Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2004 01:56:21(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hia all,

Back again after some busy months, switching to a new job and in parallel renovating the kitchen...

[}:)]

Started again with winning an eBay.de auction, a combined 3071/4071 SBB TEE set. I plan to convert it using the 60904 set, however I already have a 7 teeth commutator and motor cover. (I,e, I only need the 210882 permanent magnet.) Would this work for the 3071, or is the 8 teeth commutator required?

confused

Can't wait to play again...!

Cool Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline rugauger  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2004 03:48:46(UTC)
rugauger

United Kingdom   
Hi Peter, and welcome back!

Looking at the spare parts lists, the 3071 uses the same rotor as the 3022 which has 8 teeth.
Richard
Offline Thanos  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2004 12:33:22(UTC)
Thanos

Question answered but it's good to have you back Peter!Smile
Thanos

Offline hqstu  
#4 Posted : 14 December 2004 14:21:47(UTC)
hqstu

New Zealand   
Good to see you back Peter,
The 3071 has two pickup shoes with the forward direction supplying power all the time. I think some changeover relay is required for this purpose. The decoders on the likes of the 37783 ICE 3 incorporates this. You may have to think of a solution for this, unless you decide to always run the 3071 engine first..
Cheers

Stuart
New Zealand
Offline laalves  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2004 15:02:09(UTC)
laalves

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by hqstu
<br />Good to see you back Peter,
The 3071 has two pickup shoes with the forward direction supplying power all the time. I think some changeover relay is required for this purpose. The decoders on the likes of the 37783 ICE 3 incorporates this. You may have to think of a solution for this, unless you decide to always run the 3071 engine first..

You can also opt for the two-slider Lokpilot, specific for this purpose.

Luis
Offline Gregor  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2004 18:40:40(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
Hi all,

Peter, I converted the 3070 (which is an earlier version of the same TEE) using a 60904. I'm very satisfied.

I don't use power cut sections, all my stop commands are triggered by detection rails. So to power and control the train, I always use the pick-up shoe of the motor car, regardless of driving direction. Yet for the pc detection system I do want use the pickup shoe driving in front. Therefore I connected the rear shoe with a resistor to mass. When the trains drives rearwards, this shoe will trigger detection, since my detection system works on current detection. The 3-wire cable that runs through the complete train I now use for:
1. White frontlights of the rear cab
2. Red taillights of the rear cab
3. Switchable Train illumination

Best regards,
Gregor

BTW: For chauvinistic reasons I must object to your description 3071/4071 SBB TEE set:It was half Dutch. So a better description would be 3071/4071 SBB/NS TEE set wink
Offline Olav  
#7 Posted : 15 December 2004 08:18:21(UTC)
Olav

I have converted my 3071 sometime ago with a 60902 and a HAMO magnet. Altough it is not the quality as a 5-pole anker, I'm pleased with it. The sliders are connected to each other. But I must say that I'm using electronic traindetection. Therefore it doesn't matter which slider is the first. Both are picking up the power from the track. The system always reacts. The advantage of connected sliders is that there is a large improvement of picking up the power.

I also have a cargo sprinter where I have connected both sliders to each other for the same purpose.

But also if you are using another form of detection this can work. The only thing is that the primary condition is that your trains are stopped via PC control and powerlesss tracksections are not required to stop the train.

Best regards

Olav
Offline PeFu  
#8 Posted : 16 December 2004 11:53:10(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hi all! Thanks for your comments. I will also try a 60902 and a HAMO magnet this time, for the fun of it. My PC receives occupied track feedback using a current detection solution, and I will also try having both shoes always active. I haven't received the 3071 from Germany yet, but the HAMO is waiting...

confused Do you have good experiences running the train in both directions?

Cool Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Olav  
#9 Posted : 16 December 2004 15:06:06(UTC)
Olav

Yes and no, I always try to make tracks which are having fluent lines. In that case, no problem. But the moment yoy are making strange curves etc, oh dear.

What also helps is putting some extra weight in the front car when driving "reverse", since this car is very light.

Olav
Offline Gregor  
#10 Posted : 16 December 2004 21:44:44(UTC)
Gregor

Netherlands   
I inherited the train with weights in all cars. Then often the 4th car derailed. In reverse, the same car (which was now 2nd one) ALWAYS derailed. Then I removed the weights. No change when driving forward, but now driving rearward is OK ! So that's what I do.

Gregor