Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline diesel  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2010 04:50:28(UTC)
diesel

Australia   
Message for Nevw:

Hi Nevw, I note you have this problem from reading the Ecos forum.

I accidently created this problem when I stripped my Ecos down and it occurred the other day again but I fixed it within 30 minutes.

The loose connection I had ( my fault) was a broad orange flat cable( LCD connector) that comes from the screen and plugs into the main board and has 2 small pressure pins to hold the cable in place. When I did my initial Ecos strip down I dislodged about 4 cables and my screen was a real mess Cursing.

You may be able to fix the problem without dissambling the ecos by applying a little pressure onto the bottom of the Ecos (NOT THE SCREEN) in the middle of the half of the screen that blanked out. This is just to the right of the Red stop button as is where the cable is.

You may have put pressure on this area accidently and this is why it came back on.

Good Luck.

Diesel

PS if you need to dissassemble the unit a few hints from experience Cursing :

remove the speed controllers via the 4 screws underneath each controller firstly and unplug them from the main board.

Next remove the sniffer - multy pin attachment.

Remove back up batteries also.

Now remove rest of screws and carefully separate - remember cables that join the LCD screen to board are at the bottom.

GOOD LUCK - Its a heart stopper all the way but very satisfying when it works afterwards.LOL ThumpUp

PPS I presume you have dismantled lots of electronic gadgets before.
Ecos 50200, Software 4.1.2 Marklin HO K track, EcosBoost, Traincontroller Gold V9.0,B2, All track power via EcosBoost Separate programing siding. Decoders- Lokpilot V2,Lokpilotv3, Lok V4, LoksoundV4, Loksound V5, Marklin MFX and Marklin Fx. Internet Exlporer 11.0, Win 7
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2010 05:00:17(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
What was the reason it required stripping down in the first place?
Offline diesel  
#3 Posted : 05 June 2010 06:47:58(UTC)
diesel

Australia   
The rotary potentiometer was playing up.

see topic:

https://www.marklin-user...aspx?g=posts&t=15927

Diesel

Edited:

PS this problem was resolved with excellent out of warrenty help ( at no cost ) from ESU which has given me great confidence in eventually upgrading to the colour screen.ThumpUp

Edited by user 06 June 2010 01:52:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ecos 50200, Software 4.1.2 Marklin HO K track, EcosBoost, Traincontroller Gold V9.0,B2, All track power via EcosBoost Separate programing siding. Decoders- Lokpilot V2,Lokpilotv3, Lok V4, LoksoundV4, Loksound V5, Marklin MFX and Marklin Fx. Internet Exlporer 11.0, Win 7
Offline nevw  
#4 Posted : 05 June 2010 06:56:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Diesel,
Thanks,
In my case the RH half of the screen did not come on.
I did not apply pressure to the back as I did not move it. After about 4-6 attampts to fire it up I did the Reset . then worked almost normal. (Some of the routes got confused and had to be re-mapped). It is unfortunate that one does not know if the pressure trick works and the only true way to check is to open it up and destroy the warranty.

This is the second time that I have had to do a reset. First time just would not finish booting up. Did not get to the operating screen at all.

I will let it sit for a while and continue using it and if it happens again off to the ESU hospital BEFORE warranty runs out.

Will try the pressure trick this afternoon and keep fingers crossed. May consider a trade in on a new colour one.

Thanks again,

nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline David Dewar  
#5 Posted : 05 June 2010 13:51:43(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Ah. sounds like another reason for me to come in and say CS2 forever !!!

Nev. You seem to have bad luck with controllers hope you can fix it OK.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 05 June 2010 15:03:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Cmon Flash Dave, you're starting to sound like a well known Marklin Hooray Henry! WinkWink
Offline David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 05 June 2010 15:20:31(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Big D. I know but its not really serious. I just like the CS2 and as I said I didnt like the CS1 that much or the MS1 then thought I would give credit where it is due.
Nev was very unlucky with his CS2 and the service he then got from M. I do believe most would be very happy with the new CS2 although I agree it is a bit more expensive.
As for being like Hoorah Henry ...never my friend .. never.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 05 June 2010 15:41:12(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
WinkWink