Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2010 19:54:44(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Did Marklin ever make IC 2000 coaches. They have from the bottom a wide grey band then white band were the windows are then narrow grey band the wide white band were the windows are then a grey roof.They allso have red doors. I think I am right in thinking that they are long and are not stable for R1 c track. Please could you tell me there code numbers.Zürich Hauptbahnhof - Rail City SBB CFF FFS on You Tube

Many thanks

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#2 Posted : 25 November 2010 22:24:25(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Not sure about Marklin but HAG sure did. I have a set.
Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Guus  
#3 Posted : 25 November 2010 22:26:35(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hello Charles,

Unfortunately no, Märklin didn't. RoCo and HAG however used to have them. Some dealers may still have them in stock. Prices are rather high though.
http://www.srpc.ch/img/pics/id_110.jpg

Oops,Just saw our postings crossed.
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline charles Sharpe  
#4 Posted : 25 November 2010 22:37:41(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Guus.

Many thanks for the info would you have a code no for the Roco ones.

Charles.

CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#5 Posted : 25 November 2010 22:43:18(UTC)
charles Sharpe

nevw wrote:
Nev

Hello Nev.

Just been on the Hag site nice things for sale but no luck with the coaches.I have found some in the USA but I can only see ac first class and ac half first class and half baggage but no second class. would you have some code no's.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline charles Sharpe  
#6 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:19:16(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Nev.

I have just had a thought are the Hag coaches ok for R2/R3 c track.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:23:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Charles. As I am sure Nev will confirm HAG are OK for R2/3. They are expensive though and you may have difficulty getting them.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:28:29(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
charles Sharpe wrote:
nevw wrote:
Nev

Hello Nev.

Just been on the Hag site nice things for sale but no luck with the coaches.I have found some in the USA but I can only see ac first class and ac half first class and half baggage but no second class. would you have some code no's.

Charles.

Euromodel TRains have a Diner and a Steering Coach in Stock. I will have a look at other Hag Dealers.
Lokshop has a Hobby trade version.
Some Numbers are 61 120, 62 012 BUT for definitive information GO here:
62 002 62 004
http://www.stefanunholz.ch/ Go to the Databank and log in as Guest.

Stafans data is great.

enter 6**** in hte search field and you will get a List.

http://162.129.247.246/f...NUMListe&-loadframes

N
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline charles Sharpe  
#9 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:39:16(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello David.

I have always liked this coach but as my helix was R1/R2 it was out of the question. This I have decided to do away with the helix as it was giving me lots to problems and when a loco got on the alpine section I could only see the train for 8/9 feet. So I have decided to go ott and when the new alpine section is finished I will able to see a loco for 40feet it is going to be over 6 feet in the air so I can walk under part of the section. I hope to have 3 locos up all the time and just change them when I want a change and I will run it with the redundant CS1. I will take some photos of it as I go along.ThumpUp ThumpUp .

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:42:58(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
charles Sharpe wrote:
Hello Nev.

I have just had a thought are the Hag coaches ok for R2/R3 c track.

Charles.

Definately.
I have a 1st Class, 2nd Class, DIner, 2nd Class and Steering Car.
If you get the AC Models they have M compatable wheels.

NN
Offline Loadmaster  
#11 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:48:41(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
George,

Are you in Norfolk, VA, USA or Norfolk, UK?
I purchased several HAG cars this past summer.
Check out these stores:

www.euromodeltrains.com

www.helmutshobbies.com

http://eurolokshop.com/index.html

Robert
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline nevw  
#12 Posted : 25 November 2010 23:50:18(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
ROCO Part Numbers:
45460 1st Class
45462 2nd Class
45470 REstaurant

Euromodel Trains have the Steering Wagon and Bistro 61120 and 62012. about $140 US

Eurolokshop.com show them but will have to check if they have stock.

Charkes is in the UK.

Nev
Offline charles Sharpe  
#13 Posted : 26 November 2010 00:10:29(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Loadmaster wrote:
George,

Are you in Norfolk, VA, USA or Norfolk, UK?
I purchased several HAG cars this past summer.
Check out these stores:

www.euromodeltrains.com

www.helmutshobbies.com

http://eurolokshop.com/index.html

Robert

Hello Robert.

I am in Norfolk UK.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#14 Posted : 26 November 2010 01:04:37(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
BIG Correction.

Marklin did make a set of Swiss IC Coaches, but had yellow doors.
the set came with an AE 6/6 Loco and 3 cars.
I have a set. I forgot about them as I was thinking red Doors.
NN
Offline mike c  
#15 Posted : 26 November 2010 03:36:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Nev:

A slight correction. The blue and white double deck coaches that Maerklin released as a Set with an Ae 6/6 are Zuerich S-Bahn coaches and not IC coaches. The coaches now have red doors. The SBB plans to use some of these coaches with upgraded Re 4/4II at each end. The modified Re 4/4II are referred to as LION Loks. The Set with the Ae 6/6 represented a consist used to test the new coaches after delivery.

The full Roco IC 2000 coach set included models from the regular catalog as well as from the International Collection. The numbers included
45460 A
45461 AD
45462 B
45463 BR Bistro
45464 Bt
45465 A International Collection
45466 AD International Collection
45467 BR Bistro "Passagio"
45468 Bt "Dino"
45469 Bt "Globi"
45470 WRm "Elvetino"

Alternate numbers/new productions have been released of some coaches as 4546X.1/.2/.3 etc, initially by Roco CH (Rebstein) but also by Roco Austria (4546X.4/.5).
There have since been new models as well as a two set consist which represents an IC 2000 consist as sent to Denmark for tests by the DSB.

A few dealers offered the IC2000 Bt with Flusterschleifer for AC operation. I got mine from Zuba Tech (now Barp Tech) in Winterthur.
The Roco coaches can be used on R2 and up but are recommended for R3 and up.

For Hag IC 2000 coaches, I suggest you try many dealers until you find all the coaches you are looking for. Beware the original pilot coach had blue LEDs that were not very visible. Hag has since corrected this on newer versions.
The earliest Hag models also had problems with window panes popping out of the shell, which has also been corrected in more recent versions.

Regards

Mike C
Offline nevw  
#16 Posted : 26 November 2010 04:47:49(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Thanks Mike for the Information.

Nev
Offline Rajnish  
#17 Posted : 26 November 2010 09:37:31(UTC)
Rajnish

Hi!

The current generation HAG IC2000 coaches are absolutely beautiful and the Steuerwagen does not have the problem of blue light. I have one from the December 2009 production run. HAG IC2000 coaches are curently sold out and will be difficult to find them with any of the dealers, at least the complete set. HAG will be running a production run in late January - mid February (which has been pushed back since August of this year).

The windows on the curent generation coaches certainly do not pop-out. HAG has interior light lits #550 for these coaches which have the new warm white LEDs. If you use double - pole Marklin/ Viesmann current conducting couplers with current pick-up in the Steuerwagen, it comes out really well.

Cheers,

Rajnish
Offline charles Sharpe  
#18 Posted : 04 December 2010 00:02:31(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Can you change the wheel set on Hag coaches from DC to AC Or do you have to buy AC coaches to run on C type track.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline David Dewar  
#19 Posted : 04 December 2010 00:07:52(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Charles. You can change the the wheels.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#20 Posted : 04 December 2010 00:21:47(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello David.

Were is a good place to get some and are they expensive.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline mike c  
#21 Posted : 04 December 2010 02:29:56(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Price at Suter Meggen around CHF 150 per coach. Price at ETS listed at 84 EUR export. TEE USA price starts at 139 US. If you can't find the AC models, you can always get the DC version and swap wheelsets. Option: If using C or K Track, invert one DC axle to yield return on both axles for AC operation with lighting.

Regards

Mike C
Offline charles Sharpe  
#22 Posted : 04 December 2010 10:13:38(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Mike

Were can I get some AC wheels and I am not sure what you mean by invert one axle to yield return on both axles for AC operation.

regards

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 04 December 2010 11:39:15(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
charles Sharpe wrote:
Hello David.

Were is a good place to get some and are they expensive.

Charles.

Charles, most dealers will swap DC for AC, and vice versa if you ask them when purchasing.

Possibly the Lokshop may be able to supply wheelsets, else try http://www.luck-feinmechanik.de/
Offline mike c  
#24 Posted : 04 December 2010 12:59:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
charles Sharpe wrote:
Hello Mike

Were can I get some AC wheels and I am not sure what you mean by invert one axle to yield return on both axles for AC operation.

regards

Charles.

Charles,

if you are using interior lighting and have only DC axles, by reversing one of the two wheelsets on the bogie, you will have one isolated axle grounded to the right rail and the other grounded to the left rail, which would give you a better ground return contact than if you left the wheelsets in the original DC positions (one bogie left rail, the other bogie right rail). The axle contact would then be in contact with both rails for a better return of the current.

Regards

Mike C
Offline charles Sharpe  
#25 Posted : 04 December 2010 17:25:30(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Mike.

Is what you are suggesting easy to do. I have some AC coaches on order for next year but I have found a second class coach at a very good price and I thought it would be nice to add it in with the others. I will be adding lighting to the coaches at a later date. Is the lighting units the same for AC and DC.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline nevw  
#26 Posted : 04 December 2010 23:07:27(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
charles Sharpe wrote:
Mike.

Is what you are suggesting easy to do. I have some AC coaches on order for next year but I have found a second class coach at a very good price and I thought it would be nice to add it in with the others. I will be adding lighting to the coaches at a later date. Is the lighting units the same for AC and DC.

Charles.

PLESE DELETE. in Error
Offline nevw  
#27 Posted : 04 December 2010 23:08:59(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
charles Sharpe wrote:
Mike.

Charles.

Yes it is easy to change wheel sets or Swap wheels around. Also sliders and Earth Plate snap into the Bogies.
No . the DC sets (Analogue) have 10-12V Globes. the AC and DCC 16 V GLobes. Physically HAG lighting units are the Same only GLobes are different.

DC Part Number 542 Digital 542D

Nev
Offline David Dewar  
#28 Posted : 05 December 2010 00:45:51(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Charles when ordering HAG lighting units make sure you also order the pickup and ground parts. A good dealer will change the wheel sets for you without charge. The HAG light bars are not that great and use bulbs and not LEDs (may have changed since my last purchase) they do however fit the coaches but before buying I would look at the total cost of the coach,light bar and pick up parts then pick yourself up off the floor!!
When I was buying HAG I bought from Marno Models who advertised in Continental Modeller. That way you avoid items packed in shoe boxes from Switzerland (as per recent thread)and Michael at Marno is a nice chap and very helpful.

dave
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#29 Posted : 05 December 2010 11:42:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Johnvandamme on ebay also has some Fleischmann AC wheelsets for sale.

http://stores.ebay.com/j...mp;_trksid=p4634.c0.m322