Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sampiero  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2012 11:26:07(UTC)
sampiero

I studied quite deeply the instructions given in the box but it is impossible, taking off the middle screw, open to open these coaches. The problem is that one of these coaches is full of oily finger prints which are visible when I light the train.
Thank you for your help !
Offline mbarreto  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2012 21:16:20(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

If I understand what you mean, you first need to open the coaches and you weren't successful until now. Probably you already tried this,
but in page 29 of the instructions book (http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/39540_betrieb.pdf), it is explained that there is the need to first remove the ends of the coaches (step 1 in the figure).

If you already removed the ends, then probably it is just a matter of try to pull it gently in different directions...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline sampiero  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2012 22:09:30(UTC)
sampiero

Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

If I understand what you mean, you first need to open the coaches and you weren't successful until now. Probably you already tried this,
but in page 29 of the instructions book (http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/39540_betrieb.pdf), it is explained that there is the need to first remove the ends of the coaches (step 1 in the figure).

If you already removed the ends, then probably it is just a matter of try to pull it gently in different directions...

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
I have been Successfull.
Unfortunatelly, the windows are not cristal clear but it is a within the molding. Impossible to remove the shadows, just the finger prints at least went out easily.
Thanks again and happy new year to all of you. Your topics are great and I learn a lot of things because of this website.
Offline mbarreto  
#4 Posted : 22 December 2012 22:20:39(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Thanks and happy new year for you too!
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 25 December 2012 02:55:18(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Philately (Stamp collecting) shops and some hobby shops sell special gloves which can be worn during work like this. They will protect the model from fingerprints during maintenance and manipulation. Washing you hands just before handling your models may also reduce the chances of leaving marks. If you have left marks, a microfibre cloth might be a good way to clean off the windows. If you use a cleaning solution, make sure that it is approved by the manufacturer of the model train not to remove paint or decals.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 25 December 2012 19:32:22(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Good point Mike!
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.