Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 1spur  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2013 17:31:25(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hello Everyone

Just wished to ask if anyone has news of RAPTOR DIGITAL? this is a follow up to an earlier thread which died out.
I discovered Raptor last year,and am very interested in their DCC system;
I have emailed them twice since Christmas but no replies,so wondered if they had stopped operating?

any help much appreciated

regards SteveBigGrin
Offline Raptor Fan  
#2 Posted : 11 May 2013 09:59:22(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

I think I have a piece of news on RAPTOR DIGITAL that might interest you.
they have made a new development called the SpDrs60 (Spurplan Drucktasten Stellwerk Siemens 1960).

Copied directly from their site:

New Developments:

There is a new possibility for a graphical expansion developed for Raptor to display your rail layout on one or
more monitors in accordance with the SpDrs60 method (Spurplan Drucktasten Stellwerk Siemens 1960) of
layout control. (No worries, the entire programme is in the English language). The SpDrs60 method is a
development for the German railways to operate (shunt)yards for example from (simple) signal boxes.

The SpDrs60 is a modular construction into certain blocks (tiles) for a systematic view of a signaling panel.
The tiles consist of various elements such as signals and turnouts. With this optional expansion, you can
create a graphical SpDrs60 signal panel to reflect your layout on your computer screen.

The SpDrs60 shall find, by your entered decoder, addresses and other information for each tile through
automatically connection with Raptor the actual status in order to obtain a dazzling live display of your layout
on the screen with train locations and actual corresponding signal and turnout position.

Finally you can also control your Raptor layout through the SpDrs60 panels using configured Raptor-signal
boxes. Note: the Raptor contols at all times the layout and/or checks your specify switch commands made by
mouse clicks on SpDrs60 screen.

The program "SpDrs60_for_Raptor" runs on any laptop of PC not older than 10 years, through the SpDrs60
USB stick. But it also runs the SpDrs60 on a Raspberry Pi (RPI) computer. The USB stick loads at start-up the
computer software needed to use the SpDrs60 programme. A (working) hard disk with an operating system
software is not necessary.

Another new development is the possibility of controlling Raptor wireless via any (iOS, Android or Windows)
tablet or smart-phone. As soon as more is known, you'll find it on this website. In the meantime you already
can find some information here.

Hope this helps,
Raptor-Fan

SpDrs60

RAPTOR - New Developments
Offline 1spur  
#3 Posted : 11 May 2013 10:15:48(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hello Raptor-Fan,
Really good to hear from you, much appreciated.It is quite a while since I was last on the forum..and model railways have being a bit quiet.
I have changed a little in the fact I am now looking at Uk SM32 model layout (16mm) but should still be able to use Raptor and now with this new option it looks very good indeed and I will check it out

mnay thanks steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2013 19:45:38(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hello Steve,

The remote features (in English) are downloadable here http://www.raptor-forum....r_Raptor_Network_1_0.pdf

Now I'll probably stick to situation-I in that document because computers do not really interest me (although the iPad control would be nice for my nephew but that is something for him to set that up). Raptor already drives all my trains quite SF-like without all these blasted computers anyway. See my video at
(especially listen to the turnout switching sounds, I love that!)

As you can see, I've got time for my scenery now because I do not have to spend much time under the table any more plus that setting up the automatic I could have done in a single day (if I would have understood the simple basics earlier, in other words, I thought to much with a conventional mind...)

By the way, why do you want to have a Spur-I set build for you instead of building it yourself?

Raptor-Fan
Offline 1spur  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2013 20:11:57(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
BigGrin Hello Again Dear friend
Once again many thanks for the updated information re raptor,which I will pass on to the layout builder..hope I can use RAPTOR with UK SM32 model layout (16mm) ? it would be great.as you can see no more Spur 1 but am hoping to have UK 16mm layout built for me.afraid I am no builder,and due to ill health not possible to do many thaings so mst have it built for me.

all the best Steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2013 10:49:37(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hello Steve,

If digital decoders are available for the UK SM32 locomotive motors(answer can only be a Yes, really) then Raptor shall have no problem with it.

Do I understand that these SM32 model drive on 16mm (LGB) track?

Are you going to have a garden track build or an indoor track?

In what way do you still have abilities? Can you use both hands and/or all fingers? Or can you use your legs and/or feet? If you share that with me then I may think along how to best integrate Raptor control for your situation. (You can also ask the Raptor folk directly since the Raptor keyboard colours have been optimized for the colour-blinded, so they must have some positive attitude concerning disabilities.)

