Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 22 June 2012 19:25:32(UTC)
H0

Hi, everybody,

I have the train set 26577 (a V 36 with some red Donnerbüchsen (thunder boxes) and a control car).
The two lower lights of the control car were not as bright as the upper light - and all three flickered a lot. The red rear lights of the control car were also rather dim and also flickered a lot.

Today I solved both issues following instructions found on Stummi's Forum (link below).

First issue: the light guide (optical conductor? fibre optics?) was mounted upside down. The extension that should point to the LEDs was showing away from the LED.

Second issue: both axles have wheel sliders for ground contact. To me it looked as if these sliders had no contact at all. As shown on Stummi's Forum I added to wires to connect the wheel sliders with the the PCB. The flickering is gone, the capacitor on the PCB now buffers power for the lights for a few deciseconds.
Without the wires the capacitor seemed to have no effect.

Link to Stummi's Forum (see post from "Sa 25. Feb 2012, 11:01"):
http://stummiforum.de/vi...pic.php?p=772091#p772091
The first picture shows the added wires (I used white wires, but orange wires should also work).
The second picture shows the correct position of the light guide.
On the pictures you also see the noses that hold the body on the frame. I turned the car upside down, spread the body with the thumbnails and lifted the buffers with the forefinger to open one end, then the same for the other end.
Probably would have been more clever to do it with the car the right way up to keep the parts in the correct position though (spreading with the forefinger nails and pushing the buffers with the thumbs).

I don't know if all sets have these issues.

New Märklin as we know it: good design, bad montage, and where are the quality checks we always see on Märklin TV?
Well, the sun always shines on TV ...

Easy to fix. But you do it on your own risk.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline pa-pauls  
#2 Posted : 23 June 2012 00:04:51(UTC)
pa-pauls

Thank's Tom,

I will check my set tomorrow,,,
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3