Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 17 October 2010 00:09:09(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello.

Sorry it has been some time since I was last on the form. I have been in and out of hospital.

I have tried this on this forum before I lost the plot.

I have two platforms at one end of my layout which go into a single track. The single track works it's way to the other side of my layout and the goes into two tracks agin. Know what I want to do is this, set one lok on it's way and when it gets to the other end is for the turn out to switch over auto so that the second lok that was sent on it's way a few seconds later than the first one will go into the other the other siding/platform. The loks will wait for the set time I have put in the CS2 and the they will each work there way back and the same will happen again. I do have 4 pieces of contact track in stock and I also have 2 S88 working on the lay out already.Please can you help me. If you can please can you tell me in very simple terms as this sort of thing I am not good at.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2010 01:00:35(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Charles good to hear from you again and hope you are feeling better. The above can be done but I will leave it to somebody who will explain better than me and possibly give a diagram.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline charles Sharpe  
#3 Posted : 18 October 2010 17:31:07(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello David.

It's nice to hear from you. I hope you and your family are all well. Lets hope someone who will do a a diagram and I can have a go at the weekend.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 18 October 2010 21:45:30(UTC)
Webmaster

Great to see you back, Charles! Hope you are fine.

The technicalities I leave to those better suited to deal with them...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 20 October 2010 18:07:42(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Charles. Looks like nobody is riding to your rescue at the moment. You could try posting in the Cave and see if you can get a reply.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline nevw  
#6 Posted : 21 October 2010 02:18:15(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Charles,
Most of the answer is in the topic Shuttle routes on CS2, Just 2 posts above this .
You will need a S88 , and some contact track to operate the points as well.

https://www.marklin-user...&m=256950#post256950

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline charles Sharpe  
#7 Posted : 21 October 2010 12:21:59(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Nevw.

I am a bit confused as the guy is asking the same sort of questions and is talking about cutting the power which I do not under stand and he says about using a computer to do the job. I have contact tracks in place on each track both ends and all wires back to the S88 but it will only work some of the time.What happens is it will run fine for a couple of times then one of the contact tracks stops working. ie will not switch the turnout if you flick the little pins on the contact track it will not work. I have checked all the wiring to see if I have a loose wire or dry joint but that seams ok. If you take the faulty contact track out and move it to one of the other places it will work fine.
Then you can run the two shuttles for a couple of times then the problem starts all over again.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline clapcott  
#8 Posted : 23 October 2010 01:44:44(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Hello Charles,

Just to check, does either of these three animations capture what you envision

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Either of these can be achieved with just the CS2. If you want a bit more versatility and/or including randomness then the power of PC sequencing can be brought to bare.

If the "CS2 only" option is selected then "dead sections" will need to be added to prevent both trains heading out at the same time. The Top animation would need four - one at each siding, the middle and bottom animations would only need 2.
Peter
Offline river6109  
#9 Posted : 23 October 2010 07:12:22(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Charles,
What can happen, your contact track is opening or shutting a sequence.
If it fails to go back to its neutral position, the command is still open and it will not allow any other contact track to follow on the next command.
It all depends on your command wiring, it may happen as you said for a couple of times and than it stops.
Make sure your contact track (few people had problems with), before any train operation occurs, does go back to its neutral position. You may have to add a very tiny tiny drop of superglue (place onto a toothpick) to secure the 2 plastic rods with the contact plate but insuring under no circumstances any glue does flow over to the mechanism.
To operate these wipers by hand is not a very good idea but in most cases can't be avoided, thus loosening the small plate.

A second problem occurs when the micro switch spring activated lever within the contact track is too week to send the wiper back to its neutral position.
Someone has corrected it by unsoldering the switch, taken the switch apart and corrected the spring problem.
This of course takes some precise handyman workmanship and is not recommended for someone who has'nt got this ability.

If you are using S88's you may be better off by detecting the wheels (AC) of a train (easy to setup with k-tracks), either as a whole section (no other train will enter this section while it is occupied until it is free of any wheel contact) or a small cut in the track to activate your command, instead of a wiper from an unreliable contact track.

If your train travels forward and backwards on the same track, my method may not be suitable (small cut in track) because your contact track's wiper can switch 2 commanda independently from each other, either direction.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline charles Sharpe  
#10 Posted : 23 October 2010 12:07:28(UTC)
charles Sharpe

clapcott wrote:
Hello Charles,

Just to check, does either of these three animations capture what you envision

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Either of these can be achieved with just the CS2. If you want a bit more versatility and/or including randomness then the power of PC sequencing can be brought to bare.

If the "CS2 only" option is selected then "dead sections" will need to be added to prevent both trains heading out at the same time. The Top animation would need four - one at each siding, the middle and bottom animations would only need 2.

Hello Clapcott.

If my trains ran like that I would be well pleased. The top image is like mine but I have each train goes into the same siding ie top left branch on your image would go to the top right branch. The reason I do this because two of the sidings are a bit on the short side and has I run two different lengths of trains and as shuttles wiper touches the contact track the trains stop about 50mm from the buffers and are also out of sight. I hope this makes sence.

Charles.
CHARLES SHARPE