Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dodos  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2010 00:58:19(UTC)
dodos

Is a time to upgrade my system ( from 6021 to mobile station to ????)
so I am thinking about Esu Command Station 50200

Read below ...and tell me about

UserPostedImage

The text below is from LokShop ( http://shop.lokshop.de/p...g7cnj60s96ttap2dv9p07fap )

ESU presents to you the second generation of our successful ECoS command station. With the release of the new ECoS, ESU continues to offer state-of-the-art digital technology combined with contemporary functional range and easy handling; all this for a fair price-performance ratio. The most important change regarding the new ECoS command station will immediately catch your eye: the large display now shows all its information in color. The clearness of the display has been improved by a transfigured operator interface and considerably higher contrast values. The number and the arrangement of the function keys has been examined very carefully and subsequently revised: the new ECoS has 9 function keys per integrated cab. The light-, and function keys 1 to 8 show the current state of the function via LEDs.

Apart from that, the new ECoS has all the positive features of its forerunner. It is understood, that both devices will be continuously developed in parallel and thus be identical in their functional range. Therefore ESU guarantees all owners of an ECoS command station a fully protected investment: all kinds of accessories will be usable for all ECoS generations. Discover the fascinating possibilities of the ECoS command station on the following pages. But take heed: ECoS performance is so good, that even we had to re-read a few passages to believe it!

ECoS Features
With an ECoS command station you acquire an open system. As is expected of ESU, from the beginning we wanted to be open to, and compatible with, present systems and norms. Just like our decoders, the ECoS is a real multi-protocol command station. As a multi-protocol command station, ECoS supports DCC, Märklin® Motorola®, Selectrix® and - which is new since 2009 - the M4 data protocol. M4 drives and controls locomotives equipped with mfx® decoders without any restrictions. M4 is completely compatible. You can even continue to use almost all of your present loco decoders.

With an ECoS you can run locos: via two integrated cabs with large, easy-grasp motor driven throttle knobs and nine precise click-function keys you control your locos. In combination with the touch screen, you can control up to 20 functions per engine.

ECoS controls turnouts and magnetic articles: a large, graphical track plan provides you access for up to 1420 turnouts (DCC or Motorola® protocol).

With ECoS you can plan and control routes: simply put turnouts and magnetic accessories graphically in groups and switch them together. Routes will be activated either by feedback contacts or by key. You can even use s88 occupancy detectors or ECoSDetector feedback modules.

With ECoS you can operate shuttle trains very easily: put a rail contact at both ends of the track and ECoS will do the rest. The ECoS built-in booster has so much power that, in most cases, you dont need additional ones. ECoS supports EcoSlink, a high-speed bus system, based on CAN, that transmits data instantaneously to the command station.

With ECoS, never before has it been so simple to program your decoders: the large, colored TFT screen offers good contrast and displays a lot of information in unabbreviated text. A programming track establishes contact with your decoders.

Of course, the ECoS has a pre-installed DCC RailCom® function: with its "global detector" it recognizes RailCom®-compatible decoders (e.g. our LokPilot V3.0 decoder) directly on the main track. You also have the possibility to feedback the turnout position via the SwitchPilot to the ECoS command station. ECoS is compatible. Besides Selectrix®, Märklin®-Motorola®, and M4, ECoS speaks all variants of the DCC-Norm. With the integrated analog controllers (joysticks) you can even control the whistle of LokSound decoders, never before more precisely. ECoS is expandable. Each ECoS command station sports a network port for connection with a computer. Thus you can update software or use a computer for operation.

Who needs ECoS?
ECoS is basically the central station for all. Beginners, who are looking for a simple-to-operate cab, will be at home right away: the large, graphic touch screen display shows all information in plain text; in case of doubt use the integrated help function. Never was it easier to switch to digital control. And ECoS runs DC or AC driven trains. Even model railroaders, who alredy own a digital command station, should step up to ECoS: next to the extreme simple inputs, and the possibilities for route-and shuttle train programming, you will learn to appreciate the manifold programming features for decoders. You can connect your present equipment to the input of EcoSniffer, and continue to use it: you dont need to discard anything that you want to keep using! Due to its enormous output-performance, the ECoS command station is recommended especially for operators of Gauge 1 or G layouts: at last you can run multiple trains without an external booster. Total interplay with our LokSound XL V3.5 decoders is matter of fact.

