Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 04 April 2012 21:28:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
https://www.marklin-users.net/up.../mike c/bleu DMS SBB.jpg

LS Models has released photos of the final prototype of the new model of the SBB Dms baggage coach (UIC-X). The baggage coach will come in two sets, one with two Bm coaches with the classic SBB+CFF livery and the other with two coaches in the later <+> SBB CFF FFS livery of the 1980s.
The coaches were used in international traffic to France, Italy, Belgium and Germany and will be at home on any layout.

See: www.lsmodels.com

All coaches 1/87 (303mm) with NEM coupling shafts and sockets. Compatible with Roco, ACME and other exact scale models.

Regards

Mike C
Offline tiono  
#2 Posted : 05 April 2012 08:11:21(UTC)
tiono

United States   
Mike,
How is your opinion in regards of the plastic quality from LS Models ?
I'm thinking of purchasing some of LS Models coaches because of its apparently superb details, but since I'm unfamiliar with the brand, therefore need more opinion from others. I remember sometime ago, that LS Models outsourced their production to Modern Gala in China ( http://www.moderngala.com/html/english/train01.htm ), and I still believe that Chinese manufacturers quality control is still not as consistent as european manufacturers.
Apart from the QC issue, I would like to know the plastic quality. I have some Fleischmann coaches which became brittle after several years, and easily crack when I disassembled it to put interior lighting. My Marklin and Roco coaches do not exhibit the same problem so far.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 05 April 2012 10:56:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have quite a few RailTop, ACME and LSM coaches, all made by Modern Gala in China. Compared to the earlier Heris and Sachsenmodelle productions, the newest (post 2009) LS Models productions are probably the best quality models that I have in my collection. The attention to detail is second to none and the models are equal or better than anything coming out of Europe today.
I would be more cautious with locomotives than with coaches, as they are less familiar with 3 rail AC design and requirements. The coaches can be used on AC or DC although attention must be paid to the coach length if using M Track or narrow radii.
I have not seen any problems with LSM plastic, on newer or older models dating back as far as 2004.
I encourage you to check it out. I am sure you will be pleased.

Regards

Mike C