Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kbvrod  
#51 Posted : 14 April 2011 22:44:19(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,

Quote:
I did it only for tests to see if there were some break of power & in such a case how did the decoders react...
....I have been also using them between a part of layout feeded by 6021 and another piece of track feeded by MS1 .....just as a precaution because I thought it was necessary....and to see what was happenning....

Good call Joe!Never,ever feed the tracks without out 2 CU's being isolated!Blink
Run your mainline with the MS1,use your 6021(ISOLATED!) for a yard.

Dr D
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#52 Posted : 15 April 2011 00:27:39(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
There were some previous instances where the rockers were not needed, and it was ok to have sliders momentarily bridging both powered sections, but I don't know if this applies to 60174/60214/15. Are the rockers available as a separate catalog item?

They are not needed between 6021 and 6017.
They are needed between CS1 or CS2 and 6017.
They are not needed between CS2 and 60174.
They write that in their FAQ list (and it's German only):
http://www.maerklin.de/f...&Search=true#Post224

For information about centre rail rockers (including spare part numbers), copy this URL to the address field of your browser:
Code:
http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/product_files/1/pdf/6021_tech.pdf

Thanks Tom.

How about for Ecos / EcosBoost?

Edited by user 15 April 2011 12:39:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline old toot  
#53 Posted : 15 April 2011 12:05:45(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
hi all
all those expecting a exchange booster for easter present it looks like
you will have to stick to your easter eggs yesssssssssssssssssBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
well I guess this must be related to world cup rugby as they
did the big cs upgrade about this time four years ago
so kiwis email me at toottoot if you want to do this exchange this week
so we can get the new ones on their way asap
and yes it makes sense what they are doing
well happy easter all
old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline H0  
#54 Posted : 15 April 2011 16:15:09(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
How about for Ecos / EcosBoost?

According to the ESU manual you only need centre rail insulation (they don't even mention centre rail rockers).
Same applies to Central Station 1 and Central Station Reloaded.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#55 Posted : 15 April 2011 23:05:43(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Tom.
Offline Bruiser  
#56 Posted : 17 April 2011 09:22:28(UTC)
Bruiser

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
Information about booster exchange sheet in the 2/2011 club package.

Do the 60174 connect to the old version 60213 CS2?

I had major trouble with this, starting with the 60213 'downgrading' the firmware on the 60174. It worked initially, but then what started as intermittent overloads, progressed to full-time overloads, then failure of the 60213 altogether. I've given up and ordered a 60215.
Offline mvd71  
#57 Posted : 17 April 2011 10:21:50(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
That doesn't sound very good! What have you done with the 60213? Are you going to get it repaired?

I would have thought that if the problem only came about with the new booster, then Marklin should have to make some effort to put it right for you.

Mike.
Offline Bruiser  
#58 Posted : 17 April 2011 12:15:19(UTC)
Bruiser

Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
That doesn't sound very good! What have you done with the 60213? Are you going to get it repaired?

I would have thought that if the problem only came about with the new booster, then Marklin should have to make some effort to put it right for you.

Mike.

I guess I'll send it in for repair. My distributor - Euro Rail Hobbies in Vancouver, had the same error message, and sent it back for repair. However, his was for different reasons. My case was complicated, because I was introducing a lot of new components at the time - mainly Viessmann Occupancy Detectors. I thought it was them at first, until I started reading all this stuff here about outer rail isolation with the 60213 and 60173. Funny thing is, is that I have 60174s, but they were downgraded. Weird.

I must have spent 100 hours trying to figure this out on my own. Then I stumbled upon is Users forum and signed up. Hopefully the 60215 will 'upgrade' my 60174s to something other than what is effectively 60173s.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#59 Posted : 18 April 2011 15:12:19(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
I have just received a box of five 60174 boosters as free replacements for the 60173 boosters I returned to Märklin.

I think it is very fair and honourable of Märklin to admit they made a design mistake, and to suffer the pain and cost of replacing all these boosters.

I'm hoping I will now have enough layout power for the foreseeable future!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
Offline nelson77  
#60 Posted : 19 April 2011 02:27:53(UTC)
nelson77

Hello Nigel,
How long did it take? I send two back about two weeks ago.
Thanks
Nelson77
Westminster,Md
Offline old toot  
#61 Posted : 19 April 2011 11:24:41(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi Bruiser
sounds like you could be up against power overload
also you do realise the 60215 is not being made till
later this year
email my son dion on management@toottoot.co.nz
with all your history on it and as he is an electronic engineer
as well as NZ dealer, and having done a pile of upgrades and troubleshooting
he may have a solution for you, he has fixed a lot that others cannot.
the 60215 comes with 5.00 amp power in response to user requests lifting
up from half of that, as more guys are building bigger layouts needing more
power
This user net is a great place for running and practical help for marklin users and
these guys recently dug deep for us in christchurch which has been really appreciated
and we have another 5.3 saturday and a 4.1 just after lunch today really quite moving BigGrin
have a happy easter a lot of our marklin guys are heading for palmerston north for a 3 day Marklin
chew the fat and mike will be down along with others that log on here,so if you doing nothing
this weekend nip over from sydney,bring your 60213 and dion will be there, the details are on our website
happy derailments
Bryan old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#62 Posted : 19 April 2011 11:34:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: old toot Go to Quoted Post
.... a lot of our marklin guys are heading for palmerston north for a 3 day Marklin
chew the fat and mike will be down along with others that log on here.....

Wish I could have been there! I was going to go, but I'm on call for work over the weekend, so can't leave town!
Offline Bruiser  
#63 Posted : 19 April 2011 14:43:46(UTC)
Bruiser

Originally Posted by: old toot Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bruiser
sounds like you could be up against power overload
also you do realise the 60215 is not being made till
later this year
email my son dion on management@toottoot.co.nz
with all your history on it and as he is an electronic engineer
as well as NZ dealer, and having done a pile of upgrades and troubleshooting
he may have a solution for you, he has fixed a lot that others cannot.
the 60215 comes with 5.00 amp power in response to user requests lifting
up from half of that, as more guys are building bigger layouts needing more
power
This user net is a great place for running and practical help for marklin users and
these guys recently dug deep for us in christchurch which has been really appreciated
and we have another 5.3 saturday and a 4.1 just after lunch today really quite moving BigGrin
have a happy easter a lot of our marklin guys are heading for palmerston north for a 3 day Marklin
chew the fat and mike will be down along with others that log on here,so if you doing nothing
this weekend nip over from sydney,bring your 60213 and dion will be there, the details are on our website
happy derailments
Bryan old toot

I'm hoping it will be earlier than that. I understand that Walthers in the USA has decided to subject there's to FCC approval, which will take time, but I've ordered mine through Euro Rail Hobbies in Canada, so I'm not expecting that sort of delay.

My overload is not because I'm maxing out on current draw. It's because of a fundamental mistake in wiring. I'm expecting (hoping) this is a ground rail issue that will be resolved with the 60215.

Thanks for the reference to help with your son. I'm going to stick it out until I get all the components that I need from Canada, but if that fails, I'll contact Dion (on management@toottoot.co.nz I assume). I've been very frustrated with this over the last few months. Nice to know there's someone over the ditch that can help if I need it. Nice timing within the spirit of ANZAC Day.

I'm really behind the support for Christchurch. Doesn't seem to have hurt the bloody Crusaders though! You guys killed the Waratahs a few weeks ago (my other passion is rugby). Hope everything works out for the better.

No chance of my going to Palmerston North - this year at least. I'm holidaying up in Surfers' Paradise. I wish there was something similar over here.

Thanks for your post Bryan, much appreciated. I'm new to this forum, but have been knee-deep in a Marklin-based project for the last 7 years. It's been a solitary but very fulfilling time.

Happy Easter to all :)
Offline kbvrod  
#64 Posted : 21 April 2011 14:21:30(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
See: Booster exchange

Dr D
Offline laalves  
#65 Posted : 12 May 2011 20:46:13(UTC)
laalves

Done! My two brand new 60174 arrived today, in exchange for my 2/3 years old pair of 60173. About 6 weeks turnaround, but I don't know how long they stayed at my dealer waiting for enough of them to fill a box.

They arrived in new boxes with all cables, even if I didn't return my cables and are working just fine (came with 1.31 TFP, already updated them to 1.36). Great job Märklin!!!!!!!
Offline Nielsenr  
#66 Posted : 25 June 2011 03:21:29(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Sent my three 60173 Boosters to Marklin USA on Monday, June 13. They arrived there on Friday, June 17. Three new 60174 Boosters were shipped out Tuesday, June 21. They arrived at my home today ... Woohoo!! Very nice service!! Twelve day turn-around!! Thank You Michelle at Marklin USA!!

Robert