More information at
http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/catalogues/
Antonios
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2010 01:17:29(UTC)
H0

Hi!
dodos wrote:
Read below ...and tell me about

AFAIK ECoS 50200 shares the code base with ECoS 50000 and CS 1 reloaded (which I have).
They both work with many nice features (but a few nasty bugs).
They have some features that are still missing from CS 2.

You can have a 5+1 loco list for each throttle allowing quick access to 10 (12) locos.
You can dim the lights and change the function assignment of mfx locos.
It comes with a stabilized power supply and 4 A booster output.
Thease features are missing with CS 2.

CS 2 is also easy to use, also has a colour display and also supports DCC (but without Railcom so far).

I can't tell which controller will be the better choice in the long run. The hardware is defined, but new features come with software updates.
How long will ESU provide free updates?
How long will Märklin provide free updates?
Which company do you trust more?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline clapcott  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2010 01:31:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Give me a break ...!

.... offer state-of-the-art digital technology ...

.... fair price-performance ratio....

.... It is understood, ....

.... that even we had to re-read a few passages to believe it!

.... and compatible with ... norms....

.... almost all ....

.... simply ....

.... instantaneously ...

.... never before has it been so simple to program your decoders ....

.... Of course, ....

.... Who needs ECoS?

Talk about a turn off
Peter
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2010 03:04:08(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Peter,

is this a "yes" for Märklin or a "yes" for ESU ?
John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mvd71  
#5 Posted : 23 January 2010 06:59:29(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Quote:
Give me a break ...!

.... almost all ....

.... simply ....

.... instantaneously ...

.... Of course, ....

.... Who needs ECoS?

Talk about a turn off

I guess the marketing talk inspired you as much as meBored

My answer would have to be, look at what your real needs are on the layout, ie what you are trying to achieve, and then select a controller that best suits those requirements.

There is no point in buying an ECOS or a CS2 if all you want is some extended functions on the loco's. A MS2 might be sufficient.

Cheers....

Mike.
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 23 January 2010 09:30:18(UTC)
Goofy

clapcott wrote:
Give me a break ...!

.... almost all ....

.... simply ....

.... instantaneously ...

.... Of course, ....

.... Who needs ECoS?

Talk about a turn off

It´s better than CS2 anyway!
Because with Ecos you will also have transformer at 90 VA in the box!
Which Marklin doesn´t!!!
So Marklin CS2 is far expensive than Ecos!
Ecos can been using by of all trainmodeller.

Flapper
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 23 January 2010 14:51:33(UTC)
H0

Goofy wrote:
Because with Ecos you will also have transformer at 90 VA in the box!

You miss the important point: it's not a transformer, it's a stabilized power supply.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline TomB  
#8 Posted : 23 January 2010 14:56:19(UTC)
TomB

H0 wrote:
You miss the important point: it's not a transformer, it's a stabilized power supply.

Yes, that is very good. And Esu has got a very good forum. I have a ECoS 1 and I will buy the ECoS 2 as well.
Esu will start to deliver in calenderweek 5.
Tom Blikstad
HO, german/swiss trains, Märklin K+C, ECoS I+II,
Viessmann, Kühn, MBTronik, WinDigipet 2012, WinTrack 11
Offline Goofy  
#9 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:40:38(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:

What are you writing about...??? Confused
Transformer or stabilized power supply,it doesn´t matter!
Marklin don´t have it,when you ARE SHOPPING an CS!
With Ecos,you do it!
It follows with in the box.

Laugh
H0
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:43:21(UTC)
H0

Goofy wrote:
What are you writing about...??? Confused
Transformer or stabilized power supply,it doesn´t matter!

