Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2010 00:37:20(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hey everyone,
I'm currently helping my father rebuild his layout, and in the past month have made a TON of progress. Trains are running, 2 signal systems are installed, a CS1 with ESU update kit installed, added a reversing loop and more!

I'm now getting into track work and repair off the main line; specifically the 7286 turntable which my father said wasn't working. I pulled if off the layout, gave it a good dusting and cleaning, hooked up the wires (properly- the instruction manual is wrong!) and got the piece in business on the test bench.

I then installed it back on the layout. The turntable certainly wants to work, but had a few issues. I pounded out some rails (gently!) on the attachment tracks that meet the deck for clearance and a few things of the like. I worked out all the bugs except one, and I can't seem to sort it out.

In one specific spot the turntable goes to a near (if not complete) stop every time around, with or without locomotive. It is not a clearance issue, and a slight nudge gets it going again.

Any ideas? Perhaps a hidden electrical contact acting up? (although I don't suspect a power interruption based on the way it never quite stalls) I'm scared I'll burn out the motor if I leave it as is...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline ac jacko  
#2 Posted : 20 April 2010 12:05:55(UTC)
ac jacko

Hope you post some progress pics as you go and especially hoping getting this issue fixed as well