Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline acwertheim  
#1 Posted : 10 August 2012 23:36:53(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi,
I have some Marklin locs that I want to add sound to.
Does Marklin (or ESU) have any sound decoders where I can set 4 different sounds accessible by the function buttons F1 tru F4
The reason for this is because I use a wireless controller with only F1-F4 to control my locs.
Thanks
Abe
acwertheim
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 11 August 2012 07:48:51(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Abe,

This depends of what type of decoder the loco has installed or you are intnending to install.
with mfx loco decoders you can't change the function selection, with ESU decoders you can.
I can't tell which CV's you have to change because my programming is all done via a lokprogrammer.

With a lokprogrammer, you can use for instance:

Electric locos: sound on = F0
F1 - F4 = sound slots

Steam locos = sound on = F0
F1 = steam generator
F2 = whistle
F3 = ?
F4 = ?

you maximum capacity with your wireless controller can be 6 sound slots and this includes the start on: short whistle or short airhorn, F0 = sound on, F1-F4 = other sound slots.

regards.,

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 11 August 2012 09:49:26(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
with mfx loco decoders you can't change the function selection, with ESU decoders you can.
mfx sound decoders (ESU or Märklin) allow the re-assignment of function keys. Therefore it's possible to shift the functions to the keys you want. This can be done using any Central Station.
For msd (Märklin Sound Decoders sold separately), the function mapping can also be changed using a DCC controller.
If you don't want to use the smoke generator, assign a sound slot to F1.
You can assign smoke generator, operating sounds, and other infrequently used functions to F5 through F8 (if you use MM protocol, you can switch those from your wireless controller using a secondary address (secondary address not supported when using DCC)).

You may not be able to make these changes with your wireless controller. Which wireless controller do you have? Does it support mfx? Does it support DCC?

Two addresses and function mapping are supported by all ESU sound decoders (with or without mfx) since version 3 and with all Märklin mfx sound decoders (new msd type and old types with locked projects).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline acwertheim  
#4 Posted : 12 August 2012 13:39:59(UTC)
acwertheim

United States   
Hi,
Thank you guys. I will be buying an ESU decoder.
Abe
acwertheim