Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2011 17:47:28(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello All:

I was recently looking at photos of an announced Swiss model (Bpm 79) from LS Models that had been posted on the Stummi Forum after the Intermodell Dortmund show. I noted that one of the photos seemed to show that the black band at the windows of the coach in the new SBB livery version was too narrow. I thought that I would send an email to the company asking them to look into the matter, and if possible, correct the detail on the final delivery of the model.

I was expecting the usual "thank you for bringing this to our attention" response, but the reply that I received today was much more specific. I received a copy of my original message, with notation, that had been forwarded to the designer of the model in question. It will be interesting to see what corrections will be made to the production model. As far as I can tell, the official production was scheduled to begin any day now. If there is any delay as a result of my notification, I apologize to those who may have been awaiting this item, but I think that we can be assured that the model will be worth the wait.

Today I received a message from the model designer directly, stating that he had also noted the same problem and had informed the manufacturer (Modern Gala) to correct this detail. I could not possibly ask for more from a company and I am very pleased with the rapid response to my concerns.

Photos of the model in question and the other versions of the Bpm 79 can now be found on the www.lsmodels.com website. There are also photos of other new items that have been posted this week.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 28 April 2011 19:01:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2011 19:03:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello All:

I updated the message above to include more details about the model and the response that I received from the company.

MC
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2011 21:11:25(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
That is great! I may need to email and find out the scoop on pricing and availability of the NPZ BDE railcars...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 29 April 2011 02:13:47(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The latest information that I had received from my Swiss sources was that the RBe 4/4 (RBe 540) should most likely be in stores in November/December of this year. LS Models has a history of slight delays in delivery, so it is possible that delivery may only occur in the first few months of 2012. The current priority of models seem to be the RAe/RABe Gottardo, the Bm 6/6, the remaining RIC and Bpm 79 coaches. Once those are completed, the focus will shift to the RBe 4/4 and RABDe 12/12.

I am definitely going to grab at least one of the RBe 540s. As far as the RBe 4/4, I don't know if I want one of the main series or will wait for one of the prototype (1401-1405) series. Same dilemma for the RABDe 12/12, where I can't decide between the original red version or the final NPZ livery.

In other Swiss news, LSM is releasing a coach set for the EC Tiziano, which was the successor for the famous TEE Roland. This consist, made up of DB coaches ran from Germany to Italy and back on a daily basis. This set is a must for any Gotthard fan who can run 1:87.

As soon as I hear projected prices and any other information from one of my sources, I will post it here.

Regards

Mike C