Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Caplin  
#1 Posted : 23 March 2005 20:30:32(UTC)
Caplin

<font face="Verdana]</font id="Verdana]
Hi,
I have downloaded WinTrack 6.1 demo version to test it's capabilities. What I would really like to know is - before spending a bundle on the full version - how it compares with Marklin's own Software (found on CD 60521 - which by the way seems impossible to buy i DK at present - my dealer simply cannot get it out of Marklin).
Is a demo version of Marklin SW available? I cannot find it.
Can anyone help?

Best rgds,
Benny

Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline Charlie  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2005 03:39:21(UTC)
Charlie

Hello Benny,

There is no demo software for Marklin. But the program is *very* similar, except it is all in German.

Charlie
Offline Caplin  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2005 13:10:59(UTC)
Caplin

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Charlie
<br />Hello Benny,

There is no demo software for Marklin. But the program is *very* similar, except it is all in German.

Charlie

Hello Charlie,

Thanks for the info.
Being a new member, the forum tends to be overwelming, but I'm getting the hang of it, and I already found a lot of answers without having to ask.
In another topic I found that you said that M* bought the sw at WinTrack (without the language options). Is that correctly understood? In this case I have no doubts about purchasing WinTrack 6.1 which includes M*'s C-track (which I use).

Happy holidays with upcoming Easter.

Benny
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline rschaffr  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2005 14:35:35(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Benny:

I am using Wintrack 5.0 and love it. It also includes C-track. I especially love the "connect two ends" feature which is very useful with C-track due to it's rigid geometry. It will tell you what pieces you need to make two ends come together properly. It will even give you choices if there are any.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Guus  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2005 20:31:50(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hi Benny,

Welcome to the forum Smile.I can only support Charlie's answer.I've got Märklin's software and can't see differences between Wintrack's program and M's version,apart from the language issue [:(].

Best Regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline HueyCE  
#6 Posted : 25 March 2005 03:12:14(UTC)
HueyCE

Welcome to the forum Benny. I have been using the demo version of WinTrack 6.1 and really like it. One of these days I will get to around to buying the full version, once I get over the price.

Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline john black  
#7 Posted : 25 April 2005 10:41:33(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Benny, welcome to The Forum Smile

John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline dikken  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2005 13:47:31(UTC)
dikken

I've been using Wintrack for 5 years, started with the 3.0 version up to 6.1 now. Very happy with it. A lot of files from personal sites (made with the 3D-editor) are available and adds something extra to the program.
Dikken

Check out my site:
http://www.modelspoorhobby.be
Offline stephenbb  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2005 16:59:09(UTC)
stephenbb

Benny! Welcome to the group.
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline gary  
#10 Posted : 26 April 2005 04:08:43(UTC)
gary

I've used Claris Draw, Right Track, WinRail 5, 6 and 7 and CadRail 7 and 8. I prefer WinRail because they keep their libraries updated, especially Marklin's and other European manufacturers'.

WinRail was the parent of Atlas' "Right Track" track planning software. Perhaps it's the parent of Marklin's too.

I think WinRail 7 is well worth the price ($107 US including complier) if you use libraries (like I do). CadRail is great for a more CAD-like experience. It's actually a CAD program in it's own right.

I think the old Claris Draw was the best drawing program for track planning. Along the lines of drawing programs, a friend used the drawing tools in MS Powerpoint to design his 28' x 42' layout!
Gary