Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Brakepad  
#1 Posted : 30 May 2010 12:59:05(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
Hi,

I'm having some difficulties in getting HAG pickup shoes from my local dealer, while Märklin pickup shoes are readily available.

Has anybody tried to fit Märklin pickup shoes to HAG locos? If so, which M* pickup shoe part number is good for replacing HAG pickup shoes?

Many thanks.
check out http://maerklin-back-on-track.blogspot.com if you like to see how old Märklin locos are brought back into life! (in spanish by the moment)
Offline Frankenbahner  
#2 Posted : 30 May 2010 13:13:04(UTC)
Frankenbahner

I tried to fit a Märklin pickup shoe to a Hag Re 4/4 II TEE some time before. None of the Märklin pickup shoes I tried did fit very well, the thick folded ends were a problem. So I tried a Roco 40501, the 58 mm "whisper pickup shoe", and it worked excellently.

I also have a Re 6/6 preseries running with a Brawa pickup shoe, but I don't know if this one fits with a Re 4/4.

Regards,
Florian
H0 3-rail AC with DCC, MM and mfx, 2-rail DC streetcars, and N gauge
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 30 May 2010 14:28:20(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have operated Hag loks with Maerklin sliders before, without any major problems. If you would like to order the Hag sliders, I would recommend that you order directly from Hag or via one of the bigger dealers like Zuba Tech, Barp Tech or perhaps Schweickhardt (Germany).

Most Swiss dealers will be able to order this and ship it to you.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Guus  
#4 Posted : 30 May 2010 20:22:45(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Hello Brakepad,

With the exemption of the Ae 4/7 and the BDe 4/4 models, the pickup shoe used by HAG has partnumber 160062-90.

The size and shape of Märklins 7164 current pickup shoe is almost identical to the above mentioned HAG type.

For example, Märklins Ae 6/6 is equipped with a #7164 current pickup shoe.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline Brakepad  
#5 Posted : 31 May 2010 23:05:12(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
Many thanks folks. I'll check 7164 slider out.

I know that I can order spare HAG sliders, but for such a small part, international shipping charges are insane. My local dealer can supply all available types of Märklin sliders for a fraction of the price of a hag slider ordered to a foreign dealer, and that was the reason why, if possible, and having in mind that this is a wear&tear part, I'd try to fit a Märklin spare.

Roco spares are also a great idea, and I hadn't thought about them.

Best regards.
check out http://maerklin-back-on-track.blogspot.com if you like to see how old Märklin locos are brought back into life! (in spanish by the moment)