Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline sudibarba  
#1 Posted : 13 March 2010 07:05:50(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
A small issue, but it bothers me as I have not found a solution I like. On the flat drum motors some (all?) have an oil reserve that feeds the armature shaft. There is a piece of fiber in the cup that holds the oil. What do you (or Marklin) use as the fiber media that sits in the cup? I've tried a number of things but not found one that seems to be like the original.

Thanks,
Eric
Offline Brakepad  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2010 02:16:26(UTC)
Brakepad

France, Metropolitan   
Hallo Eric,

I've been using some foam cuttings from a scrubber. The foam should be slightly larger than the cup so it's kept tight in place.

I've overhauled several locomotives with this "system", it works well and keeps the oil for a long time:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
check out http://maerklin-back-on-track.blogspot.com if you like to see how old Märklin locos are brought back into life! (in spanish by the moment)
Offline sudibarba  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2010 02:49:12(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Brakepad wrote:
Hallo Eric,

I've been using some foam cuttings from a scrubber. The foam should be slightly larger than the cup so it's kept tight in place.

I've overhauled several locomotives with this "system", it works well and keeps the oil for a long time:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thanks, I have looked at scrubbers over here but they mostly have longer fibers after I cut them. Will keep looking for something like those. Need a brand name but may not be available in USA.

Eric
Offline Darren W  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2010 03:36:43(UTC)
Darren W

Canada   
How about using felt from a crafting store? You should be able to buy a small piece that would last a long time.

Darren
Offline sudibarba  
#5 Posted : 15 March 2010 05:20:13(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Darren Watalla wrote:
How about using felt from a crafting store? You should be able to buy a small piece that would last a long time.

Darren

Sounds like a good idea. Have plently of green felt that I use on the inside backside of the display cases I make. This topic may seem silly to most but I already have learned all about digital conversions, 6021's, CS1, Cs2 and a lot of other stuff on the forum. Little things are of interest now.

Thanks,
Eric