Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline supermoee  
#51 Posted : 11 October 2011 13:28:26(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: jeehring Go to Quoted Post

Let's wait for MIBA or MOBA magazine - or any good magazine - review....to know the truth about measurements...
Above all I 'll try to make my opinion by myself...

oh yes, the Miba reviews are very objective and Märklin friendly.LOL

Sorry, but my opinion of Miba reviews is very low. Each time that on a Märklin model a rivet is displaced, following them it sounds like a natural catastrophic event.
If the competitors have plastic parts falling off during operation, it is nothing you cannot adjust with a little bit of glue. If there is some detail not prototipical, it is only minor issues. Bored

So do not expect a positive review for this loco from Miba editorial group.

rgds

Stephan
Offline jeehring  
#52 Posted : 11 October 2011 19:00:11(UTC)
jeehring

Originally Posted by: supermoee Go to Quoted Post

Let's wait for MIBA or MOBA magazine - or any good magazine - review....to know the truth about measurements...
Above all I 'll try to make my opinion by myself...

oh yes, the Miba reviews are very objective and Märklin friendly.LOL

Sorry, but my opinion of Miba reviews is very low.Stephan

Sorry Stephan, & thank you for your information....I said "MIBA" only as an example, because I don't have all the German Titles in mind.
I know this review through special issues about digital that are translated in French ****(I must say that on one of their last issue about digital, Marklin is totally ignored - may be by the translator ? ).I don't know their global editorial line. That's why I added : " ...or any good magazine"...I don't care about the opinion of magazines . I only look at concrete specifities, like description of the technology, measurements of performances (speed, pulling power, etc...) or compared measurements with prototype....I don't need them to make my own opinion : I do it by myself. I don't care if they like or they don't like . I need them for the information that cannot be found on forums nor anywhere else....

I don't even care about specific small distorsions. I even like some distorsions when it proves that it is the result of an adaptation work. What I like is to understand the interpretation of the prototype by the MMR manufacturer . Few millimeters missing or on top , don't disturb me. For any distorsion there is a reason...

**** that's how I know what a shambles there is into the world of DCC actually ! ( a bloody mess !)There is a real problem about norms, partnerships brake every 6 months, it seems that Zimo don't join in and now wants to play their own score in solo ?
Offline kimballthurlow  
#53 Posted : 11 October 2011 22:54:58(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: RayPayas Go to Quoted Post
Roland,

I simpathise with your views. It seems that any new model from Marklin is an excuse for the "Marklin bashers" to start complaining.

Personally, I welcome every new model, whether I intend to buy it or not. Some have errors in the details, others might have compromises from the scale, and others might have reduced functions, but at least it's a new model.

Not all babies are beautiful and healthy...

I found the Stummi forum amusing.

In there (the E17 critique), some contributors were criticising Marklin about having a "slider" (pickup) in the centre.

Now that is weird.

In my experience (50 years with 2 rail), the quality and manufacture methods of Marklin are much superior. And as a bonus, all the models that I have, look great to me.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline H0  
#54 Posted : 11 October 2011 23:07:53(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
In there (the E17 critique), some contributors were criticising Marklin about having a "slider" (pickup) in the centre.
Stummi's Forum has some hardcore 2-railers.
Whenever someone says that there is something wrong about a Märklin model, they will tell that the slider is also not prototypically correct.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kimballthurlow  
#55 Posted : 12 October 2011 01:44:07(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Whenever someone says that there is something wrong about a Märklin model, they will tell that the slider is also not prototypically correct.

Hi Tom,
And an electric motor in the boiler (or worse, the tender), is in the same category.
Laugh

regards

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline river6109  
#56 Posted : 12 October 2011 03:22:12(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
In the past I just changed the loco's pulling capabilities by adding another axle with rubber tyres (no complaint) what I did find unexceptable was a loco being re produced with the same crappy headlights and no markerlights at an inflated price, e.g. BR 151.
There are some inconsistancies at times whereas the latest gadgets are applied and on the other hand motor parts from the 60's are applied without any improvements in their 37... series locos, e.g. ball bearings on both sides of the armature shaft.
This to me would be a fundamental improvement or necessity, like a radio in a car.
Current trends seem to go along with mobile phones and the inbuild gadgets, why do you need a picture from a restaurant, you've never heard of and make a booking just for the heck of it.
Why do you need a weather forecast when the forecast is never right.

