Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 19 September 2010 02:48:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hello,

I have the Roco BLS Re 420 (Re 4/4II) with OEM ESU decoder (69844) as well as the Liliput (ex-Swiss Express) coaches, which includes the pilot coach L388895 with a ESU decoder for the light functions.

The Roco Re 420.5 comes with coupling on one end only, which is the end without the pantograph. I would like to run the train with the pantograph end in front, which is coincidentally slider forward. The train would be coupled to the end which does not have the pantograph.

The problem is that no matter what I do, the red light on the pilot coach is on when the lok is pushing and the pilot coach is at the front and the white (ok, yellow) lights are on when the lok is pulling and the pilot coach is at the rear. Is there a way to reverse the lighting function on the pilot coach without having to rewire it in reverse?
I have not yet checked my Roco Re 4/4IIs and Liliput coaches in the original Swiss Express livery to see if they have the same problem, but I will do so tonight.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem with this or another consist equipped with two decoders?

UPDATE: I tested the consist with my Maerklin BLS Re 465 (39606) and concluded that the LED contacts in the pilot coach are indeed reversed. I have found that the same problem exists with the SBB Swiss Express liveried L388885 pilot coach as well.

Regards

Mike C
Offline eduard71  
#2 Posted : 19 September 2010 07:21:25(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi Mike,
If you are using a lokpilot V3.0 you can reverse the light funtion using CV 141 and CV144 (Assignment of function button headlight forward A and headlight reverse A). The value on CV 144 is 1, change it to 2. The value in CV 144 is 2, change it to 1.
This will reverse the light funtion without rewiring it. Hope this can help you.
Regards
Eduardo
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 19 September 2010 09:55:23(UTC)
H0

Hi, Mike,
I've reversed the direction of some of my Roco locos using CV 29, bit 0.

This would lead to your loco pushing the train when moving "forward" and pulling when moving "reverse".
I don't recall changing the function mapping to make this work.

Maybe CV 29 bit 0 would also do the trick if applied to the Liliput coach.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2010 00:19:44(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
@Eduardo/H0

I used my Lokprogrammer to read and examine the CVs. I don't know which specific CV I changed, but on the function page it allowed for selection of the following settings:

Columns (boxes) FS (f) FS (r) FF (f) FF (r) FL (f) FL (r) F1 (f) F1 (r) F2 (f)

The first row was marked Front Light
The second row was marked Rear Light

For the first row, the box FL (f) was selected
For the second row, the box FL (r) was selected

I selected the opposite (FL (r) for Front Light and FL (f) for Rear Light)

I then wrote the new settings to the decoder

Since then, both the BLS and Swiss Express pilot coach lights now correspond to the direction of the lok.

Has anybody else noticed the same problem with the EWIII pilot coaches with ESU decoder?

Regards

Mike C