Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rinus  
#1 Posted : 20 January 2013 16:12:06(UTC)
Rinus

Hi all,

Finally got the LS Model Bcmz 50-70/59-70! Allthough not as astonishing as the LS Model T2s it was worth the waiting.

Compared to their superior T2s, this Bcmz is a little less detailed. It seems the painting is of a lesser level as well. The gutters above the doors for instance have very thin paint. Also the (springed) puffers are a bit out off allignment as is the rubber bulge at the end of the coach.. Not a great deal, but with their sublime T2s expectancies had rizen to high levels.

Mind to change the wheels as it comes with DC wheelsets! Since this job is a bit difficult, you'd better ask your supplier.

The Bcmz 50-70/59-70 allthough is a nice set. I'd say 8 out of 10 points.

Here are some pic's.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Regards,

Rinus
Offline Iamnotthecrazyone  
#2 Posted : 20 January 2013 21:31:27(UTC)
Iamnotthecrazyone

Australia   
Hi, They look quite impressive, this brand is realeasing very nicely detailed models. As you mentioned it is a shame that sometimes they compromise making them look a bit less perfect but still they are beautiful models. I want to get hold of some of their old fashion French wagons but I still haven't got around it. Too many trains, too little time and money!
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 20 January 2013 23:19:24(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Rinus,

I have the more recent liveries of this coach type. I am not quite sure what you mean by the quality difference between these coaches and the T2S. All of my LSM models are of similar quality and in cases where there has been a problem (eg LSM 47214/47231 where there was a misprint in the mold), LSM replaced them no charge.

I did notice that you have installed the couplers only to the first notch. The LSM coupling shafts have two positions, the second which will allow for complete close coupling operation.

My Bcmz coaches look amazing with the AB32 and ex-CNL sleepers (Memoba Sondermodell) and ACME MAV coaches in my Wiener Walzer consist. I also have some of the older ones with a RailTop AB30 (Type P) for my EN Zurichsee consist.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Rinus  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2013 08:39:03(UTC)
Rinus

Hi Mike,

What I meant to say is that I found the T2s of exceptional quality and the Bcmz of very good quality (that why I gave it 8 out of 10).

When I compare both, I notice that the T2s has even more details on the bogies and undercariage, has slightly more detailed end doors, has better painting (especially of the gutters above the side doors), and more detailed windows and interior.

Thanks for the tip about the coupler! I was allready wondering why it collided whit the puko's on the switches.

Regards,

Rinus
Offline Rinus  
#5 Posted : 21 January 2013 08:40:39(UTC)
Rinus

Originally Posted by: Iamnotthecrazyone Go to Quoted Post
Too many trains, too little time and money!

Sounds familiar!