My attitude in the 60's up to the 90's was to get every export model, every unusal model more or less every model that came out and now I'm more selective what type of model I buy if any with prices gone through the roof and to sum it all up, if I like a model (e.g. Ray) I'll buy it and since I run my electrics from the overhead system, I do not need sliders and this never bothered me or the middle rail, I think it looks more muscular than 2 railBigGrin

the model (E 17) in question looks alright to me, all depends on the price.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline steventrain  
#57 Posted : 03 November 2011 12:39:02(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Pictures of 37061.

Run smooth on C-tracks 1st radius, some turnouts find no issue, Sounds very good.ThumpUp

Bit light weight that E18.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Hemmerich  
#58 Posted : 06 November 2011 00:28:02(UTC)
Hemmerich

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Run smooth on C-tracks 1st radius

It runs excellent on all three types of Märklin tracks.

Quote:

No surprise - it's knowingly shorter! BigGrin

To be precise, the weight difference is 110g (but it's 115g heavier than the ROCO counterpart - which has less pulling power too).
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#59 Posted : 06 November 2011 02:02:31(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Looks like a flipping nice model to me. But being from the islands I don't know about such
things as perspectiveConfused and so on. Wish I had one thoughDrool Drool

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline river6109  
#60 Posted : 06 November 2011 03:03:20(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Hemmerich Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

To be precise, the weight difference is 110g (but it's 115g heavier than the ROCO counterpart - which has less pulling power too).

Lutz,

How do you know ?

Have you tried both of them yourself ?

I thought you're a marklin fan through and through and don't touch Roco locos ?

John
Offline steventrain  
#61 Posted : 06 November 2011 08:37:01(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

Have you test on M-track 5120?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#62 Posted : 06 November 2011 12:45:56(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   

Quote:

E18 3968x - 560g.

E17 37061 - 475g.

Note the wheels of 37061 is thick that 3968x.

E17 top.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#63 Posted : 06 November 2011 15:41:25(UTC)
H0

The E 17 was announced as "Completely new tooling."
The trucks look very similar to the trucks of the E 18. There should be differences inside as different types of motors have been used.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Hemmerich  
#64 Posted : 06 November 2011 21:36:15(UTC)
Hemmerich

E18 3968x - 560g.

E17 37061 - 475g.

Ok, lets put things correct - the E18 weight differs dependent upon the specific model (those with small headlights are slightly heavier):

3768 - 586g; 37681 - 570g; 26509 - 573g
37061 - 476g
R43876 - 362g
Quote:
Note the wheels of 37061 is thick that 3968x.

Don't understand what you mean; the width of the E18 wheels is 3,4mm wheras those of the E17 is 3mm.

Although all three models (Märklin E17, E18 and ROCO E17) have a very similar drive design they are still all different; the only common parts between the Märklin E17 and E18 are the front/rear wheels, the buffers and the short couplers and maybe some screws.

The only "prototypical deviation" of the E17 is the front/rear wheel diameter and their distance from the larger truck wheels. Both deviations are done on purpose and based upon the specfic model construction.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#65 Posted : 06 November 2011 22:09:24(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
.....and don't touch Roco locos ?

I think Lutz has more than a few Roco locos! WinkWink
Offline jeehring  
#66 Posted : 06 November 2011 23:46:59(UTC)
jeehring

thank you Steven & Lutz for interesting pictures & comments.
On the E17 the engraving of the side of the trucks looks a little bit more "incisive" than on E 18...After all , we are in 2011...I'm longing to see it...
Offline pa-pauls  
#67 Posted : 07 November 2011 09:45:53(UTC)
pa-pauls

Quote:
I think Lutz has more than a few Roco locos!

He he he,,, Blushing Me too ! Wink
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#68 Posted : 07 November 2011 10:17:37(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: pa-pauls Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
I think Lutz has more than a few Roco locos!

He he he,,, Blushing Me too ! Wink

My count stands at 2, both Tauras locos. And I like them very much!

Sorry for the OT post.
Offline H0  
#69 Posted : 12 November 2011 16:07:31(UTC)
H0

Some prototype pictures (please note the position of the running wheels and the two "horns" in front of the running wheels):
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=7&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=4&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=3&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...pic&num=0&br=117

And some model pictures (please note the position of the running wheels and the void in front of the running wheels):
http://img510.imageshack...img510/6065/dsc9708u.jpg
http://www.lokdepot.de/i.../popup_images/6387_0.jpg
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline steventrain  
#70 Posted : 12 November 2011 17:41:47(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Some prototype pictures (please note the position of the running wheels and the two "horns" in front of the running wheels):
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=7&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=4&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...&num=3&br=e%2017
http://www.eisenbahnstif...pic&num=0&br=117

great site with many pictures.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#71 Posted : 18 November 2011 15:23:23(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

So it looks like our Marklin Model will not have the snow horns or whatever they are. Huh A bit of a fault I think Glare

Edit; Thanks for posting your nice pics Steven and the links Tom ThumpUp Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline kimballthurlow  
#72 Posted : 18 November 2011 22:00:17(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   

Although all three models (Märklin E17, E18 and ROCO E17) have a very similar drive design they are still all different; the only common parts between the Märklin E17 and E18 are the front/rear wheels, the buffers and the short couplers and maybe some screws.

The only "prototypical deviation" of the E17 is the front/rear wheel diameter and their distance from the larger truck wheels. Both deviations are done on purpose and based upon the specfic model construction.

It is interesting that Episode 36 of the Marklin TV explained some of the supposed "shortcomings" of the E17, purportedly the "deviations" as explained by Lutz. I use the word shortcomings advisedly, because there are no shortcomings at all for many users, seeing as it runs perfectly on R1 track and over M trackwork generally.

Marklin might say at times, without speaking aloud, "We haven't had time yet to re-design the xxx for this model, so we are going with the old, but proven method/technology/solution, and the purchaser will have to accept that for now. We are of course not forcing you to purchase it."

Marklin don't need to admit that it is possible to redesign the xxxx.
Neither do they need to reveal that in the future they might, or will re-design the xxxx.

If I was running the development and marketing departments of Marklin, that is how it would be. Keep the customer happy with trains that run on existing tracks, as long as we are not misleading prospective purchasers in some way. There are plenty of forums and public opportunities where you can discuss real, fantasy or possible shortcomings in models. And a prospective purchaser can always reject the model at the point of purchase, if it is not to his/her liking.

And as Roland points out, he feels there is a more "incisive" replication of the drive wheels, which is nice.

regards
Kimball
Offline NZMarklinist  
#73 Posted : 17 December 2011 05:12:45(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

Hi Tom,
And an electric motor in the boiler (or worse, the tender), is in the same category.
Laugh

regards

Kimball

An electric motor in the boiler is absolutly fine, in fact the only practical solution, for electric trains, models or otherwiseGlare
My E 17 is finally on it's way BigGrin after I asked LS to send it incl a total of some 600+ eu of other items. A big enough parcel, just hope HMNZ Customs arn't reading this forum Sneaky
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline kimballthurlow  
#74 Posted : 17 December 2011 05:51:10(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Glen,

Congratulations on your purchase of the model.

I hope it is everything you expect.

Sounds like a large enough purchase to be caught through customs. However, at this time of year, they often decide to raise "the bar" so to speak, and you may be lucky to get it through for free.

regards
Kimball
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline jvuye  
#75 Posted : 17 December 2011 08:24:33(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hello all,
In the meantime, mine has reached the layout and has been doing its rounds with a nice long rake (10!) Schürzenwagen.
It is simply perfect, as a loco for a model railroad where trains *run* IMHO.
I can easily live with the little deviations from "true scales".
The details on the roof are simply perfect, as they should: isn't it the part of an E-lok you see the most while it runs on the layout?

As you'd expect from yours truly I spent some time looking at "the new" drive concept.
It is simply a classical worm and pinion, pretty much like the rest of the industry today, except that the worm and gears are metal, and precision machine ground (as opposed to stamped and injected/moulded plastic))

It is very smooth,and has a nice "natural" inertia. ("Auslauf")

Excellent job here Märklin!

Although I essentially run Swiss trains on my Gotthard inspiration layout, this one will be a regular visitor on the Torre del Fabro layout (The "excuse" being: for comparison purposes with the SBB Ae 4/7 and Ae 4/6....)

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline jeehring  
#76 Posted : 18 December 2011 15:20:33(UTC)
jeehring

Hi all,
....is the "shop price" for this model same as the catalogue price ?
Offline vilithejou  
#77 Posted : 18 December 2011 15:56:22(UTC)
vilithejou

Hi all,
....is the "shop price" for this model same as the catalogue price ?

In my shop in Barcelona on insider models with coupon applies to me a 10% of discount
On the catalogue models a 22%
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
Offline H0  
#78 Posted : 18 December 2011 15:56:59(UTC)
H0

....is the "shop price" for this model same as the catalogue price?
No rebates on Insider models, not even 10 %.
Well - no rebates officially, but some dealers are open for negotiations with steady customers. Has always been like that for Insider models, not related to their recently failed policy on dealer rebates.

One went away on eBay for Euro 253 recently ...
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline jvuye  
#79 Posted : 30 January 2012 17:14:29(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hello all,

After running this little wonder for about two months, I am happy to report that I am very happy with the way this one runs, regardless of what some may have been complaining about.

I took the time to look at it closely, because it is my first purchase of a Märklin loco with this type of drive train..

As far as running characteristics are concerned, it is just perfect.Wub

I have had it pulling a train made of 12 tin plate 24 cm coaches (40xx type) for most of the time. (I know it is not prototypîcal, and that the loco deserves a "better" consist, but this one just happens to be my "benchmarking" train that I use to test new locos with. (48 axles with higher friction and heavy construction...)

The drive is silent, smooth, seemingly trouble free, and very powerful.

What impresses me the most though is the build quality, something that is hard to judge for most of us, unless you have been involved in design and manufacturing of "precision mechanics"

And "mechanically" speaking , I'll venture to say that this is far better than most Märklin locos I have seen in a long time.ThumpUp

I spent time measuring and checking the power train, and this is where I am convinced *major* progress has been made at Märklin.

Mainly, the cut quality and precision of the gears is impressive.
I had a hunch of that when I visited the factory in 2010 and saw the gear cutting machines at work.
These are watchmaker grade parts, no more no less.

Visual inspection reveals perfect surfaces, and just slight marks (essentially on the worm gear) even after all the hours of running under fairly heavy load.

All gears are brass or steel, and machined, not stamped like in old days.

I also looked at the gears' spacing intervals, and there again, spot on! (at least within the means I have for measuring i.e. within 1/100 mm )
Interestingly, there is a slight undercut (about 0.02 mm) on the first gear (the one driven by the worm) which makes perfect sense to minimize friction, but without creating undue backlash.

This is the main reason why it runs so smooth and almost silent!

The assembly of the whole thing is very clean, wiring is orderly, as usual on Märklin loks.

Yes I am happy with this purchase: I'll dare say that Märklin makes (again!) the best model trains in the world, (... along with HAG..if like me, you fancy Swiss trains of course!)

For what we get, the price we pay for Märklin locos is a bargain! BigGrin (Yes, I have my flame retardant outfit on...)

Cheers
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline RayF  
#80 Posted : 30 January 2012 19:27:04(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Nice positive report, Jacques! ThumpUp
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline steventrain  
#81 Posted : 30 January 2012 22:55:31(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I hope you like the 37061, Jacques.Smile
Offline kimballthurlow  
#82 Posted : 30 January 2012 22:57:37(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Jaques,

Thanks for the very useful report.