It makes a big difference - to those who are in the know ... Flapper Flapper Flapper
I know what I'm writing about. Wink
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#11 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:44:00(UTC)
Goofy

TomB wrote:

Nice to hear about it...! ThumpUp
I see forward to see testresults first,before to perhaps buy one Ecos 50200.

Mellow
H0
Offline Purellum  
#12 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:51:00(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
H0 posted:

It makes a big difference - to those who are in the know ... Flapper Flapper Flapper
I know what I'm writing about. Glare

And you are correct BigGrin

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline Goofy  
#13 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:53:11(UTC)
Goofy

H0 wrote:
I know what I'm writing about. Wink

Then in case...why don´t Marklin do it in the same way???

Flapper
H0
Offline Goofy  
#14 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:56:37(UTC)
Goofy

Purellum wrote:
Cool

And you are correct BigGrin

Per.

Cool

For whom...???
ESU´s stabilized power supply is an galvanized transformer.

Flapper Flapper Flapper
H0
Offline Purellum  
#15 Posted : 23 January 2010 16:14:10(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
Goofy goofed again:

ESU´s stabilized power supply is an galvanized transformer.

Strange. I belive it is a "Switch mode power supply" LOL LOL LOL

Link: http://www.esu.eu/index....f6b0965d49e6cf89c3ead303

Per.

Cool

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
Offline jeehring  
#16 Posted : 23 January 2010 17:44:02(UTC)
jeehring

quantity doesn't mean quality...
Offline Goofy  
#17 Posted : 23 January 2010 18:34:38(UTC)
Goofy

Purellum wrote:
Cool

Strange. I belive it is a "Switch mode power supply" LOL LOL LOL

Link: http://www.esu.eu/index....f6b0965d49e6cf89c3ead303

Per.

Cool

Yes...but if you shall have switch mode by control power supply,transformer must been galvanized inside!
ZIMO has galvanized transformer,just because theirs digitalsystem has controlled power supply out to the track too.
ZIMO digitalsystem are galvanized,just like Ecos too!!!

Cool
H0
Offline Marius in Africa  
#18 Posted : 23 January 2010 19:59:39(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
TomB wrote:
Yes, that is very good. And Esu has got a very good forum. I have a ECoS 1 and I will buy the ECoS 2 as well.

This is good news Tom. ESU was not to keen to commit to a date when i asked this question on their forum late last year.
Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
Offline TomB  
#19 Posted : 23 January 2010 21:15:47(UTC)
TomB

I ordered my ECoS 2 from Hamburg today. BigGrin

Prices in this shop tell me also what you get for your money:

Mä CS 2: 750 euro (power supply 3 A not included)

Esu ECoS 2: 600 euro (with power supply 5 A)
Tom Blikstad
Offline dodos  
#20 Posted : 23 January 2010 22:56:47(UTC)
dodos

Hello Tom
I thought that Ecos 50200 is not yet produced. In http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...m/ecos-50200-dcc-system/ says that: Delivery Day --> Available 1st quarter 2010
Tell me about.
Thanks
Many Thanks for all replies.
Antonios
Offline jeehring  
#21 Posted : 24 January 2010 00:24:45(UTC)
jeehring

Actually, Ecos is not available . Not yet .
Description has been made several months ago...on paper ( flyer/catalogue/commercial) and internet only.
Since last July , the delivery has been postponed many times
Offline H0  
#22 Posted : 24 January 2010 00:39:50(UTC)
H0

dodos wrote:
Hello Tom
I thought that Ecos 50200 is not yet produced. In http://www.esu.eu/en/pro...m/ecos-50200-dcc-system/ says that: Delivery Day --> Available 1st quarter 2010

ESU wrote on their site on January 22 (in German) that the first items will be shipped in the 5th week of this year, but that it'll be enf of february until all pre-ordered stations will be delivered.

BTW: 5th week starts on February 1.

