Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline aos  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2010 19:44:54(UTC)
aos

Scotland   
I have nearly converted all of my 17 analog locos using mostly ESU LokPilot and some Marklin 60760 units. Is there a list anywhere of the compatible "new" locos in the Mobile Station which one should expressly use for old locos, or is it just a matter of pick and choose at random. For instance, what entry in the MS database should be used for a 3000. The starter set which I have that contains the MS says that the info is on Marklin's website, but I cannot find it. They seem to have gone to great lengths to conceal it. Anyone got a cross-reference list of locos? Thanks in advance, Alan
Offline anthpao  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2010 20:40:34(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
I think for ESU decoders if you want all the functions working you have to choose from database the loco 36330.
Then you can change the name and you can activate AUX1 with the F1 key, AUX2 with F2 key the shuntinh speed mode with F3 and the ACC/DEC with the F4 and the lights of corse with the appropriate key on your mobile station. But the icon of your loco would be an electric one and you can not have icons for the functions, although they work fine. For the Marklin decoder I cannot help you.
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2010 21:28:04(UTC)
H0

Here's the file (you may have to copy the URL into the address field):
http://medienpdb.maerkli...ok-Datenbank-2006-12.pdf

To program a loco, you must choose one with a programmable decoder (e.g. 60760 from the database (you find it quicker if you turn counter-clockwise)).
To run a loco, choose one of the correct type (steamer, diesel, electric) with matching functions (you can also use locos with non-programmable decoders to run locos, but obviously if you choose a programmable loco you can later make adjustments using the same entry).
For #3000, you can try #30000.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2010 02:40:35(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
ESU decoders and their functions do not always match the button functions on your MS.

It would be much easier, if it is the case, they do not match, to use an ESU lokprogrammer, whereas you can line up the functions correctly with the MS, especially with a sound decoder.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 18 November 2010 21:16:10(UTC)
H0

river6109 wrote:
ESU decoders and their functions do not always match the button functions on your MS.

If you create a loco by address, the four functions buttons on the left control f1 through f4.

Function buttons may not match for mfx locos or locos created from the database - simply because not all symbols are available at all buttons.

It doesn't take a LokProgrammer to change the function mapping - and LokProgrammer cannot change the function mapping for new mfx decoders.

Alan doesn't mention LokSound decoders. The best bet for ESU LokSound decoders with more than 5 functions is an entry such as 37540 from the database. In this case, function mapping may help to get the most out of this loco.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage