Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline akarelias  
#1 Posted : 04 March 2011 09:27:09(UTC)
akarelias

Hello all !!!

Does anyone know the Maerklin numbers of the locomotives in the old 29855 starter set? They were a 18.4 steam engine and a E 40 072 electrical locomotive.

The reason why I am asking is that I am trying to find spare parts for these (Maerklin online shop has a full spare parts list associated with each loco model), as well as a wiring diagram of the E 40 loco, since one of its short brown wires has got loose. This loose wire does not seem to have affected anything, everything seems to work OK. However, this small wire must be there for a very good reason, so I would like to know where to solder it back.

Regards and thanx in advance.

Andreas
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 04 March 2011 09:39:44(UTC)
H0

Hi, Andreas,

Which number? The ref. number is 29855 because the locos were not sold separately.

Spare parts lists (but no explosion diagram):
http://www.maerklin.de/s....php?artikelnummer=29855

Maybe the brown wire was between frame and powered truck to improve ground contact. Two screws hold the motor shield. You might find a small brass tab under one of these screws, this would be the end-point for a brown wire.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 04 March 2011 09:46:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The locomotive numbers will be 29855-1 and 29855-2.

Most user manuals and spare parts diagrams for Marklin models are available at

http://www.maerklin.de/d...page=1&perpage=1500#

However, for 29855 a single pdf file with manuals for both locos is available, but there is no spare parts diagram for either of them. What you then have to do is find another Br18.4 and E40 for which Marklin does have spare parts diagrams for, which are close in design to the 29855 locos. Search that webpage for Br18.4 and E40.

As for wiring diagrams, there are none that I know of on the internet. Anytime that I have asked the Marklin Service Centre for them they say 'Oh, We don't have them'! There's some more Marklin bullcrap for you, more likely they don't want to give them out to any old person. After all, we might all fix our own Marklin locos then, thus denying the Service Centre work! You could try taking to your dealer for that info, or find someone with a similar loco who can send you photos or advice. Or, you could try emailing the Marklin Service Centre - service at maerklin dot de
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 04 March 2011 09:52:44(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
http://www.maerklin.de/service/produktservice/listengenerator.php?artikelnummer=29855

That gives you the big red circle with the diagonal slash!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 04 March 2011 10:20:46(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
http://www.maerklin.de/service/produktservice/listengenerator.php?artikelnummer=29855

That gives you the big red circle with the diagonal slash!

Yeah. Then click on the right on "217672" (for E 40) or "217632" (for 18.4) to get the spare parts lists.
I wrote that there are no explosion diagrams, that's why you see the red circle.

With respect to loose brown wires, a picture of the loose wire (both ends) would help more than any explosion diagram (where you don't see individual wires anyway).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 04 March 2011 11:21:28(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
These locos are fitted with the 60902 decoder. The brown wire on these goes to locomotive ground.

As Tom suggested, look for a connection point on the loco frame or the motor frame.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Lollo  
#7 Posted : 04 March 2011 12:28:32(UTC)
Lollo

New Zealand   
Brian
Yaasan's Desktop Station/Railuino & Marklin MS2, DB Era III/IV Diesel & Steam, ESU Loksound/Lokpilot & Lokprogrammer, Marklin mSD, Tam Valley Depot Octopus III Servo Controller.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Lollo
Offline akarelias  
#8 Posted : 04 March 2011 18:35:15(UTC)
akarelias

Thank you all so much.

Here are two pictures of the inside of the E 40 showing the small loose brown cable.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Any ideas where that might be going?

Best regards - Andreas
Offline RayF  
#9 Posted : 04 March 2011 19:02:44(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I think it goes on the little blob of solder on the frame beside the light mounting.
RayF attached the following image(s):
Connected here.JPG
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 04 March 2011 19:06:53(UTC)
H0

The cable goes to the solder spot beside the lamps (not to the lamp, but to the shield around the lamp).

See this thread for a picture:
http://wiki.3rail.nl/dok...n:marklin:maerklin_37401
(scroll down to second picture)
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline akarelias  
#11 Posted : 04 March 2011 19:12:33(UTC)
akarelias

I cannot express how grateful I am to all you excellent people. I cannot thank you enough.

Best personal regards

Andreas
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#12 Posted : 04 March 2011 21:46:53(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The wire has most likely come off because of the movement of the engine bogie. Make sure that there is enough wire slack to allow for movement when you fit it back on, or else you may need to replace the wire with a slightly longer one.