Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 20-VOLT-AC  
#1 Posted : 13 July 2012 20:07:43(UTC)
20-VOLT-AC

United Kingdom   
Hello Guy's.
Can anyone supply a wiring diagram picture for a HS 800 that i am putting back together please ?

Regards Neil.
1950's Marklin Fan .
Offline CCS800KrokHunter3  
#2 Posted : 14 July 2012 04:46:38(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Originally Posted by: 20-VOLT-AC Go to Quoted Post
Hello Guy's.
Can anyone supply a wiring diagram picture for a HS 800 that i am putting back together please ?

Regards Neil.

Hi Neil,

I could draw up a diagram but that might end up being more confusing...!

The wiring for the 800-series locos is basically all the same. Is there a certain area you need help with?

Here are the basics:

1) The lamp, pickup-shoe, overhead pantographs (via a tab), the two sockets for car lights, and the reverse unit electromagnet are all wired into the motor brush terminal on the left
2) All other components get their "other half" (either the + or the -) by being hooked up to the frame which gets its + or - through the wheels that touch the rails, etc... The only wire coming from the right side is a wire which goes to the motor field magnet which changes the direction of the motor via two wires which go to the reverse unit (only one wire is "powered" at a time). Make sure the small cotter pin in the reverse unit also has the a wire that goes to the reverse unit for the magnetic coil (the other (second) wire comes from the left side terminal).

Remember there is also a switch to go between pick-up shoe or overhead current -- this operate just like any ordinary switch...all wired for the "left" side terminal.

Photo to illustrate of an RS (very similar):

RS

Paul
Offline 20-VOLT-AC  
#3 Posted : 14 July 2012 08:36:30(UTC)
20-VOLT-AC

United Kingdom   
Hello Paul.
Thanks that really helps me with the re-wiring, does anyone have a replacement switch for the OVERHEAD / PICKUP SPOONS with locates on the side of the chassis, it is made of bakelite with a sliding switch on it and rivets onto the chassis.
Thanks Neil.

20-VOLT-AC attached the following image(s):
284.036_mittel.jpg
1950's Marklin Fan .
#4 Posted : 14 July 2012 15:37:31(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Originally Posted by: 20-VOLT-AC Go to Quoted Post
Hello Paul.
Thanks that really helps me with the re-wiring, does anyone have a replacement switch for the OVERHEAD / PICKUP SPOONS with locates on the side of the chassis, it is made of bakelite with a sliding switch on it and rivets onto the chassis.
Thanks Neil.

Hi Neil,

Yes I have a replacement. I'm not sure exactly the best way to attach it to the frame with rivets, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Paul

Offline Guus  
#5 Posted : 14 July 2012 15:47:11(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hello Neil,

Some time ago I found a website of a Spanish Märklin enthusiasts club publishing various old handbooks and general information on Märklin.

One of the publications is a Märklin book "Miniature Railway HO" on HO train operation written in English.

On page 80 you will find the basic electric diagram of an electric locomotive like yours.

Please beware it is a large PDF file, which you may find here:LCTM
Kind regards,
Guus
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Guus
#6 Posted : 14 July 2012 15:53:23(UTC)
CCS800KrokHunter3

United States   
Originally Posted by: Guus Go to Quoted Post
Hello Neil,

Some time ago I found a website of a Spanish Märklin enthusiasts club publishing various old handbooks and general information on Märklin.

One of the publications is a Märklin book "Miniature Railway HO" on HO train operation written in English.

On page 80 you will find the basic electric diagram of an electric locomotive like yours.

Please beware it is a large PDF file, which you may find here:LCTM

Those are good references, Gus. Also starting on page 35 "Miniatur-Eisenbahn Spur 00" there is some wiring information (but it's all in German).

Paul

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by CCS800KrokHunter3