With the progress and improvements you have mentioned, we can look forward to high quality models from Marklin. And with their new CAD system in place, more interesting models.

regards
Kimball
Offline NZMarklinist  
#83 Posted : 31 January 2012 01:38:18(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Jaques,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your indepth technical survey of the E17.
My one finally arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I too was impressed with the smooth running, now I know why Wink ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline DV  
#84 Posted : 31 January 2012 02:21:31(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Jaques,
Thanks for taking the time to give us your indepth technical survey of the E17.
My one finally arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I too was impressed with the smooth running, now I know why Wink ThumpUp

For once NZ gets ahead of Oz.Blink Crying Mad Sad

Noel are you reading thisSadSad Sad

Where's my E17Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Put a rocket up Märklin and tell them to send stocks to you NOW!!!!Mad Mad Mad

First time I decide to get an Insiders model and this happensCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing

All jokes aside, if you are reading this Noel, what is the situation for Australia as far as this model is concerned?
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline river6109  
#85 Posted : 31 January 2012 02:57:21(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Jacques,

I must admit I haven't bought any new loco(s) from any new stock or design, having read your article I may consider going all out for a newbe.

John
Offline jvuye  
#86 Posted : 31 January 2012 11:01:51(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Jacques,

I must admit I haven't bought any new loco(s) from any new stock or design, having read your article I may consider going all out for a newbe.

John

There is nothing like a new lok to make you feel better...ThumpUp

For the first time in years, I feel myself encouraged/ compelled to buy a significant number of Märklin locos and cars/coaches this year.

About today's Märklin models constructions, I think I would venture to say that the (good) toy techniques used in the past, have now made room for quality precision equipment.

When I looked at the loco, I had a flashback to 15 years ago, when I was still working in the semiconductor industry, inspecting wire bonding equipment, which are basically micro-manipulation robots.
It has the same "flavor"...Wink

Even on the "low-cost" side, (e.G. the TRAXX style locos) the operating qualities are excellent. After many years of running them under heavy load, none of my five "inexpensive" locos is showing signs of trouble, even though the gears are all plastic.
"Inexpensive" doesn't have to be "junk"!

I would love to, once in my life, meet with the guys in the design/construction dept. at Märklin, they are doing a pretty good job.

I sense though that there was a paradigm shift operated a few years ago, shortly after the TRIX merger, when the construction techniques and architecture of new models evolved significantly.
Did they transfer some of the TRIX designers?

The first loco I seem to remember seeing with those changes in "philosophy" was the diminutive Glaskasten BR 98 steamer, then the BR 80 with the Junker planes train set, and the minuscule BR 73 electric loco.

All happen to be good performers in terms of smooth running!

No surprise.RollEyes

Cheers!

Offline DV  
#87 Posted : 16 April 2012 07:53:04(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Finally it has arrived, many thanks Noel, I hope your mate passes on my thanks like he did my complaintFlapper

Have to agree with Jacques, she runs absolutely mangnificent.

Here's a video to prove it.

More pictures to follow.
Dusan V
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DV
Offline RayF  
#88 Posted : 16 April 2012 10:29:27(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Great video! ThumpUp

Love those tracking shots! Makes you feel like you're in a helicopter following the train...
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline pa-pauls  
#89 Posted : 16 April 2012 10:53:10(UTC)
pa-pauls

Nice video ! ThumpUp

The E-17 look's great,,, I'm picking up mine on thuersday on my way to Intermodellbau in Dortmund Smile
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline Ian555  
#90 Posted : 16 April 2012 12:56:10(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dusan,

Another very nice video, the extension to the track design works very well. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline jeehring  
#91 Posted : 16 April 2012 14:20:09(UTC)
jeehring

Oh...nice video !
I do like the "travelling shots"...also the sound of the train on track ...It seems to be a reallistic full speed as well...(about 110/120 km/h ?)
Offline DV  
#92 Posted : 16 April 2012 14:32:38(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Great video! ThumpUp

Love those tracking shots! Makes you feel like you're in a helicopter following the train...

Ray, it's the only exercise I get, that's why we gotta have more trains runningBigGrin LOL Smile

Since we increased the layout, I really have to watch where I'm going, that's why some of the shots are a bit out of focus............no, actually, they are lot out of focusBigGrin
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#93 Posted : 16 April 2012 14:37:24(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Oh...nice video !
I do like the "travelling shots"...also the sound of the train on track ...It seems to be a reallistic full speed as well...(about 110/120 km/h ?)

