Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline FMS  
#1 Posted : 24 September 2010 02:34:20(UTC)
FMS

Good Night everybody!

I just got my V200.0 a few days ago. Only today i manage to run it. First experiment went just fine, and the MS2 recognised the loco. I just put it to run a few seconds and then i went out for dinner. I arrived and decided to see her working again....no she doesn't moveSad
I tried to input the adress:20, nothing happened, i tried to pick it up from the MS2 locos list and she's not thereConfused

Is it ruined? Must i sent it back to the shop?

Can somebody please give me an hand?

Thank you all.

Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#2 Posted : 24 September 2010 02:43:58(UTC)
john black

United States   
In contrary to our well-proven MOTOROLA FX-decoders this MFX-thingy can be quite iffy, sometimes ... Unsure
My best advice - try a complete loco/decoder reset according to your manual. Good luck.

EDIT: BUT REMOVE ALL OTHER LOCOS FROM TRACK BEFORE DOING THE RESET !!!
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline FMS  
#3 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:01:14(UTC)
FMS

HI John, how are you?

She's acting funny...i tried the search mode, the MS2 detected Lok20, tried to reset it, one of th lights worked but nothing elseSad
What else can i do?
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#4 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:21:08(UTC)
john black

United States   
Remove 30210 from track, delete 30210 from the MS's registry completely. Shut MS OFF then ON, press STOP.
Put 30210 on track, release STOP - that MFX icon starts flashing. Wait for automatic loco registration. If ever ...
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline FMS  
#5 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:34:03(UTC)
FMS

HI John, i will try that! But now and somehow the MFX detected ther...so...the lights change according to direction, direction also changes, i manage to put the lights on/off, but the new issue is velocity...she's not respond to the MS2 inputs correctly, meaning tha i turn the knob, she starts to increase velocity but than she strats to slowdown, i move the knob again and she jumps into a high velocityConfused Confused

I will try your advice and thank you for your kindness and support, if you are able to give me more details for this last report i would be gratefulSmile
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:37:32(UTC)
john black

United States   
Huh ... a bit difficult from a distance ... but then we got a few MFX-Gurus here who oughta know more about this than I do Blushing
If nothing else works my best guess is a faulty loco decoder. Is your dealer near you ?

Offline john black  
#7 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:43:07(UTC)
john black

United States   
BTW - I'd prefer addressing you by your first name, FMS ... Smile

Offline FMS  
#8 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:48:09(UTC)
FMS

John,

I went trough all those procedures, the MFX worked, the loco appears on the MS2 display, i turned the knob and nothing.
I got this Loco from Modellbahnshop-Lippe....it's a bit away from here.
I really hate when this goes like this...you spot a loco, you wait for the release and when you finnaly manage to get it, probably it's necessary to send it backSad

John, my first name is Frederico

Regards
FMS
Offline FMS  
#9 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:52:45(UTC)
FMS

The lights work, when i change direction the lights switch according to the position, but the loco doesn't move...Confused
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#10 Posted : 24 September 2010 03:54:56(UTC)
john black

United States   
Very good, Frederico Smile

Well, before you send her back the long way I'm sure you'll get more professional help here in the world forum by tomorrow ThumpUp
Another test: do you have an analog transformer and a bit of separate track ??? That way we'll know if the beast is working, anyway ...

Offline FMS  
#11 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:05:37(UTC)
FMS

Ok, i just plugged a blue transformer to a piece of track, she runs, but the velocity looks funny it gives the sensation that it's coming in waves...meaning that its not continuousConfused
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#12 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:10:53(UTC)
john black

United States   
OK, know what you mean. Could it be her motor- and axle bearings are dry as a Martini ? (just a drop of oil will do).
Please do also check the screws of the motor shield (they could be tightened too strong thus blocking the loco's free run) ...

Offline FMS  
#13 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:21:55(UTC)
FMS

There's something wrong with the speed....i start moving the MS2 knob, she increases her speed but suddenly she decreases the velocity, i keep turning the knob and the reaction is the sameConfused
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#14 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:22:52(UTC)
john black

United States   
Please lets stay with our blue transformer testing device; repeat running -->
we still got several points on our checklist for making sure she's running, anyway ...

Did you check motor plate and bearings ?

Offline john black  
#15 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:35:42(UTC)
john black

United States   
Next points are the brushes - are they OK ? Don't laugh - I've seen brand new locos with broken brushes; even one with no brushes at all ... Crying
Then check the ski (schleifer) - remove it and look for excessive oil between schleifer and contact plate ...

Offline FMS  
#16 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:36:39(UTC)
FMS

Ok.

The behavior it's just the same. I'm out of oilSad
When i put her in contact with the track and turn the blue transformer knob the engine sounds and moves in "waves" but it's able to perform high and low speeds.

