Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline elsleuth  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2005 21:33:09(UTC)
elsleuth

Hi, my v200 is sluggish for the first 20 minutes of running. After warming up it works fine. I've tried oil, do I need to go further like take it apart. Elsleuth
Offline john black  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2005 22:01:05(UTC)
john black

United States   
Is she analog ? My analog F7's do the same (with everything well-serviced & cleaned up) ... [B)]

John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline Sander van Wijk  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2005 22:13:05(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
It would be convenient to know more about which v200 you mean...
Did you start running it since a long time ago?
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline elsleuth  
#4 Posted : 18 March 2005 02:13:46(UTC)
elsleuth

Hi, I run five trains automatically with old m signals. When they begin their rounds the V200 slowly moves out at a snails pace and creeps along for a few minutes until it warms up and comes up to speed. Once warm (ten to twenty minutes or so) it works great, starts out at the appropriate speed, maintains speed. It has a decoder Pd101 which works fine. It seems that the motor doesn't turn well until it warms up, at which time there is no problem. I'm thinking of taking out the stuffing where you oil the motor and putting in the oil more directly in case the ports are stopped up or that failing, taking the motor apart and having a look. Any ideas would be appreciated. Kent in CA
Offline Chris Vella  
#5 Posted : 18 March 2005 08:42:39(UTC)
Chris Vella

Does the V200 run on a table layout or is it a carpet layout? If it is a carpet layout you might want to check the axles and gears for fluff. In any case check the decoder if it is running hotter then usual if it is hotter then there is something wrong.

Hope this helps
Chris
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 18 March 2005 13:26:25(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Are you using the right oil?

I had a similar problem with one of my locos when I oiled it with household (3-in 1) oil. In the end I took it apart, cleaned all the oil off and re-applied Marklin oil. It then worked OK.

I do not recommend removing the stuffing from the oiling ports. If you get too much oil on your commutator you will get huge problems.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline verheyen  
#7 Posted : 18 March 2005 16:32:49(UTC)
verheyen

I have similar regular issues with my delta BR143 and Schienenzeppelin, and occasionally with my delta V200. Don't have model numbers handy and run analog. In analog, the only thing I can speak to, there is a definite drop in speed/power if I have two engines running off the same transformer, whether or not their in the same block. Makes sense actually, twice the power drain...

p.
Offline Davy  
#8 Posted : 18 March 2005 23:41:34(UTC)
Davy

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by elsleuth
<br />Hi, my v200 is sluggish for the first 20 minutes of running. After warming up it works fine. I've tried oil, do I need to go further like take it apart. Elsleuth

Cleaning and new carboon brushes can help to solve this problem. Using to much oil will make this problem worse and it will be spread all over your track.
M-track with a CS2.
Offline hmsfix  
#9 Posted : 19 March 2005 00:34:23(UTC)
hmsfix

Hi Kent

It seems that the motor doesn't turn well until it warms up,

/quote

Looks as if the v200 has one of the following two problems:

1. There is oils on the collector of the motor. When the lok is running, the oil gets very hot by the arcs and forms a non-conductive layer on the collector. Simple solution: remove the oil from the collector and the inside part of motor shield.

2. There is too much (and too old) oil on the gearwheels. If there is too much oil, the lok acts as a vacuum cleaner and gathers all dirts and dust in its gear. Perhaps there is also fluff or hairs between the gearwheels.

I agree with Ray that the stuffing in the moter block and the shield should not be removed. Otherwise the oil will spread from the bearings to everywhere else in the motor and to the rails.

BTW, does the motor of your v200 gets hot when you run it for 20 minutes or so ? This may indicate that there is indeed a collector problem.

Hope this will help

Hans Martin