Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline franciscohg  
#1 Posted : 04 January 2013 01:57:19(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, i have two old 3031, both working on digital with no troubles but the old style Telex are unable to uncouple newer style ones. So, i bought another BR81, a 36320.She works fine and very smooth, the casting of the body seems to be the same of the older ones, but it seems to me that she has a bit less of pulling power.Anyway, the question, since she have NEM pockets, two digital Telex are traveling to me right now. Today when i opened the loco, i found the decoder, a little one, no DIP switches, and some free solder pads on an edge. Anybody knows more about that decoder? These free pads, are for function outputs? so i can connect there my new telex. I have found a site (Svein's) where is said that there is an "unofficial" output used for interior lightning.
Thanks in advance
Francisco
franciscohg attached the following image(s):
IMAG0467.jpg
IMAG0468.jpg
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline franciscohg  
#2 Posted : 04 January 2013 02:05:04(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
I have found some information but many links point me to the sadly closed X.train site...
Also some sites from the netherlands.....i cant understand a thing.
It seems that is the same decoder of the 60760 kit.........but previous threads on the forum where it supossed to be pictures of it appears with no image at all, others point me also to x-train....
If so, it seems that functions kit can be bought for that decoder....
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2013 09:07:16(UTC)
H0

Hi, Francisco,

Those modern telex couplers normally require decoder outputs that reduce the output power after a moment to protect the couplers. Those simple decoders can't do that.
It's similar to the 60760 and may have an amplified output - or maybe just two unamplified outputs.

It's probably better to buy a new decoder (one that supports the coupler waltz) instead of adding amplifiers to the on-board functions of this El Cheapo™ decoder.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2013 09:15:46(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   

UserPostedImage

Yellow = Rear light
Grey = Front Light
White = F4 (Normally a Delta Function)
Orange = Electronic ground / Return from function EG: Lights
Green = Motor
Blue = Motor
Brown = Track Ground
Red = Pickup Shoe / Track power centre rail

I stand corrected on this but I think from memory that is what the different colour cables are for.
D.A.Banks
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2013 10:16:05(UTC)
H0

A similar decoder was recently discussed here:
https://www.marklin-user...p-Please.aspx#post379987

"White" probably is F3, not F4.
There is a transistor just above the white cable. If that is missing on the 105827, then F3 might not be amplified.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 04 January 2013 10:28:22(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The 60760 does not come with a white wire connected, so this picture obviously shows someone's modification.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 04 January 2013 16:46:39(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, Thanks for the answers
As Tom suggested i will buy a new decoder to support the telex function, but,
I have many 60760 around my little locs, perhaps it would be nice to use the F3 to add smoke or cabin or gear lights.
Following a ling to HGH site in the thread Tom mentioned i found a picture that shows pretty clear i think that the decoder is a 60760, it also has the wiring for use F3 and a smoke unit, i kind of understand the picture but a translation of the details would be very much appreciated, many thanks
franciscohg attached the following image(s):
deco.jpg
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 04 January 2013 16:57:05(UTC)
H0

The page on HGH's site says that F3 is ready to use, but undocumented in the manual. Cable colours are Märklin standard. Just follow the orange and the brown/yellow wires on the image.
http://www.web-hgh.de/pp...ng_pic-Dateien/frame.htm

For F1, extra resistor and transistor are required.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#9 Posted : 04 January 2013 21:22:43(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
ok, all is clear now, a lokpilot and some SMD will be inside the next packages.....BigGrin
Thanks
Offline waorb  
#10 Posted : 06 August 2013 20:54:47(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   
Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
ok, all is clear now, a lokpilot and some SMD will be inside the next packages.....BigGrin
Thanks

Hi Francisco!

Yesterday arrived a "new" old loco at my layout...

It's a BR 81 (29852), default decoder.

Did you progressed in your 'customization'?

I'm looking for tips to install a smoke generator on that loco...
(as it not originally available by Märklin)

Thank you!

Regards,

Walter

Edited by user 08 August 2013 18:40:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

waorb attached the following image(s):
29852_BR81.JPG
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 09 August 2013 19:32:34(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello Walter, yes the loco is now working fine with Telex at both ends, but in the end i have used a Lokpilot to do the work in order to properly configure the funtion outpouts to work with the Marklin Telex couplers
Regards