Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ziggypig321  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2012 02:34:09(UTC)
ziggypig321

I have a marklin blue-box switch box with 8 buttons--4 green, 4 red. There are pairs of ports in the back, and a lead that goes through the left side and comes out the right side (female/male tube connectors -traditional marklin connections).

I have M track turnouts with two blue wires and I think one yellow wire on them each. I also want to hook up a automated uncoupling track, which i think has one blue and one yellow wire.

My trafo is a oldie with 3 output leads. the holes i think are colored red,yellow and green (not quite sure). its a old metal-case trafo painted in a rich blue color and was made for the american market long ago with 110 volt stamped on the plaque in front.

currently i have (looking directly at the output holes) the two left leads connected to my M track for power. The third (far right) lead is not hooked up right now.

how do i hook up with switch box (it comes with no info) ? the colors on the box (green and red) don't match the turnout wires?

HELP! i want this to work so i can have fun!

cheers,

tom m.

Offline witzlerh  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2012 03:19:47(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
This is a quick desc.
On the turnout, there are 2 blue and one yellow. The yellow goes to the power (+) or taken from the center rail.
The blue wires run to the turnout box. The blue wires go to either the red or yellow plug in. If you do not like the direction of your switch when the button is pushed, swap the blue wires.
The box should have a plug at the side and that runs to ground (brown).
Esentially, the switch is live and you only turn on the ground path.

I hope that you have the proper box for switching switches. There are about 2-4 different kinds if I remember and not all work with the switches.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline Harvey  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2012 03:36:49(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Tom,

The blue box you have should have a number on the bottom - 7072. As Harald described, connect the yellow wire to the transformer ( yellow post is likely recommended). Connect a brown wire from the transformer (brown post) to the left side or right side of the 7072. You'll need to experiment if green and red plugs are not on the two blue wires. Assemble one wire to the 7072 and touch the other end to the yellow post. I believe green is straight and red is turn out. Let others comment on this as I have switched to digital and haven't used the 7072 for a while.

Regards,

Harvey