On the CS2 controller I had it at three quarters, I'm not going to mention what it read in kms, cos it sure wasn't doing that in scale speedBigGrin LOL

On the other hand I had it going at the first notch on the CS2 controller, amazing slow speed.

Really, really, really lovely loco, it was worth the waitThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Dusan V
Offline DV  
#94 Posted : 16 April 2012 14:40:54(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dusan,

Another very nice video, the extension to the track design works very well. ThumpUp

Ian.

Ian I really have to pull my finger out and finish the post about the layout. Somehow it is easier to come up with an excuse not to finish the post then to actually finish it. That's my problem, I'm a gunner, gunner finish this, gunner start this, gunner, gunner, gunner..............
Dusan V
Offline steventrain  
#95 Posted : 16 April 2012 15:42:41(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very good video, Enjoy your new E17 Dusan.
Offline jvuye  
#96 Posted : 16 April 2012 22:35:39(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Hi Dusan!
Great video, I love the layout with the long straights and the swiftly moving train!
The incredible part is that you run *exactly* the same consist of 5 blue DB "skirted coaches + a red DSB restaurant car of the same vintage that I run it with!!
Well, ok....great minds think alike! Blushing BigGrin
Cheers
Offline kimballthurlow  
#97 Posted : 17 April 2012 01:13:34(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Dusan,
Thanks for the video, very enjoyable. It reminds me of watching 46 class electric trains at speed on their way to Gosford in the 60s.

Anyway, about the E17, apparently the real thing was very iconic. I was reading about the Orient Express in the mid-30s, and their was a photo of it hauling the train out of Stuttgart on its way to Munich during daylight hours.

Hi Jacques,
Nice comments about the modelling capability of the Marklin team. I am for ever amazed, and surprised, by what these guys (and gals) come up with. Cultures cross/permeate generations.

In playing with my Hornby Dublo stuff, which was born in the late 30s, and folded in 1964, I feel the same respect. Pity they did not persist, like Marklin.

regards
Kimball
Offline DV  
#98 Posted : 17 April 2012 01:50:55(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dusan!
Great video, I love the layout with the long straights and the swiftly moving train!
The incredible part is that you run *exactly* the same consist of 5 blue DB "skirted coaches + a red DSB restaurant car of the same vintage that I run it with!!
Cheers

Jacques,

you can thank Kimball for me running those carriages, as I bought them off him only a few months ago.

And not being too modest, I do thoroughly agree with you, great minds do think alikeThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp LOL LOL LOL Flapper Flapper Flapper BigGrin Smile
Dusan V
Offline jvuye  
#99 Posted : 17 April 2012 10:46:34(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post

Jacques,

you can thank Kimball for me running those carriages, as I bought them off him only a few months ago.

And not being too modest, I do thoroughly agree with you, great minds do think alikeThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp LOL LOL LOL Flapper Flapper Flapper BigGrin Smile

I guess we must be reading the same (vintage) books showing pictures of actual trains...
From what we see on the Märklin TV channel, there are also a couple of (young) Hungarian gentlemen in the design/construction team.

In the same train of thoughts (pun intended!) I am impatient to see how this year Insider Model, the "Donald Duck" ET403, will perform!
The thing has *two* underfloor motors in the powered car, with unobstructed view through the passengers' compartment.

If it runs as well as the Gottardo RAe TEE and the E17 we are in for another treat!

We will spend more than our PIB this year again...Laugh

Cheers
Offline NZMarklinist  
#100 Posted : 05 May 2012 15:12:14(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DV Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jvuye Go to Quoted Post
Hi Dusan!
Cheers

Jacques,

Dusan,
Are the five blue skirted coaches and red DSB restaurant car not from the Marklin 43237 & 43238 "Rheingold" set, one of my favs ThumpUp
I bought them out of the catalogue from Lokshop in '05 for running behind a V200 or '01, they look great with the E17 as well !. BigGrin

Love your "super elevated" curves Dusan, great shot of the train rounding them Wink ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