Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 09 August 2010 21:44:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
It looks like the first of the new LS Models SBB UIC-X coaches have been released. The first eBay listing is from Huenerbein.

http://cgi.ebay.de/LS-Mo...5f478edd2#ht_3752wt_1139

The photos look very nice and I am looking forward to receiving the ones I ordered from Eurolokshop (NY) in a few weeks. For those who have not yet ordered this item, I would recommend the following dealers:

Huenerbein (Aachen) - Germany
Eyro (Interlaken) - Switzerland
Bahnorama (Bern) - Switzerland
Reisezugwagen.eu - Germany
Eurolokshop (NY) - USA

Most Swiss dealers will likely have stock as the Swiss Distributor is likely to have placed a significant order. As these coaches, like most LSM models are produced in small numbers, it may be hard to get these items from dealers who have not pre-ordered them.

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 22 August 2010 05:43:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 22 August 2010 05:46:59(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The first of these models have just arrived in Swiss shops and already they are talking about LSM reissuing these models as the batch is already sold out at the factory. If your dealer anticipated the demand, he will likely have some of these ordered beyond those preordered. If not, check with other dealers until you find one that has some in stock. The photos on some of the dealer sites have me anticipating the arrival of these coaches. Much higher detail than the older Bachmann-Liliput, Jouef or Liliput models.

Is there a drooling, salivating icon in the list of available icons? That would be me! Ok, here it isDrool

Regards

Mike C
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 08 September 2010 07:35:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I got my first sets of LS Models SBB UIC Coaches. I am trying very hard not to drool on them. WOW! They are much nicer and far better detailed than the Liliput (original and Bachmann versions) or the Jouef models. Multicolored interiors, nice decal work and they look amazing behind the Re 6/6 from the 37320 Set. I will post some photos in the next day or so. I have equipped four of the coaches with Maerklin 7203 couplers and will test them later this week when I set up the floor layout for the ICN. If the Maerklin couplers don't work, I will swap them for Roco's Universal close coupler.
I am looking forward to running some of these coaches with my LSM DB UIC-X ABm and Bm to recreate the train I took from Zuerich to Stuttgart in July 1985.
Nice memories of the trip and of the young woman I met in St. Moritz who joined me for the voyage to Zuerich and then on to StuttgartSmile .

Regards

Mike C