Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dan67millie  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2010 11:24:55(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi can any one tell me if they have any LS models for the 3 rail system. Im looking at two locos at the moment and i did wounder if is better of with Marklin!! as i no they run
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2010 20:27:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have the RAm TEE from RailTop/LS Models. So far, it runs very nicely. The AC models come with a Mabuchi or similar motor and are driven by cardan shaft, similar to most Roco and many Maerklin models today. Most LSM AC Models are equipped with an ESU Decoder from the factory. I do not have any models that are solely LS Models productions, but I have heard good reports about the SNCB 13. They are very detailed and possibly more fragile than Maerklin. Some loks may have trouble with radius 1. Most of them provide the minimum operating radius in the description, so check this before you order.
As LS Models stands for Limited Scale Models, I would recommend you find a dealer that has both models, order one and ask them to hold the other one for you for a few weeks so you can evaluate the first one before confirming the second one.
The following dealers have excellent stock of LSM models: Huenerbein Aachen (eBay huenerbein321); Jocadis Belgium (jocadis.com), Reisezugwagen.eu (Germany). You can check the LS Models webpage to find the UK distributor and perhaps dealers as well.

Regards

Mike C

Note to Webmaster, this topic should probably be moved to the HO scale forum.
Offline dan67millie  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2010 21:07:30(UTC)
dan67millie

mike c wrote:
I have the RAm TEE from RailTop/LS Models. So far, it runs very nicely. The AC models come with a Mabuchi or similar motor and are driven by cardan shaft, similar to most Roco and many Maerklin models today. Most LSM AC Models are equipped with an ESU Decoder from the factory. I do not have any models that are solely LS Models productions, but I have heard good reports about the SNCB 13. They are very detailed and possibly more fragile than Maerklin. Some loks may have trouble with radius 1. Most of them provide the minimum operating radius in the description, so check this before you order.
As LS Models stands for Limited Scale Models, I would recommend you find a dealer that has both models, order one and ask them to hold the other one for you for a few weeks so you can evaluate the first one before confirming the second one.
The following dealers have excellent stock of LSM models: Huenerbein Aachen (eBay huenerbein321); Jocadis Belgium (jocadis.com), Reisezugwagen.eu (Germany). You can check the LS Models webpage to find the UK distributor and perhaps dealers as well.

Regards

Mike C

Note to Webmaster, this topic should probably be moved to the HO scale forum.

Hi mike i would also like to no, do you run your models on Marklin K track!! and if you do, doas your ls model run through the K track curved points ok!!
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2010 04:18:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
At the moment, I am using C Track. I do not have any working K Track switches since a couple of years ago. I have not encountered any problems on my C Track nor on my K Track (straights and curves) with any of my LSM models.
I do not recommend using a minimum radius less than 360mm and whenever possible, 420mm to ensure safe operation.

Regards

Mike C
Offline cyberbeast41  
#5 Posted : 23 November 2010 11:37:41(UTC)
cyberbeast41

I bought two locos from LS: NMBS Hle 13 en HLE 27.
Both are very detailed.
I've had some troubles with the 13 though. LS used a decoder that didn't work to well. I've had it replaced with a lokpilot and it works like a dream now.
The 27 is just perfect.
Both locos make almost no sound.