BTW when i tried to reset the loco the lights didn't blink.
I will check the brushes, no oil on the "ski" contact.
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#17 Posted : 24 September 2010 04:41:36(UTC)
john black

United States   
OK, oil isn't our most important stuff for the moment ... check the above points ...
when all is fine, lets guess we gotta deal with a faulty decoder or faulty motor.

And now please excuse me, Frederico - we're already on our way to dinner Tongue

Good luck, and by tomorrow you'll surely get more of help, here Smile

Offline H0  
#18 Posted : 24 September 2010 09:37:14(UTC)
H0

FMS wrote:
BTW when i tried to reset the loco the lights didn't blink.

This is the normal behaviour: mfx decoders do not blink while being programmed.

The rest leaves me clueless. After a reset the loco should behave normally when run in analog mode.
Oil resolves loud motor noises, but without oil she should still be running at a constant speed.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline FMS  
#19 Posted : 24 September 2010 13:12:43(UTC)
FMS

Hi there!
I found the oil and placed 2 drops.
I did a reboot to the MS2
I placed the loco on the track
The MFX detected the Loco
The lights work and change with direction
The loco didn't move

When in the track and using an analogue blue transformer, the engine runs but not in a continuous way, it sounds like if it was sticked or something, accelerate and decelerate in loopSad Sad Sad

Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#20 Posted : 24 September 2010 15:17:28(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Frederico,

since you checked everything we've been talking about to no avail I'm sure we got a broken decoder or broken motor, alas ...
And although such does happen rarely under M's new quality control today (Doc Pluta really cares about the company) - of course it can happen.
My best advice: contact your dealer for a replacement loco but he shall test her before shipping (my dealer does such on a regular basis).

Good luck for the replacement Smile
John

Offline FMS  
#21 Posted : 24 September 2010 16:17:33(UTC)
FMS

Hi John,

I guess you're right because now she makes a sound and puts the MS2 on stopOhMyGod
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#22 Posted : 24 September 2010 18:21:38(UTC)
john black

United States   
Yep - looks like a shorty in her system (decoder, commutator) ... Unsure
Since you got full warranty loading down this job at your dealership is the best way to go, now ThumpUp

Offline FMS  
#23 Posted : 29 September 2010 00:51:16(UTC)
FMS

Hi you all, Hi John!
Once again thank you for helping me.
The Loco it's on the way to the dealer. I told them about the problem, they said that must be the decoder.

I will keep you posted during the process.

Regards
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#24 Posted : 30 September 2010 02:53:16(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Frederico - that's good news. Lets hope now dealer will send you a new and tested #30210 ... ThumpUp

Offline jeehring  
#25 Posted : 30 September 2010 15:50:11(UTC)
jeehring

...90% of failures are electrical failures in terms of contact , connections, shorts, etc....
Most of the time it's almost nothing...Sometimes , one brush is just craked , or even the 2 brushes... giving this type of sporadic behaviour . ( did you check same behaviour in reverse direction ? )As you pull the brush out it comes broken in two parts...there is no other way than installing new brushes...
Now I know it's too late ....
I wish you good luck
Offline john black  
#26 Posted : 01 October 2010 02:23:25(UTC)
john black

United States   
jeehring wrote:

Sometimes , one brush is just craked , or even the 2 brushes... giving this type of sporadic behaviour . ( did you check same behaviour in reverse direction ? )As you pull the brush out it comes broken in two parts...there is no other way than installing new brushes

Of course we checked 'em. A six days back, already ...

Offline FMS  
#27 Posted : 10 October 2010 03:52:37(UTC)
FMS

John, she's backSmile
I hoppe that this time is for good!
Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#28 Posted : 11 October 2010 23:38:43(UTC)
john black

United States   
That's fine, Frederico Laugh - please give us some details when you tried her out ...

Offline FMS  
#29 Posted : 12 October 2010 00:22:53(UTC)
FMS

Hi John! How are you?

Take a look to the test driveSmile
There's also a PIC

https://www.marklin-user...aspx?g=posts&t=13521

Regards
FMS
Offline john black  
#30 Posted : 12 October 2010 03:43:35(UTC)
john black

United States   
Wow, Frederico - 13 hours of continuous running time ... now you drive her thru her paces ScaredLaugh
But that's perfectly OK - I'd do the very same. Congratulations on a nicely working red beauty !!!

Offline FMS  
#31 Posted : 12 October 2010 23:51:17(UTC)
FMS

Hi John, how are you?
Iep, i did it last Saturday. It's nice to know that i'm not the only one that put the locos to work!Laugh
There's other reason but i strongly believe that this engines get better with the time and useSmile
Good sense must also ruleSmile well, i don't do it everydaySmile
Regards
FMS