Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Deborail  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2010 16:37:53(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
Dear Friends,

I know this is not a Roco forum, but I am interested in getting a couple of Roco locos, DC, H0 Scale, and I would like to know the following:

-Can Roco DC locos be controlled with DCC?
-Do they have a decoder installed?
-Can one fix a decoder such as the Uhlenbrock 76320 in an 8-pin slot??
-Are the locos plastic body?

These are nos. 62609 and 62971.

Appreciate your comments....
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2010 19:59:30(UTC)
H0

Hi, George!

Roco DC locos normally come without decoder, but with 8-pin socket.
Locos with pre-installed sound decoder have ESU LokSound decoders (multiprotocol, incl. DCC).
Most Roco locos have plastic bodies. Swiss crocs have metal "noses".
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Webmaster  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2010 00:15:56(UTC)
Webmaster

On the other hand, Roco loks are usually as heavy as M loks since they have a chassis of cast metal alloy so traction is just as good as with M loks.

While M tries to make space inside their locos by casting also the body in metal, Roco loks usually fills upp the interior with cast metal and slap a thin plastic body over it. It's 2 different approaches to get weight & traction and sometimes you will have to carve some metal in Roco chassies to get a a non-LokPilot decoder of choice in place. But since Roco nowadays almost always have a LokSound option, there should be enough space also in the chassies for "any" DCC decoder.
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2010 01:32:39(UTC)
H0

Deborail wrote:
These are nos. 62609 and 62971.

Just visited the Roco site.

62971 (DB BR 365 with Telex) already comes with a decoder (presumably a full featured ESU LokPilot to protect the digital couplers).

62609 (red Le Capitole) comes without decoder, but with NEM socket. I can't say anything about this loco.
But it sure looks good (AC version not available).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Deborail  
#5 Posted : 29 May 2010 11:50:41(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
That is encouraging news, maybe I will get both...But I think the SNCF loco is still not available....It is a new item...I love this loco because as a child I had a green Lima version and it never really worked well. I also want a v60 and the trix model is hard to find....
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.