Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jorge  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2004 18:12:11(UTC)
jorge

Hi,
I'm starting now a layout with 14 electric turnouts and other electric switch devices.
My question is; can buy the old digital commands, keyboards transformers memory etc. to control this devices and use the new mobilstation only for the locos?
The question n2 is; the 6036 control and the mobil station can use in the same layout ?

Many thanks for the help.

Jorge
Offline Charlie  
#2 Posted : 23 May 2004 19:58:00(UTC)
Charlie

Hello Jorge,

Welcome to Juhan's masterpiece, this great forum!

You actually need the old digital units for all your accessories, turnouts etc.

The new Mobil Station will only control locomotives. I see it as a hand throttle for your locomotives.

Charlie

Offline jorge_vilarrubi  
#3 Posted : 23 May 2004 20:14:20(UTC)
jorge_vilarrubi

Hi Jorge, take a time to analyze Uhlenbrock Daisy, a cheapr option than the Intellibox. The IB too is the solution for having both loco and turnout control in practically unlimited quantities, but I believe Daisy is good for medium-size layouts. 80 Motorola locos (256 with Uhlenbrock decoders), 9999 with DCC, 256 turnouts. Many accesories can be connected. Art.-Nr. 64200 mit H0-Decoder 76520 could be an interesting starting option, sold for 269Eur. Central, handcontrol, trafo, a DC-loco decoder with load control, a turnout-decoder for 2 turnouts/signals.
Regards.
Jorge Vilarrubí
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Offline jorge  
#4 Posted : 24 May 2004 02:41:10(UTC)
jorge

Jorge

Thanks for the Uhlenbrock tip. Unfortunately I don't speak german and the manufacture web site don't have another language , but now I find a spanish dealer with some translated material; www.trenes-aguilo.com

Thanks
Jorge
Offline jorge_vilarrubi  
#5 Posted : 24 May 2004 07:21:38(UTC)
jorge_vilarrubi

Hello Jorge, you can download the english version of the handbook from Uhl site. See "Handbuecher", then "English", click "64000" and you will have it.
Regards.
Jorge Vilarrubí
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Offline tayloma  
#6 Posted : 24 May 2004 09:00:44(UTC)
tayloma

South Africa   
Dear all

In my experience the Daisy is a very good product, but it cannot be used on big layouts. You can only run about two loco's at a time before it starts overheating and cutting out.
I would definitely recommend it for someone staring out in digital with the trraditional 4' x 8' layout.
Regards

Mark
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#7 Posted : 24 May 2004 10:13:57(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

I'm very fond of my Daisy too. It's even more convenient to use than the IB. Also the other LocoNet devices are really interesting. My full recommendations.
/Lars
Offline dikken  
#8 Posted : 24 May 2004 14:07:48(UTC)
dikken

Hi Jorge,

Welcome to this forum. If you really want to stick to Marklin, You can use the mobile station to control all your loco's and keyboard, control units, memory, ... to control your turn-outs. This is the first scenario.

The second scenario is that you checkout other manifacturers like Uhlen****.

A third future scenario, Wait a couple of years before you start investing. With The M***** - systems being introduced you will be able to invest in a new high tech system. This will take some time before all components are available, but maybe worthwile waiting.

I Currently use only a control unit and am awaiting Marklin developments before i invest. But maybe I might stick with the older system. Reliability, Prices will go down,....

good luck
Dikken

Check out my site:
http://www.modelspoorhobby.be
Offline jorge_vilarrubi  
#9 Posted : 24 May 2004 15:25:16(UTC)
jorge_vilarrubi

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by tayloma
<br />Dear all

In my experience the Daisy is a very good product, but it cannot be used on big layouts. You can only run about two loco's at a time before it starts overheating and cutting out.
I would definitely recommend it for someone staring out in digital with the trraditional 4' x 8' layout.

When you run out of power, you can add more Power2 or Power3 units as boosters in the same way you add boosters (6016,6017) to a Märklin Digital system.
Jorge Vilarrubí
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Offline jorge  
#10 Posted : 25 May 2004 02:20:42(UTC)
jorge

Hi, Everybody

Thanks for all the advice, come back to marklin hobby is really very exciting, but now i must face some new problems my father could not imagine 25 year ago when he made is last layout for me.

I think we have here 3 main conclusions;
1- The new Marklin Digital system is postponed and will be in the beginning less reliability ( I Think that central station will be not ergonomic, I prefer the old fashion keypad..)
2- If i want to use the new mobil station I must have two separate digital circuit's and it's possible that mobil station it's not powerful enough for a medium size layout
3-If I want a completed integrated system before my daughter marry (she have 10 years old...) i must choose between the classic digital maklin system and one independent manufacture like Uhlenbrock (Intellibox seams to me i very nice option)

Let me know if i take the right conclusions
And may thanks again for the help
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#11 Posted : 25 May 2004 09:58:30(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Hello Jorge.
I think you take the right conclusion. However, I see no reason to consider the 6021 technology in your place. Either wait for the new Märklin system, or go with the existing Uhlenbrock range. Intellibox is the goal there, but you may start with Daisy; Daisy is an excellent add on to the Intellibox as well. I take it for granted that we speak about Märklin locos; this disqualifies most of the independent suppliers as they don't support Märklin decoders.

Regards,
Lars
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 25 May 2004 13:43:50(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
My view Jorge would be to do nothing until the new Marklin system is available. The first sets should appear in a few months and no doubt this forum will be the first to have on tested. I know it is frustrating but better to keep your cash until you see how everything works. There are benefits with start sets that if you need a loco you get a mobile station free.
David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Thanos  
#13 Posted : 25 May 2004 15:07:35(UTC)
Thanos

There's a detailed article concerning the compatibility of the 'old' digital equipment with the new stuff in the Insider magazine. If you want me I can post some of Marklin's Q&A.
Thanos

Offline laalves  
#14 Posted : 25 May 2004 21:35:18(UTC)
laalves

I am in the same crossroad. I was about to go Intellibox from my 6021 but then I heard about the new M system.

I'm going to start my layout this summer, and was eager to start testing the Intellibox now on the floor, but I'll wait. I couldn't resist the 29811's appeal and have one on order from Modellbahnlicht, very nice price for 279€ with a beautiful V200, K-track, 60VA transf. ,wagons that go with some I have already, adding further homogeneous consisting and.... a mobile station!, virtually for free; actually all for the price of one V200.

So, I decide to wait and see what the Central Staion is all about BUT, if it does not support DCC in any way or form, I WILL go Intellibox New Generation: the Uhlenbrock people are for sure up to something, I guess.... I would!

One big screen Intellibox II would be nice. Let's all wait and see!
Offline David Dewar  
#15 Posted : 25 May 2004 22:28:49(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Yep I agree for your 279 euros you get a lot of equipment and if the mobile station is not what you want it as you say is free.
David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline john black  
#16 Posted : 26 May 2004 00:55:44(UTC)
john black

United States   
Wonder who'll have the very first mobile station on his layout ... biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline laalves  
#17 Posted : 26 May 2004 01:06:54(UTC)
laalves

A german guy, who will sleep outside his dealer, the day before the rollout, not to mention some Marklin employee.........