idea to help switch - on and switch off the lights rather than have them constantly running, unless some sort of manual switch is installed.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rajnish
Offline charles Sharpe  
#10 Posted : 04 April 2013 09:22:19(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: Rajnish Go to Quoted Post
The original 2-pole current conducting Symoba couplers provide much better value. They are available and are also 10% (60 Cents) chearper than the Marklin ones which are curently out of stock at the factory. BTW An ESU fx decoder in the Steuerwagen is a good idea to help switch - on and switch off the lights rather than have them constantly running, unless some sort of manual switch is installed.

Hi Rajnish.

Can I get from Lok Shop if not were.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Rajnish  
#11 Posted : 04 April 2013 10:51:29(UTC)
Rajnish

Hi Rajnish.

Can I get from Lok Shop if not were.

Charles.[/quote wrote:

Hi! Charles,

I do not think it will be worth going to any of the Marklin dealers because they will either be not too keen to order the spares or will take a couple of weeks to get them along with their next order of spares. Symoba lists their partner for UK, US and the ROW (outside Europe) on their website. Since they are in the UK, I reckon it should be fairly easy to get them without too much shipping cost.

DCC Supplies Ltd..
Unit 17A, Top Barn Business Centre
Worcester Road,
Holt Heath, Worcestershire
WR6 6NH, United Kingdom
Phone: 0845 224 1601
(+44 [0] 1905 621999) www.dccsupplies.com

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rajnish

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Rajnish
Offline charles Sharpe  
#12 Posted : 07 April 2013 05:28:37(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Originally Posted by: nevw Go to Quoted Post
HAG recommend that the wires from each carriage run between the cars, there are 2 small holes near the top of the carfor the 2 wires. they are hardly noticable. All on the instruction sheets of the lighting kits. If the wiring is continious only need one power slider and one earth .
The other way (and I think better solution is to use the Marklin 2 pole CCC. far better than Viessmann.

Nev

Hello Nev.

If the wires go though at the top of each coach how do you take each coaches off the track for there 3 monthly clean.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#13 Posted : 07 April 2013 23:17:52(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Have to take the lid off and the wires Unplug. A Pain I would use the 2 pole CC Couplers and run the wires up through the floor.

Nev
Offline charles Sharpe  
#14 Posted : 21 April 2013 07:21:05(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Please can you explain the difference between single pole and 2 pole current conducting couplers.as the Symoba ones are going to cost me £100. Were the marklin ones are£35 but are single pole.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#15 Posted : 21 April 2013 08:56:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Charles, the 2 pole CCC from coupling location

are about 11 Euros a Pair. One Male and One Female. Marklin price is horrible. (but when looking at the price it is for 2 couplers)

coupling pickie

RTS Couplers from Lokshp are single pole conductors and you would need an earthing plate on each Carriage., but only one Slider. Marklin have the same coupler as the RTS ones but are more expensive.

The 2 pole positive connection is the best:

Nev
Offline charles Sharpe  
#16 Posted : 07 May 2013 22:47:22(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Good news today I have just had a e mail from my friend and a forum member Rajnish that my HAG IC 2000 steueragon is on it's way to me. Also in the shipment are the lighting kits that I ordered. I am very please with the service that Rajnish has given me. The prices are good and he has kept me up to date on my order has answered all my questions. I have just ordered the new Hag Ee922 shunter which is do out at the end of the year or the beginning of 2014. If you are looking for some ic 2000 coaches I know you has some sets in stock.

The name of his company is Thrilling Toyz and his e mail address is info@thrillingtoyz.com You can pay by Pay Pal. He is based in Singapore

Charles.

CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#17 Posted : 30 November 2013 07:22:19(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

What a turn around from getting the coaches, lighting kits ,and the decoder, all ready to fit I sold the lot on e bay and made a profit I have just taken delivery of a new set of the hag coaches with the lighting kits factory fitted and the decoder so the lights can be turned off when they are standing still. I hope to get them running on CS1 which is my alpine section and then try them on my main CS2 layout today. The coaches are bought from Rajnish The name of his company is Thrilling Toyz and his e mail address is info@thrillingtoyz.com. I will keep you posted If I can remember how to post some images it's been over 2 years since I did so I will post some.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline mike c  
#18 Posted : 30 November 2013 18:47:02(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Just go to your post, look for attach files and select the photos you want to attach.

MC