See here (German):
https://www.esu.eu/news/...g-steht-vor-der-tuer/57/

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Darren W  
#23 Posted : 24 January 2010 04:32:40(UTC)
Darren W

Canada   
TomB wrote:
I ordered my ECoS 2 from Hamburg today. BigGrin

Prices in this shop tell me also what you get for your money:

Mä CS 2: 750 euro (power supply 3 A not included)

Esu ECoS 2: 600 euro (with power supply 5 A)

Thanks for the information Tom. I look forward to hearing first hand reviews.

I think this quote hits the mark with what Goofy was trying to say earlier in the thread. Marklin CS2 is great and all but is does cost more and then you need to add a sufficient power supply (transformer Wink ). I am sure that Esu has this planned to make their unit seem more attractive. Works for me.

Darren
Offline nevw  
#24 Posted : 24 January 2010 06:28:19(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
a few months ago I had the chance to test the Ecos 1. I was impressed with it and obtained one. Prior to that I had ordered the CS1 Upgrade (Cs3 Upgraded) from a dealer. Unfortunately the upgrade was in transit and I could not cancel it. Anyway I sold the CS1 and the Upgrade for a good price.

I am very happy with the ECOS 1, only thing I miss is the pushing down on the speed control to chane direction but I am getting over that.
Not haveing my layout up and running I cannot use all of the features, but I have some routes installed and the shuttle run,

I am very Very tempted the Ecos2.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Marius in Africa  
#25 Posted : 24 January 2010 07:06:48(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
H0 wrote:
ESU wrote on their site on January 22 (in German) that the first items will be shipped in the 5th week of this year, but that it'll be enf of february until all pre-ordered stations will be delivered.

BTW: 5th week starts on February 1.

See here (German):
https://www.esu.eu/news/...g-steht-vor-der-tuer/57/

Thanks Tom

I did translated the German text using Google (it is not very good though) and could not quite understand the bit about the users manual.

Will you please help with the interpretation of the German text regarding the user manual?

Regards
Marius in Africa

HO, ECoS 2, Märklin C-track, any country, any design, any era & any brand which i like.
Offline TomB  
#26 Posted : 24 January 2010 09:32:18(UTC)
TomB

Hello Marius.

You mean this ?

Wie üblich wollen wir Ihnen schon vorab die Möglichkeit geben, die Betriebsanleitung zu studieren,
damit Sie nach Erhalt des Gerätes gleich "loslegen" können.

As usual, we want in advance to give you the opportunity to study the instruction manual,
so you can start immediately after receiving your ECoS.

But, there is only a german manual.

I don't know how long Esu will have to make the english manual.

Delivery:

Esu say that normal delivery will start end of February. They have got a lot of preorders to deliver first.

My experience with the Ecos Control Radio, I had preordered and got it quickly. Some other Esu forum members
did not, but got one ECORA very early.

What I try to say: If you are lucky with your dealer you might have your ecos2 after a few weeks .... Angry Blushing BigGrin
Tom Blikstad
Offline Goofy  
#27 Posted : 24 January 2010 10:22:48(UTC)
Goofy

nevw wrote:

I am very happy with the ECOS 1, only thing I miss is the pushing down on the speed control to chane direction

Nev

Has this to do about motorized control knobs...???

Confused
H0
Offline Marius in Africa  
#28 Posted : 24 January 2010 11:10:11(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
TomB wrote:
Hello Marius.

You mean this ?

Wie üblich wollen wir Ihnen schon vorab die Möglichkeit geben, die Betriebsanleitung zu studieren,
damit Sie nach Erhalt des Gerätes gleich "loslegen" können.

As usual, we want in advance to give you the opportunity to study the instruction manual,
so you can start immediately after receiving your ECoS.

But, there is only a german manual.

I don't know how long Esu will have to make the english manual.

Delivery:

Esu say that normal delivery will start end of February. They have got a lot of preorders to deliver first.

My experience with the Ecos Control Radio, I had preordered and got it quickly. Some other Esu forum members
did not, but got one ECORA very early.

What I try to say: If you are lucky with your dealer you might have your ecos2 after a few weeks .... Angry Blushing BigGrin

Thank you Tom.

It is a pity that ESU does not make the effort with the English manual as well. Surely they must have learnt from the EcoS (50000) and their other products that they have many international customers as well! Mad

I placed my order on 22/09/2009 with Lokshop; i have no idea how many orders they have to fullfill. At least delivery is now sooner rather than later. Drool

Regards

Marius in Africa

Offline nevw  
#29 Posted : 24 January 2010 11:29:41(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Marius in Africa wrote:
Thank you Tom.

It is a pity that ESU does not make the effort with the English manual as well. Surely they must have learnt from the EcoS (50000) and their other products that they have many international customers as well! Mad

I placed my order on 22/09/2009 with Lokshop; i have no idea how many orders they have to fullfill. At least delivery is now sooner rather than later. Drool

Regards

I believe that there is a team in Melbourne, Australia working on translating the manuals.

ThumpUp

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Purellum  
#30 Posted : 24 January 2010 11:35:59(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Quote:
I believe that there is a team in Melbourne, Australia working on translating the manuals.

To Australian or to English ??? LOL LOL LOL

Per.

Cool

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#31 Posted : 24 January 2010 13:08:05(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Purellum wrote:
Cool

To Australian or to English ??? LOL LOL LOL

Per.

Cool

TO English which is different to American English which is different to all other English Dialects

NNNNBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp
Offline TomB  
#32 Posted : 28 January 2010 09:28:27(UTC)
TomB

The release of the ECoS 2 is coming closer. A few days ?

The first test report is supposed to come within one week ....

I have ordered my ECoS 2, but when will it be sent ??
It should be around 1. of March.
Tom Blikstad
Offline David Dewar  
#33 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:04:26(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
The CS2 will out sell any ECOS and I expect that Marklin will keep the CS2 up to date with all their locos etc.
If it is just cash then ECOS is cheaper but their past efforts with the MS1 and no boosters etc for the CS1 was poor but they will try their best to compete with Marklin and I expect will always be cheaper but they dont make your models and if Marklin could cut them out using their system I expect they would.
Ti save cash then I would buy ECOS but as a Marklin user I would. buy the CS2.
Basically I dont need ESU for anything but I sure do need Marklin to survive.

Dave (free advert for M now over lol)
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline supermoee  
#34 Posted : 28 January 2010 12:05:42(UTC)
supermoee

Switzerland   
Hello,

you want to hear my opinion?

Following the hardware data and the Info you can read on the ESU homepage it is clear that:

- the new Ecos will have same slow hardware than the EcoS 1 (a little bit more Memory for the colour screen)
- The only difference is the colour screen, 1 button more and the stick if I understood correctly
- the software development will be the same in parallel for the EcoS1 and 2, only adapted to the colour screen

From this information I can believe that the new EcoS will be exactly the same than the old EcoS, only in colour. So for me it is not a reason to spend montey to switch from a CS1 reloaded/EcoS 1 to an Ecos 2

From the short experience I had with EcoS 2 I can tell that the exemplar I saw had:

- the quality of the colour screen is not up to date. The colour brigthness and sharpeness of the image is only average
- the speed of the system is as low as the EcoS1
- the stability of the software was bad (but this they solved I hope)

So resuming I can say:

ESU comes out too late with a new "old" central, which does not offer anything more than the old EcoS, except for a little bit of colour on the screen.
People who where satisfied with their EcoS1 does not need necessarly a EcoS2, there is not really a killer advantage which would justify to spend money in a new one.

Who wanted to have a colour screen and already bought a CS2 (more than 1 year ago!!!) for sure will not "downgrade" to a EcoS2 with poor screen quality and slow hardware.
Starting April 2010 Märklin will sell stabilized power supplies too.
600 Euro for the EcoS2, an obsolete piece of old hardware (more than 6 years old) are too much(and do not forget this platform development was kindly offered by Märklin through the CS1).
The CS2 can be found at 559 Euros, a good price for a powerful piece of new hardware with a lot of potential in it.

The same impression I have for the Intellibox II. Nothing really new compared to the old one, except one low resolution screen. Not really heavy arguments to buy it. And it cames out tooooo late. Who wanted to have a new generation central already bought it and will not change it until the next generation step.

This is my own opinion an the world does not have to agree with it Smile

rgds

Stephan

Edited by user 28 January 2010 16:41:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline dntower85  
#35 Posted : 28 January 2010 17:16:00(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
If the CS2 had Railcom and more amps and a transformer included, it would make this an easy decision, I really like the CS2 interface. But am waiting to see the ECos 50200 in action. I was told that the first ECoS 50200 wont make it to the states till mid summer, so that give me time to hear some reviews.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline DRG  
#36 Posted : 28 January 2010 19:03:43(UTC)
DRG

Hi supermoee,

will it also be possible to adjust the output voltage of the new Märklin power supply ????

From which source do you have the information that Märklin will come up with a stabilized power supply ????

Best regards

DRG
By the end of september 2014 the US Army will leave Schweinfurt after almost seventy years. This is a very sad news.
a salute to Schweinfurt http://www.schweinfurt.army.mil/infovault/salute.html
Offline jeehring  
#37 Posted : 28 January 2010 19:59:17(UTC)
jeehring

excuse me, what is stabilized power supply for ? As all my digital commands and many other digital commands work without stabilized supply, is it useful ?
thank you
Offline jeehring  
#38 Posted : 28 January 2010 20:16:29(UTC)
jeehring

dntower85 wrote:
If the CS2 had Railcom and more amps and a transformer included, it would make this an easy decision, I really like the CS2 interface. But am waiting to see the ECos 50200 in action. I was told that the first ECoS 50200 wont make it to the states till mid summer, so that give me time to hear some reviews.

As the hardware of CS2 is already bidirectional made with bidirectionnal input/output , if there is some demand, implementing Railcom through updates shouldn't be a problem. (I think)
With actual ECOS (monochome screen) Railcom doesn't really work. I Read some forums: they have to disconnect it to make S88 modules working correctly. ESU Electronics modules for railcom are not available, not yet.
Offline dmeephd  
#39 Posted : 28 January 2010 20:50:27(UTC)
dmeephd

A stabilized power supply, sometimes known as a regulated power supply, is an embedded circuit, or stand alone unit, the function of which is to supply a stable voltage (or less often current), to a circuit or device that must be operated within certain power supply limits. The output from the stabilized power supply may be alternating or unidirectional, but is nearly always DC (Direct Current).

The type of stabilization used may be restricted to ensuring that the output remains within certain limits under various load conditions, or it may also include compensation for variations in its own supply source. The latter is much more common today.

A switched-mode power supply (SMPS) works on a different principle. AC mains input is directly rectified without the use of a transformer, to obtain a DC voltage. This voltage is then sliced into small pieces by a high-speed electronic switch. The size of these slices grows larger as power output requirements increase.

The input power slicing occurs at a very high speed (typically 10 kHz — 1 MHz). High frequency and high voltages in this first stage permit much smaller step down transformers than are in a linear power supply. After the transformer secondary, the AC is again rectified to DC. To keep output voltage constant, the power supply needs a sophisticated feedback controller to monitor current draw by the load.
David Martin, Ph.D.
Modelleisenbahner seit 1979
Offline H0  
#40 Posted : 28 January 2010 21:48:16(UTC)
H0

Hi!
DRG wrote:
will it also be possible to adjust the output voltage of the new Märklin power supply ????

From which source do you have the information that Märklin will come up with a stabilized power supply ????

The new items brochure says "Schaltnetzteil" (switch-mode power supply) for all 2010 starter sets.

No information about adjustability. I presume M* will prevent it's customers from wrong voltage levels by supplying non-adjustable power supplies.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#41 Posted : 28 January 2010 21:50:12(UTC)
H0

jeehring wrote:
excuse me, what is stabilized power supply for ? As all my digital commands and many other digital commands work without stabilized supply, is it useful ?

It sure is useful - but some (older) devices require AC.
See also here:
https://www.marklin-user...aspx?g=posts&t=15280
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Marius in Africa  
#42 Posted : 29 January 2010 16:34:02(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
TomB wrote:
The release of the ECoS 2 is coming closer. A few days ?

The first test report is supposed to come within one week ....

I have ordered my ECoS 2, but when will it be sent ??
It should be around 1. of March.

Hi Tom

Any news, week 5 is history (workwise for me anyway). Do you know whether ESU dispatched any shipments yet? My hope is that Lokshop will be getting some next week. This new toy makes me quite excited. BigGrin

Regards
Marius in Africa

Offline DRG  
#43 Posted : 29 January 2010 18:07:51(UTC)
DRG

H0 wrote:
Hi!

The new items brochure says "Schaltnetzteil" (switch-mode power supply) for all 2010 starter sets.

No information about adjustability. I presume M* will prevent it's customers from wrong voltage levels by supplying non-adjustable power supplies.

Thanks Tom!!

Best Regards
DRG
By the end of september 2014 the US Army will leave Schweinfurt after almost seventy years. This is a very sad news.
a salute to Schweinfurt http://www.schweinfurt.army.mil/infovault/salute.html
Offline TomB  
#44 Posted : 29 January 2010 18:54:20(UTC)
TomB

One dealer got 4 ECoS 2 today .................

I am sure somebody is playing today BigGrin BigGrin

Somebody say: It is first class !!
Tom Blikstad
Offline H0  
#45 Posted : 29 January 2010 19:19:39(UTC)
H0

Marius in Africa wrote:
Any news, week 5 is history

In Germany it's still week 4. Week 5 starts on Monday (March 1).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Marius in Africa  
#46 Posted : 29 January 2010 19:27:53(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
H0 wrote:
In Germany it's still week 4. Week 5 starts on Monday (March 1).

Hi Tom

I hope your week 5 starts on the 1st of Feb and not on the 1st of March. LOL

On a serious note though, in which week does your calender then put 1, 2 & 3 Jan of 2010 - the last week of 2009?

Regards
Marius in Africa

Offline TomB  
#47 Posted : 29 January 2010 19:30:48(UTC)
TomB

Yes, so the delivery started end of week 4 ---
Tom Blikstad
Offline Marius in Africa  
#48 Posted : 30 January 2010 12:21:41(UTC)
Marius in Africa

South Africa   
TomB wrote:
Yes, so the delivery started end of week 4 ---

Hi Tom

Lokshop's web store now also show this items as "in stock" and my back order list show this as well. I guess i will receive a package soon. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I notice on your profile signature the name Kühn. Google does not provide information on this "name", which products do they supply?

Regards
Marius in Africa

Offline TomB  
#49 Posted : 30 January 2010 13:27:43(UTC)
TomB

Torsten Kühn oder Kuehn is producing loc decoders, nice locos scale N and other electric devices.

I bought som T145 and N025 decoders a while ago. Working well and a good price.
I met mr. Kühn some times (Dortmund, Köln).

I bought a lot for modell railway colleges in Norway.

Now, some people wait for decoders N45 and T65 to come.

Link Kuehn
Tom Blikstad
Offline H0  
#50 Posted : 30 January 2010 14:35:03(UTC)
H0

Marius in Africa wrote:
I hope your week 5 starts on the 1st of Feb and not on the 1st of March. LOL

Touché! Blushing

Marius in Africa wrote:
On a serious note though, in which week does your calender then put 1, 2 & 3 Jan of 2010 - the last week of 2009?

The first Thursday in a year marks week 1. (Weeks start on Monday.)
January 1 is week 52 or 53 (unless it's a Thursday).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage