Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2011 22:49:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
LS Models has posted photos of the final prototype of the SBB WRm Restaurant coach. The variations include WRm TEE, WRm TEE colors with SBB <+> symbol and no TEE inscription. WRm C1 (Eurofima Orange) and C1 (with door at kitchen end of coach) as well as the original red and historical (restored) SBB Classics version:

http://www.lsmodels.com/Pages/General_N/Home_N.htm

One of the photos shows a close up of the dining room windows of the WRm TEE. This is what the Maerklin model should have looked like!

I am looking forward to these models. The WRm in red I have on order with two green UIC compartment coaches. The orange version I have on order with 2 Bpm (1979) coaches in Eurofima orange. There is as yet no model number for the TEE models, but I will be using this coach with my Roco Avmz and Apmz coaches to recreate the Bavaria in 1:87 behind my lovely Maerklin Re 4/4I.

Regards

Mike C
Offline TimR  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2011 22:57:16(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Interesting items, thanks Mike.

Their WRm coach definately looks better than Marklin's - that is just my first impression.
Is it in full scale length or 1/93,5?

Also saw they're planning to make the new Eurosprinter 2007.
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 05 March 2011 02:02:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The model, like all models by LSM, is exact 1:87 scale. In this case, the coach will be 303mm (12") long with a minimum recommended radius of around 430mm (R2).

Regards

Mike C
Offline Caralain  
#4 Posted : 05 March 2011 03:50:26(UTC)
Caralain

United States   
They look really good, especially the very detailed interior. I hope also they are more robust than the Marklin. The other day I installed the lighting in my three Roland Coaches. Before I can even say anything, I broke three steps of the same coachBlushing. The construction is so weak that if you don't hold the car by the middle, you're sure to break them. I learned my lesson and the two remaining coaches are safe!

Mike, I saw on LS website that it is their definitive model. Do you have any idea when they will be put into production?

Pierre
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 05 March 2011 11:30:49(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The latest information that I had received had the Red SBB + CFF diner with two Bm coaches (11 compartments) scheduled for April delivery. The first orange model will be delivered with 2 Bpm (1979) coaches in May/June. The TEE models are just paint variations on the original red model, so there should not be a major delay in the release of those models. As I stated above, the TEE models have not yet been assigned a model number, but that should not be a major impediment in any case.

Pierre, which coach from your Bavaria set was damaged?

Regards

Mike C
Offline Caralain  
#6 Posted : 05 March 2011 17:16:30(UTC)
Caralain

United States   
Hello Mike:

It's the DB open seating car (type Apümh 121) that I damaged. I should be able to glue the steps back but it will be very fragile. Actually I was surprised about their construction. If you are not really careful of what you are doing, you are sure to break them. I broke mine when installing the current-conducting close couplers.

Regards,

Pierre
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 05 March 2011 18:42:22(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have not installed lighting in my TEE Bavaria. I did install red taillights in the last coach of my Trix TEE Roland Set and I intend to do the same for the TEE Bavaria as well. I was thinking about putting in a function decoder as well, so that it could be disactivated when the coach is not at the end of the train. I may eventually put lighting in the Bavaria for night operation and use the 1:87 Roco, LSM and similar coaches for day operation.
The Maerklin Avmz (Avumh) and Apmz (Apumh) were two of the Maerklin models built by Sanda Kan in China for Maerklin. I don't know if this makes them more fragile. I found the coach walls to be very thin and did not like the skirts that were just extensions of the plastic housing. Roco's new models of the same coaches had the same body design for the skirting, also made by Sanda Kan.

Regards

Mike C