Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline obb_taurus  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2012 19:18:59(UTC)
obb_taurus

Hi,

After a long hiatus from my trains, a few months ago I finally started to build a new layout. Yesterday I started to work on wiring and I hooked up my turntable as well but ran into a problem, since I have an Ecos I had no idea how to wire it up, after snooping around on the internet I found in the manual of the new units there was info on how things should be wired. I elected to use a separate transformer to power my turntable and also included a cut-off switch as suggested in the manual to make things easier to get into programming mode due to the 5 sec bit.

It seemed like all was going well except I had some difficulty getting into programming mode the first time, after a while I though there must be a problem at the decoder so I disconnected and reconnected everything and was able to get into programming mode. I proceeded to program all the spoke positions into my Ecos and when I finished and ended my programming session to text things, I found that I messed things up a bit.

I tried to go back into programming mode and no matter what I try, I can't get into programming mode. I've tried various different things like unplugging my transformer powering the turntable and then plugging it back in which did not help. I tried disconnecting the decoder as I did when I was able to get it to work the first time as well which did not work either. I also changed the wiring and removed the external transformer and powered it from my Ecos and I was not able to get into programming mode that way either so I'm really at a loss.

The strange thing about all of this is that I'm able to operate the turntable from my Ecos but it just won't go into programming mode although I should mention in normal operation none of the buttons (End, 180 degree turn, single step or direction change) work, all I can do is enter a position number and press the enter button and it moves to that spoke.

My Ecos is the 50001 model and it has the most recent firmware so at this point I have no idea if the problem is the decoder from my turntable (which BTW is a M7687) or if there is a problem with my Ecos.

I don't know if it's possible or not but I've been thinking about reapplying the various firmware’s to my Ecos in case there was a problem the first time around.

I'm really at a loss and haven't got a clue what to do from here and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Mike