Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline charles Sharpe  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2009 23:20:56(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Is it possible to back up the currant soft ware of my CS2 with a USB stick before I add the new update.
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline sudibarba  
#2 Posted : 18 November 2009 04:09:00(UTC)
sudibarba

United States   
Quote:
Originally posted by charles Sharpe
<br />Is it possible to back up the currant soft ware of my CS2 with a USB stick before I add the new update.
[/quotE

All I have ever done is plug my CS2 into my router and let it call home and update. No problems - so easy. I've had mine from early on and don't see any reason to use the USB stick when I have a high speed router to plug into. If you don't , maybe a friend does. Only takes a few minuites.
Eric
Offline charles Sharpe  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2009 10:28:22(UTC)
charles Sharpe

Hello Eric.

As I am not very good at these things how do I go about this. Do I need the mains lead which socket on CS to which socket at router[:(]
CHARLES SHARPE
Offline Fredrik  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2009 12:22:15(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hi,

you can not backup the current software of your CS2 before updating it. You can however backup your settings in it (locos, accessories, layouts etc.) to a USB-stick.

To perform the backup using a router you should connect the network socket of the CS2 to any LAN-socket of your router/switch. Then you power up the CS2 normally.
Once it has started you go into "Setup" and select "Update". It will then connect and receive the update files automatically. Finally it will ask you if you wish to perform the update and when you accept the update will be performed.
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren