Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Writhdar  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2010 19:28:51(UTC)
Writhdar

I assumed the Marklin Magazine layouts (e.g., Part 40 from 01/2009) were done with WinTrack. However, I find that I have to modify the plan when I try to draw it using WinTrack. For example, in Part 40, the concealed track segments overlap, rather than being separated from one another, when I do the plan with Wintrack. I am using the version 9.0 demo. I have also encountered this - needing to add/subtract/modify track pieces with other Marklin Mag layouts. I actually first encountered this when I used the Xtrakcad program. I then tried WinTrack to see if the programs were different - however, I get the same result with both programs.

I am curious if others have encountered this.
Offline Nightowl4933  
#2 Posted : 29 July 2010 18:23:41(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Hi Writhdar,

Actually, I've found this with practically every piece of track design software - even my favourite one, AnyRail Cursing

I tried to transfer the track plans included with the M* books and leaflets without success, but I think this phenomenon is referred to as 'easement' Confused

Good luck!

Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?
Offline Writhdar  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2010 22:35:36(UTC)
Writhdar

Hi Pete,

The author of the track plan that is published in Marklin Magazine has modified some track connections so as to fit in the space allotted and to also not have segments overlap. This is done at a track connection with the "twist track" command - see below.

Ralf Schneider (info@wintrack.de) from WinTrack's English Help site has indicated what Marklin's "trick" is:

"...the accuracy is always the same.
But when you draw a layout, you can manipulate the angles of the tracks at the connection point.
Use menu "Edit | Twist track" to do that. MM did it this way.
Then it differs from the "correct" layout ...."

Dan
Offline efel  
#4 Posted : 30 July 2010 00:03:49(UTC)
efel

France   
Interesting trick!

Thanks Dan

Fred