Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dan67millie  
#1 Posted : 21 September 2011 19:26:26(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi Some time ago i mentioned that my mobile station 1 transformer which came with a start set had stopped working. So after trawling through the web and deciding to buy a new one. I then went to a local Marklin agent (modellbahn) who is a repair agent too. He asked me if i had a normal Marklin transformer for non digital! AC. This will do he said and it did. The mobile station works a treat! So fear not, if the transformer supplied with your start set stops working dont worry just get your old Marklin transformer out!
Offline Lollo  
#2 Posted : 22 September 2011 09:06:25(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Hi,
That does work well. I now use a 52VA transformer to power my MS1. The track connection boxes actualy have a bridge rectifier circuit in them, so will work with any marklin transformer.
The 18VA transformer that is standard for the MS1, actually has a DC output.

Brian.
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2011 09:15:16(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Lollo Go to Quoted Post
The 18VA transformer that is standard for the MS1, actually has a DC output.
It has a DC output and therefore it is no transformer (even though Märklin incorrectly call it transformer).

It has been written here before that the MS1 can be used with either AC or DC.
I recommend 16 V AC or 18 through 22 V DC (when using switching-mode power supplies).

Laptop or universal power supplies can also be used - and often come with a fitting plug. Polarity doesn't matter as there is a rectifier inside the box (Brian mentioned that).

A stabilized power supply is better than any transformer.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage