Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2012 08:38:10(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

Does anyone know if its possible to convert a Micro Metakit Loco for marklin running?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2012 15:52:46(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: I_love_Marklin_37538 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know if its possible to convert a Micro Metakit Loco for marklin running?
After watching the video (thanks for sharing) I know that it can be done. I don't know how it can be done.

I found no information about the minimum radius of the loco.
One source said you should expect 600 mm (maybe even 800 mm) as minimum radius for large locos from Micro-Metakit.
Adding the slider will be a simple job, but you need an appropriate layout - or file away what prevents the loco from running on small radii.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kbvrod  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2012 20:23:59(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
Have you asked the poster of that video?

Dr D
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:05:09(UTC)
Webmaster

Some years ago, I actually asked Micro-Metakit about converting & running their locos on Märkln layouts...

The answer I got was basically "We don't care about toy trains"... So since then, Micro-Metakit are out of the question for me, even as display models, since their attitude pissed me off...

As a contrast, another manufacturer in the same league (Brimalm) has started to make models that are Märklin compatible...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline kbvrod  
#5 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:29:57(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hello Master,all,

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Some years ago, I actually asked Micro-Metakit about converting & running their locos on Märkln layouts...

The answer I got was basically "We don't care about toy trains"... So since then, Micro-Metakit are out of the question for me, even as display models, since their attitude pissed me off...

Blink

I have actually 'restored' a MMK(BR05) to factory finish after a horrible -weathering- job.I did test it on DC and it ran and sounded(no sound decoder) like crap,despite the Faulhaber motors.I also tried to take it apart,no go.It would be easier to break into the tower of London for the crown jewels!Laugh Then a week ago during a layout tour we ran a few other models,at $1,500 to 2,500,not worth it,....

Dr D
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#6 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:39:25(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post

As a contrast, another manufacturer in the same league (Brimalm) has started to make models that are Märklin compatible...

Master if I was to buy Brimalm's Saxon XXHV or XVIIIH,how much would they cost in terms of New Zealand Dollar?
Offline Webmaster  
#7 Posted : 13 May 2012 21:49:50(UTC)
Webmaster

You better ask them directly, they are nice guys... But those models are "Micro-metakit" standard, only 2R & RP25 wheels and need a very wide radius...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline GSRR  
#8 Posted : 13 May 2012 22:20:29(UTC)
GSRR

United States   
Look carefully at the video, starting at the 1:00 mark. I cannot make out a slider on the lok itself. However there is one on the baggage car following the tender, and what appears to me as a current conducting coupler?

Same thing John has done with some of his tender driven DC loks?

So the only question is how were the wheel sets done?

r/Thomas

ETE UserPostedImage ECoS iTrain TouchCab C-Gleis German Era Id & IIIb USA Era IIIb SBB Era III SJ Era IV GC Era V