Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline craigericks  
#1 Posted : 13 March 2012 02:25:34(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hello,
My 7286 turntalble was working fine with the 7687 digital controller. Now, I must reset the controller everytime I use it, and only the clockwise and counterclockwise one step at a time features work. After I hit the end programming button, the turntable will only click. When I reset it, the one step at a time buttons work only. The turntable is getting plenty of power. Is there anyway to check or reset the digital controller? Any help appreciated from someone who might have had this problem
Craig
Marklin:CS2 and TrainController Gold v10
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 13 March 2012 09:17:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I couldn't even get my 7687 working. Ended up using a K84 instead.

I don't think they're the world's most reliable piece of electronic kit.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline kbvrod  
#3 Posted : 14 March 2012 18:39:00(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,

I am asking this for a friend. It seems that during a holiday open house,one of the young operators let the TT run and run and run,...Huh

The coil is burned out,showing no impedance.And it seems there are no spares to gotten,unless someone know of a shop that might have one?Confused

Has anyone re-wired one of these,is it difficult?

Thanks for any help, Dr D
Offline Ross  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2012 23:15:01(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Kevin,

Which coil is burnt out, motor coil or index coil to switch on the motor?

You should be able to get a replacement motor or entire assembly from Marklin as a spare part.

Are you able to test the 7687 decoder on another Marklin turntable?

I'm a heavy turntable user and I'm on to my 4th motor.

Originally Posted by: kbvrod Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I am asking this for a friend. It seems that during a holiday open house,one of the young operators let the TT run and run and run,...Huh

The coil is burned out,showing no impedance.And it seems there are no spares to gotten,unless someone know of a shop that might have one?Confused

Has anyone re-wired one of these,is it difficult?

Thanks for any help, Dr D

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross
Offline craigericks  
#5 Posted : 15 March 2012 01:16:56(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hello Ross,
Reference the 7687 decoder problem. I am not able to test it with another turntable. You may not remember, but I corresponded with you on the RR and Co forum reference my original turntable problems. Got a new turntable and it was working fine. Had wired up and isolated all of the spoke tracks according to your directions on your website and was getting set to get RR and co Silver edition programmed to work, when all of a sudden had to reset the decoder everytime to get it to work. Decoder makes the turntable work when I hit the input button and can move the bridge clockwise and counterclockwise one step at a time. However, after I push the end button, any other button I push only causes the turntable to click. Therefore, I believe the turntable is working correctly, but the decoder is not sending the correct commands to it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Craig
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 15 March 2012 02:21:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
If the decoder breaks, all you can do is either get it replaced or buy a new one.

If you have a spare K84, it is possible to run the turntable using a k84, that will at least tell you whether the turntable is functioning correctly (or just try it with it's analog controller).

There are 2 methods that I know of for using a K84, one that came with the help web pages off the CS2 (I made a pdf of them and posted them to a thread a month or so ago), which I could not get working. The other method is documented on Dale Schultz's website, which works fine.

I've attached a copy of the pdf file I refer to.

Edited by user 15 March 2012 06:22:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
Offline Ross  
#7 Posted : 15 March 2012 04:20:33(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Craig,

What control equipment are you using ECoS, CS2, IB or 6021?

Using silver TrainController is more difficult to control your turntable than using the gold version. Are you using TrainController to programme your turntable?

When you hit the Prog button before the five second limit do you get an audiable sound?

If you get the sound wait until it ends before hitting the End button. Now try to control the turntable, what happens?

If you look at the underside of the bridge when removed from the base is the drive gear locked at one of the 90 degree positioned indents on the gear wheel?
With the bridge gear pointing up you should see a gear lock indent at 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00. The one at 6:00 should be locked by the lever that is controlled by the electro magnet which pulls the lever back. If it is in the correct position the motor contacts on the right side of the motor assembly should have a small gap between the contacts, is this true?

Originally Posted by: craigericks Go to Quoted Post
Hello Ross,
Reference the 7687 decoder problem. I am not able to test it with another turntable. You may not remember, but I corresponded with you on the RR and Co forum reference my original turntable problems. Got a new turntable and it was working fine. Had wired up and isolated all of the spoke tracks according to your directions on your website and was getting set to get RR and co Silver edition programmed to work, when all of a sudden had to reset the decoder everytime to get it to work. Decoder makes the turntable work when I hit the input button and can move the bridge clockwise and counterclockwise one step at a time. However, after I push the end button, any other button I push only causes the turntable to click. Therefore, I believe the turntable is working correctly, but the decoder is not sending the correct commands to it. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Craig
Ross
Offline Ross  
#8 Posted : 15 March 2012 04:27:46(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi David,

It would seem we have a thread within a thread. On my web pages see http://members.ozemail.c...table_analog_control.pdf or
http://members.ozemail.c...n_Auto-Manual_Wiring.jpg

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
If the decoder breaks, all you can do is either get it replaced or buy a new one.

