Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline huttel  
#1 Posted : 17 October 2010 12:44:54(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
Hi all

Does anyone now if there's a known way to make registry changes with the new MS 60653. Especially REG 1 and 75 in regard to MFX.

Rgds,
Thomas

UserPostedImage
Carpe Diem!
Märklin HO | Insider | C-Track | Digital | Primarilly DK & D | Era III+IV | PC Control with CS2 (60215), Intellibox & Win-Digipet | http://huttel.dk/marklin
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2010 13:27:02(UTC)
Goofy

Hi!
Mfx locomotiv are registering automatic into MS2,when you did placement an locomotiv on the track.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2010 15:33:59(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
Hi!

You can change CV's, but only for DCC enabled decoders. So I guess for the Märklin mfx decoders you are only able to change the values included in the menues for the specific loco.

Of course if you have an old Mobile Station, a 6021 or other MM compatible controller you may use it to program these CV's. I suppose you are using some of these controllers - otherwise the CV's aren't needed when you use MS2.
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline anthpao  
#4 Posted : 19 October 2010 08:54:53(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
I think you can't change the CVs with Mobile Station. I own Mobile Station 1 and I can't. If the decoder is not mfx the you can change the CVs with Mobile Staion 1 for sure. That's the reason I ordered a Lokprogrammer from ESU.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 19 October 2010 12:39:26(UTC)
H0

anthpao wrote:
I own Mobile Station 1 and I can't.

It can be done with Mobile Station 1.
I don't know if it can be done with Mobile Station 2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 19 October 2010 21:21:31(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:
anthpao wrote:
I own Mobile Station 1 and I can't.

It can be done with Mobile Station 1.
I don't know if it can be done with Mobile Station 2.

With Marklin/Trix MS2 you can change anyone of CV adresses,depends of locodecoder.(what there is cv adresses to change)Only for DCC!!!
With Marklin MS1 you can only drive with MM/mfx.
While Trix MS1 you can handle with only DCC and all CV adresses.
Some of function mapping for Mm/mfx can been change with MS2.
Like acc,dec,volume...etc
Same functions for DCC.
While CV adresses is only for DCC in MS2!

H0
Offline huttel  
#7 Posted : 19 October 2010 23:49:24(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
kgsjoqvist wrote:
Hi!

You can change CV's, but only for DCC enabled decoders. So I guess for the Märklin mfx decoders you are only able to change the values included in the menues for the specific loco.

Of course if you have an old Mobile Station, a 6021 or other MM compatible controller you may use it to program these CV's. I suppose you are using some of these controllers - otherwise the CV's aren't needed when you use MS2.

Hi all

Thank you all for your replies. Let me elaborate a bit.

I am using an Intellibox controlled by WinDigiPet and have several loks with f5-f8 activated sounds where CV75 is set at standard 255. To utilize f5-f8 for the different loks I have to change the second adress to a unique - and not standard 255 - value. Likewise I have had to change CV1 to avoid loks using the same adress.

I originally found the following (in german) guide to change MFX CV's with my MS1 - works perfectly. If you need to change CV75 you just choose a lok from the database with f5-f8 activated.

I was thinking about getting a MS2 and or CS2 and need to know if the values of CV1 and CV75 can be changed.

Rgds,
Thomas

MFX-Decoder CV programmieren mit MS - die Lösung!!!
http://stummi.foren-city...mit-ms-die-loesung.html

Hallo,
ich habe heute zufällig! entdeckt, wie man alle CV's der mfx-Decoder mit einer MS programmieren kann! Juhu!

Workaround:
- Eine "Programmierlok" anlegen - z.B. die Feuerwehrlok aus der Startpackung 29750, siehe auch hier (hinzugefügt am 4.12.6)
- dann weitere 9 Loks anlegen, beliebig aus der DB

Nun sind alle 10 Speicherplätze belegt!

- stellt nun eine mfx-Lok auf das Programmier-/ Testgleis
- die Lok will sich an der MS anmelden, mfx-Symbol blinkt und blinkt und blinkt
- wählt nun die o.g. Programmierlok aus, wählt im Menü Lok ändern - REG
- jetzt könnt Ihr beliebige CV's ändern. Die Lok bestätigt den Programmiervorgang mit blinken der Beleuchtung.

Und auch die Motorola-Adresse des mfx lässt sich so ändern. Einfach im Menü Lok ändern - Adresse die Adresse eingeben und bestätigen. Wieder bestätigt der Decoder den Programmiervorgang mit blinken der Beleuchtung.

viele Grüße
Uwe

Carpe Diem!
Märklin HO | Insider | C-Track | Digital | Primarilly DK & D | Era III+IV | PC Control with CS2 (60215), Intellibox & Win-Digipet | http://huttel.dk/marklin
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 20 October 2010 02:55:42(UTC)
H0

Hi, Thomas!
huttel wrote:
I was thinking about getting a MS2 and or CS2 and need to know if the values of CV1 and CV75 can be changed.

CVs 1 and 75 can be changed with the Intellibox. No other controller needed for that.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 20 October 2010 03:22:03(UTC)
H0

Goofy wrote:
With Marklin/Trix MS2 you can change anyone of CV adresses,depends of locodecoder.(what there is cv adresses to change)Only for DCC!!!
Same functions for DCC.

Long story short: you don't know if MS 2 can change registers 1 & 75 of mfx decoders.

According to my definition of "function mapping", the MS 2 cannot change any function mappings of mfx decoders.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#10 Posted : 20 October 2010 17:51:02(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
mfx-decoders were designed to simplify things for the users and you can't change CV's in the mfx decoders with the mfx enabled decoders. They have put all adjustable features in the menues of the controller. For the simpler "fx" decoders, or as I would call them programmable MM decoders, the CV's are available, since it is the only way to change the settings.

Non-Märklin decoders (3rd part) can be programmed by CV's in Mobile Station and Central Station, because they don't have mfx. Normally they have more options that can be changed than any of the Märklin standard locos do. Especially since the new controllers can use DCC as well, there are many choices when upgrading a loco...
K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline huttel  
#11 Posted : 20 October 2010 18:39:20(UTC)
huttel

Denmark   
kgsjoqvist wrote:
... and you can't change CV's in the mfx decoders with the mfx enabled decoders.

It is possible to change CVs in MFX decoders with a MS1 as described above. Done it myself lot's of times.

Rgds,
Thomas
Carpe Diem!
Offline Goofy  
#12 Posted : 20 October 2010 21:36:19(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:
Goofy wrote:
Same functions for DCC.

Long story short: you don't know if MS 2 can change registers 1 & 75 of mfx decoders.

According to my definition of "function mapping", the MS 2 cannot change any function mappings of mfx decoders.

What exactly is registers 1 and 75...???
H0
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 20 October 2010 21:52:49(UTC)
H0

Goofy wrote:
H0 wrote:
Long story short: you don't know if MS 2 can change registers 1 & 75 of mfx decoders. [...]

q.e.d. ThumpUp

Registers 1 and 75 are primary and secondary MM address respectively.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 20 October 2010 22:53:06(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:
Goofy wrote:
H0 wrote:
Long story short: you don't know if MS 2 can change registers 1 & 75 of mfx decoders. [...]

q.e.d. ThumpUp

Registers 1 and 75 are primary and secondary MM address respectively.

Ahaaa...
You mean MM2 coding switches and MM2 programmable?
MM2 coding switches 1-80
MM2 programmable 1-255

Confused
H0
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 20 October 2010 23:00:22(UTC)
H0

Goofy wrote:

No, mfx decoders. AFAIK only mfx decoders have primary and secondary addresses that can be set independently.
MS1 can do it (range 1 to 80).
Intellibox can it (range 1 to 255).
CU 6021 can do it (range 1 to 80).

And this thread is about the question: Can you do it with an MS2?
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#16 Posted : 20 October 2010 23:08:51(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:
Goofy wrote:

No, mfx decoders. AFAIK only mfx decoders have primary and secondary addresses that can be set independently.
MS1 can do it (range 1 to 80).
Intellibox can it (range 1 to 255).
CU 6021 can do it (range 1 to 80).

And this thread is about the question: Can you do it with an MS2?

Now i get it!!!
No!!!
Both CS2 and MS2 are registration automatic mfx locomotiv,when you did placement loco on the track at once!
So it´s not possible to change primary and secondary adresses with CS2 and MS2!
Thanks HO!
H0