Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline xxup  
#1 Posted : 14 October 2011 12:28:13(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Regrettably, I decided to update my new iPhone 4 to iOS 5.. One of the problems is that the Marklin Catalogue app no longer shows any pages after the main page of the catalogue.. Does anyone else have a problem with the app after the iOS 5 upgrade?

The iOS upgrade did not go well for me.. I had two attempts and there some outstanding problems.. Cursing Looks like someone from Microsoft QA is now working in Apple.. Mad
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline nevw  
#2 Posted : 14 October 2011 23:26:40(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post
Regrettably, I decided to update my new iPhone 4 to iOS 5.. One of the problems is that the Marklin Catalogue app no longer shows any pages after the main page of the catalogue.. Does anyone else have a problem with the app after the iOS 5 upgrade?

The iOS upgrade did not go well for me.. I had two attempts and there some outstanding problems.. Cursing Looks like someone from Microsoft QA is now working in Apple.. Mad

I had to have 2 goes at loading iOS5, just tried the M catalogue and works perfectly. As it should, nothing goes wrong at M

Maybe the MS QA is in Doomden????Flapper BigGrin LOL LOL Love
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 15 October 2011 01:08:42(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Okay thanks for the information seems to be a problem with the Apple upgrade process rather than iOS 5 itself - I will delete and reinstall the application later today to see what happens..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 15 October 2011 01:22:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Upgraded the iPod OK. You have to back up all your apps, music and stuff first, as the upgrade wipes the device clean.

Touchcab and Mobile App seem to be OK after restoring them.
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 15 October 2011 02:15:40(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
When doing the upgrade on the Ipod, upgrade Itunes FIRST to V 10, then plug in the Ipod and it asks to do the Upgrade to iOS5. did an Auto backup, started the upgrade and locked up. I Unplugged the Ipod. restarted the computr, plugged in the Ipod, said no to the backup, the upgrade went as advertised and then restored the backup. ALl worked including the ones we put on Wednesday.

NN
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 15 October 2011 04:30:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: nevw Go to Quoted Post
....upgrade Itunes FIRST to V 10....

The upgrade of iTunes is up to v10.5.

Offline xxup  
#7 Posted : 16 October 2011 10:36:42(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I did all that stuff..

I also deleted the app from the iPhone, then resinstalled it from the iTunes copy and it still does not work.. So it must be a bug of some sort in the app.. I will delete it from iTunes and reload it from the store as a last resort.

I have also deleted and reinstalled iTunes (version 10.5.0.142)... It hangs on "Synching xxup's Iphone (Step 7 of 7) Waiting for changes to be applied".. That problem is still there too..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline xxup  
#8 Posted : 17 October 2011 13:23:18(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Deleting the app from the iTunes library did not work.. So I rebuilt the iPhone to find out that none of the six backups work.. It also seems that not even a partial recovery of the backup is possible.. The response from Apple technicians is that "it sometimes happens" and there does not seem to be a way (or a desire) to fix the problem.. The causality is the loss of some photos that Miss 12 took with the camera.. Everything else was recoverable from the iTunes library, Gmail, and the cloud (contacts)... However, every app had to be reconfigured with logins/locations etc..

After all of that the Marklin app still does not allow me to browse the catalogue.. (That is - I press catalog, then touch Gauge HO, Gauge 1 or Gauge Z all I see is the background image) Search, contact, Dealer and Quiz options all work fine.. So my conclusion is something changed in iOS 5 to cause a problem with the app..

Sigh - need to wait for the update.. If you have an iPhone and use the Marklin Catalogue app, then my advice would be not to upgrade to iOS 5.. In my opinion, there is nothing useful in the iOS 5 upgrade anyway..

p.s. Oh yes.. The problem with the "waiting for changes" lock up was that iOS 5 does not allow sync of photos with some NAS drives.. This used to work perfectly in version 4.3.5.. Oh joy and bliss - I am going back to Nokia - I really don't like these phones and I dislike the level of control that Apple has over my phone..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline KingBuick  
#9 Posted : 17 October 2011 17:39:22(UTC)
KingBuick

Originally Posted by: xxup Go to Quoted Post

You're not alone. I just tried the app on my iPod Touch 64GB with the iOS 5 update, and it has the same problem as well. Also, the search engine is bugged too. If you try to type an item number in and press search, the message pops up saying that no results were found.

Märklin should just update the app to iOS 5 technology. That goes the same for Märklin's other apps and all the other apps that haven't been updated yet.

Cheers!

Tadzio.
Permanent C-Track Layout controlled with 60215 CS2 with version 1 software. Locos and rolling stock from Eras II-IV.
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/KingBuick/ .
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingBuick
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Buick
Offline David Dewar  
#10 Posted : 17 October 2011 20:24:00(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
I have the new iphone 5 which I updated to IOS6. Didnt bother with itunes as I like to sing when looking at my phone. I found that when cutting out the YAK signal I was able to dowload the Marklin Catalogue to my CS4 two weeks before it was printed.

Flash

PS I also have a big button mobile which makes phone calls but cant download anything .. completely useless.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Webmaster  
#11 Posted : 17 October 2011 21:13:30(UTC)
Webmaster

All ok here with the IOS 5 & iPodPads regarding the catalog app...

First download of IOS 5 did fail though...

Better wait until IOS 6 is available in public from the cave, I've heard that it will automatically run all trains both with TouchCab & M apps and you would not need to program anything at all... CS4 is a prerequisite, of course...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]