If you have a spare K84, it is possible to run the turntable using a k84, that will at least tell you whether the turntable is functioning correctly.

There are 2 methods that I know of for using a K84, one that came with the help web pages off the CS2 (I made a pdf of them and posted them to a thread a month or so ago), which I could not get working. The other method is documented on Dale Schultz's website, which works fine.

I've attached a copy of the pdf file I refer to.

Ross
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#9 Posted : 15 March 2012 06:22:36(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Way too complicated for me, Ross!
Offline FrankF  
#10 Posted : 15 March 2012 08:17:33(UTC)
FrankF

Denmark   
For those of you which have problems with the Marklin 7687 TT-Decoder, have a look on this TT-Decoder from the Company Littfinski Daten Technic.

Link : http://www.ldt-infocenter.com/english/ttdec_e.htm

CS3+ 60216 ( SW:2.5.2 ) - MASTER / CS2 60215 ( SW:4.3.0 ) - SLAVE
MS2 60653/57 ( SW:4.13 ) / MS1 60652 ( SW:1.8AP ) / 60883 S88 LINK ( SW:1.1 )
MDT 3 (SW 3.6.0) - HW: 60970 / 60971 / 60801
ESU LOKPROGRAMMER ( SW 5.2.6 ) / ESU HW: 53451 / 53900 / 53901
Offline kbvrod  
#11 Posted : 15 March 2012 13:11:48(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Ross,all,

Originally Posted by: Ross Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kevin,

Which coil is burnt out, motor coil or index coil to switch on the motor?

You should be able to get a replacement motor or entire assembly from Marklin as a spare part.

Are you able to test the 7687 decoder on another Marklin turntable?

I'm a heavy turntable user and I'm on to my 4th motor.

From my friend:

Quote:
The electromagnet windings on my 7286 turntable motor are fried. I believe little urchins played with my turntable over the Christmas holidays and left it on while I was busy drinking schnapps elsewhere in my house. I have contacted Fleischmann to get a new 05060521 Antrieb kpl, or motor assembly, but they are not, unfortunately, producing any at the moment.

I do not mean the windings of the drive motor; I mean the windings of the spool that act as the electromagnet to pull the motor assembly back and disengage the bridge. If I cannot get a new assembly from Fleischmann, I'd like to know if anyone has ever removed the spool from the assembly. If I can it out without doing damage, I can take it to shop and have it rewound, or try to rewind it myself (maybe not :-). Other than getting a new one, my only other option is to buy a new turntable, and I can't see the logic in that.

Thanks,Dr D
Offline kbvrod  
#12 Posted : 15 March 2012 17:17:26(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Ross,all,

Quote:

Do you know the part number?

Thanks,Dr D

Offline craigericks  
#13 Posted : 15 March 2012 22:51:00(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hi Craig,

I am using an IB

Using silver TrainController is more difficult to control your turntable than using the gold version. Are you using TrainController to programme your turntable?

No, I am using the IB. I have made the corresponding tt window in traincontroller. The tt used to match it perfectly.

When you hit the Prog button before the five second limit do you get an audiable sound? I dont get an immediate beep. The tt moves to what it thinks is spoke one and then beeps.

If you get the sound wait until it ends before hitting the End button. Now try to control the turntable, what happens?

After I hit end, the tt only clicks when I try any of the buttons. If I do not hit end the cw and ccw buttons will work.
The tt will act as if I am programming it by moving the bridge using the cw button and then hitting input at the appropriate spoke tracks. Once I hit end, the tt no longer functions. It only clicks. If I never hit the end button, the cw and ccw buttons work until the tt is turned off. Once that happens, I must reset the tt using the input button to make it work with the cw and ccw buttons.

If you look at the underside of the bridge when removed from the base is the drive gear locked at one of the 90 degree positioned indents on the gear wheel? Yes

With the bridge gear pointing up you should see a gear lock indent at 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00. The one at 6:00 should be locked by the lever that is controlled by the electro magnet which pulls the lever back. If it is in the correct position the motor contacts on the right side of the motor assembly should have a small gap between the contacts, is this true? Yes

Hello Ross,
Regards,
Craig

Offline Ross  
#14 Posted : 16 March 2012 05:53:21(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Kevin,

If you send an email to service@maerklin.de

You will be able to get the part numbers you seek.

I use Fleischmann parts
506052 complete assembly
5061521 motor only

If you get the Fleischmann assembly you will have to use the original Maerklin contact plate because there are diodes attached which are required for the decoder. You should be very carefull that you get the wiring correct.

Hi Ross,all,

Quote:

Do you know the part number?

Thanks,Dr D

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross
Offline Ross  
#15 Posted : 16 March 2012 06:34:10(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Craig,

From what you describe we can say your motor is ok. When you mentioned the clicking sound but no turntable rotation it sounds to me that your turntable needs to be reprogrammed, make sure you use "Clear" for position 1 (home position) then index using the step button to the new position, then hit "prog" repeat this process in a clockwise direction until you have done all tracks, then click the "End" button.

Also the magnet that activates the motor locking arm may need some adjustment. Ensure that the motor locking arm is free moving, lubricate with a dry lubricant to allow smooth sliding back and forth. When the motor locking arm is pulled back the little actuator should sit flat on the top of the magnet, if it dosen't make an adjustment by carefully bending the actuator. Make sure that the motor switch contacts are closed and both faces of the contacts are even. Clean the contact with 1200 grit if there are black burn marks on the contacts. The motor contact switch should have a small gap when the motor locking arm is released.

Without seeing your turntable it is hard to recommend many things to do so I hope that you have some luck with the things I have suggested.

Hi Craig,

I am using an IB

No, I am using the IB. You will need a 6040 switchboard with address 15 connected to the IB to programme it, is this true? I have made the corresponding tt window in traincontroller. The tt used to match it perfectly. If you don't have the 6040 switchboard you will have to set up buttons in the Traincontroller window as I have suggested in my article

When you hit the Prog button before the five second limit do you get an audiable sound? I dont get an immediate beep. The tt moves to what it thinks is spoke one and then beeps. sounds normal

After I hit end, the tt only clicks when I try any of the buttons. If I do not hit end the cw and ccw buttons will work.
The tt will act as if I am programming it by moving the bridge using the cw button and then hitting input at the appropriate spoke tracks. Once I hit end, the tt no longer functions. It only clicks. If I never hit the end button, the cw and ccw buttons work until the tt is turned off. Once that happens, I must reset the tt using the input button to make it work with the cw and ccw buttons.

If you look at the underside of the bridge when removed from the base is the drive gear locked at one of the 90 degree positioned indents on the gear wheel? Yes

With the bridge gear pointing up you should see a gear lock indent at 9:00, 12:00 and 3:00. The one at 6:00 should be locked by the lever that is controlled by the electro magnet which pulls the lever back. If it is in the correct position the motor contacts on the right side of the motor assembly should have a small gap between the contacts, is this true? Yes

Ross
Offline craigericks  
#16 Posted : 16 March 2012 22:24:47(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
Hi Craig,

From what you describe we can say your motor is ok. When you mentioned the clicking sound but no turntable rotation it sounds to me that your turntable needs to be reprogrammed, make sure you use "Clear" for position 1 (home position) then index using the step button to the new position, then hit "prog" repeat this process in a clockwise direction until you have done all tracks, then click the "End" button.

Ross, the tt does work fine. In the past, I set the IB keyboard address 225 and use the corressponding buttons from there to program the tt in the past. it Worked great. The tt responded to both the IB and tc. Now the only time the tt responds is when I turn my IB off, then on, and hit input within 5 seconds. Only the cw and ccw commands work. If i hit end or clear tt quits responding. I can go through the entire programming sequence, but the decoder does not seem to recognize the end command anymore except to make the tt click. Seems that the command to make the drive wheel turn no longer works. Do you think it might be the decoder itself?

Also the magnet that activates the motor locking arm may need some adjustment. Ensure that the motor locking arm is free moving, lubricate with a dry lubricant to allow smooth sliding back and forth. When the motor locking arm is pulled back the little actuator should sit flat on the top of the magnet, if it dosen't make an adjustment by carefully bending the actuator. Make sure that the motor switch contacts are closed and both faces of the contacts are even. Clean the contact with 1200 grit if there are black burn marks on the contacts. The motor contact switch should have a small gap when the motor locking arm is released.

I will test this out.

Without seeing your turntable it is hard to recommend many things to do so I hope that you have some luck with the things I have suggested. Appreciate you help.

Hi Craig,

I am using an IB

No, I am using the IB. You will need a 6040 switchboard with address 15 connected to the IB to programme it, is this true? I have made the corresponding tt window in traincontroller. The tt used to match it perfectly. If you don't have the 6040 switchboard you will have to set up buttons in the Traincontroller window as I have suggested in my article

When you hit the Prog button before the five second limit do you get an audiable sound? I dont get an immediate beep. The tt moves to what it thinks is spoke one and then beeps. sounds normal

Offline craigericks  
#17 Posted : 18 March 2012 14:04:07(UTC)
craigericks

United States   
To ensure the 7687 digital controller was the problem, I disconnected it and connected the turntable's controller. The tt works flawlessly in both directions in both step by step and continuous mode. Now, I know I must replace the 7687. I wish to thank you all for your help and suggestions.
Craig
Offline kbvrod  
#18 Posted : 18 March 2012 16:27:22(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi Ross,all,
Thanks for the info,it has been pasted on,....
Regarding the TT decoder,I had 3(!) fail on me,once bitten,trice shy?LOL
Manuel control,at least for me was way more fun!BigGrin

Dr D