Raptor Fan
Offline 1spur  
#7 Posted : 15 May 2013 10:57:40(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Good Morning Raptor fan,

I look forward to hearing from you,and am so very grateful to you for your help & understanding,so please that Raptor will help me with 16mm layout
The layout will be a compact layout (Indoors) please see following link:- http://www.16mm.org.uk/newsite/default.html

I like the sound of adjusted for the colour blind,My eyesight is very poor but I usually can get around this.I have limited use of my hands but again i can usually manage

I will pass on all details to the guy who is buidling my layout so he can inccoperate raptor + PC extras e.t.c.

keep up the great information

Regards Steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#8 Posted : 15 May 2013 12:38:31(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

What is the brand(Piko or some other) of the 16mm rail type and turnouts what you are going to use?

Raptor Fan
Offline 1spur  
#9 Posted : 15 May 2013 13:02:50(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
hello Raptor fan
The track is not pico or LGB it is smaller to represent UK N.G . the trackwork is from the UK it is not 45mm.

Regards Steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#10 Posted : 15 May 2013 14:25:52(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

Do you have a weblink for me to see the UK N.G. rail pieces, etc?

Raptor Fan
Offline 1spur  
#11 Posted : 15 May 2013 14:31:18(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
hello
Please see following link to track page http://www.grsuk.com/index.asp?info/welcome.htm

all the best steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#12 Posted : 15 May 2013 17:11:38(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

Are you then going to use "Tenmille" track?

Raptor Fan
Offline 1spur  
#13 Posted : 15 May 2013 17:20:22(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
Hi There,
It may not be Tenmille track but it will be very similar depends what the layout builder prefers?

cheers Steve
Offline Raptor Fan  
#14 Posted : 16 May 2013 10:00:28(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

Well, it should depend on what YOU prefer. Because you are fully dependable of the quality of the rail and the turnouts. Meaning in your case, trains should derail at least as possible and turnouts should either always switch or needs to be fitted with an S88 input in order that Raptor may check the correct switching of the turnout FIRST and BEFORE the resulting train get a green signal by Raptor. (Which, by the way, is through Raptor module 008 which you may read about at download http://www.raptor-forum....tor_Module_CatalogUK.pdf )

Do you have experience with the rail brand you are going to use? Does your builder has experience with it? If not, then build a test oval with it FIRST including two turnouts and turnout drives and do this yourself as much as possible in order that you get the feeling what shall work for you and pass your new knowledge on to your builder.

Best regards,
Raptor Fan (who likes to drive for hours and hours continuously without ANY hampering whatsoever)
Offline 1spur  
#15 Posted : 16 May 2013 12:21:25(UTC)
1spur

Norway   
[img]null[/img]Hello raptor fan
Good to hear from you.BigGrin

No it does not depend on me? the guys building the layout are top modellers and they know the scale & gauge very well,better than I.they will know how to set up things including Raptor I think?Afraid I do not ahve the ability to start building things to test raptor fan..the guys doing the job are top notch modellers so i have few worries.

I can not see why there should be any problem using sm32 track (as you have seen) with raptor if it is properly wired e.t.c.
I am sure Mark @Raptor will put us right when i order the system?

the following is a provisional plan of layout just for your information..maybe you would like to comment further/

Regards SteveThumpUp

Originally Posted by: Raptor Fan Go to Quoted Post
Hi Steve,

Well, it should depend on what YOU prefer. Because you are fully dependable of the quality of the rail and the turnouts. Meaning in your case, trains should derail at least as possible and turnouts should either always switch or needs to be fitted with an S88 input in order that Raptor may check the correct switching of the turnout FIRST and BEFORE the resulting train get a green signal by Raptor. (Which, by the way, is through Raptor module 008 which you may read about at download http://www.raptor-forum....tor_Module_CatalogUK.pdf )

Do you have experience with the rail brand you are going to use? Does your builder has experience with it? If not, then build a test oval with it FIRST including two turnouts and turnout drives and do this yourself as much as possible in order that you get the feeling what shall work for you and pass your new knowledge on to your builder.

Best regards,
Raptor Fan (who likes to drive for hours and hours continuously without ANY hampering whatsoever)
1spur attached the following image(s):
SS1_1.jpg
Offline Raptor Fan  
#16 Posted : 16 May 2013 15:54:12(UTC)
Raptor Fan

Portugal   
Hi Steve,

Ok, if your builders have experience with the SM32 rail, and applying locomotive and turnout decoders for them, then all should work out fine.

I know that Mark sits at ASK@raptor-digital.eu answering a Raptor world of knowledge but the email address you say I do not know.

I see that the layout is based upon a lot of "shunting work", right? Then DO make sure that PLENTY of "decouplers" are built into the track NOW and/or locomotive are featured with "auto-(de)coupler" through a DCC decoder. With Raptor you are then able to set up a automatic shunting spectacle.

Ask your builders if they have knowledge of Raptor to know where S88 detection points should be made into your track. For a normal drive scenario including automatic braking two S88 points per block are sufficient but if you would like to have the automatic shunting option open then you want S88 detection points EVERYWHERE so that you can realise any (shunting)scenario which comes up into your mind!

Regards,
Raptor Fan