Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2010 20:15:12(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Found 5 m track uncouplers, but the number stamped on the underside of some of them is 3601EK; as far as i know the number should be 5112?
And one has a strange curved end plastic uncoupler piece - Does not have the usual chamfered ends.The track on most of them was horribly rusted, and loads of old glued on ballast, but some serious cleaning and 3 of the 5 are working!...and I found a bumper track end, with a light, and it works...what a good good day....now to get the other 2 uncouplers to function, probably needs re-wiring, oh boy, my eyes are not so good when it comes to soldering such tiny items!!
Joe M
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 25 April 2010 20:23:29(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Joe Meiring wrote:
Found 5 m track uncouplers, but the number stamped on the underside of some of them is 3601EK; as far as i know the number should be 5112?
And one has a strange curved end plastic uncoupler piece - Does not have the usual chamfered ends.The track on most of them was horribly rusted, and loads of old glued on ballast, but some serious cleaning and 3 of the 5 are working!...and I found a bumper track end, with a light, and it works...what a good good day....now to get the other 2 uncouplers to function, probably needs re-wiring, oh boy, my eyes are not so good when it comes to soldering such tiny items!!
Joe M

Joe, in 1957 they renumbered M-track from the 36xx series to the 51xx/52xx series. This was about the same time as they changed loco numbers from xx800 to 3xxx.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.