Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jmgepb  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2009 16:38:44(UTC)
jmgepb

Hello,

I am the happy owner of a BR23 (36240). It is a very interesting model, specially at that price, but it obviously has some limitations. What I miss more is a switch for the Smoke Generator. Of course I always have the possibility of changing the decoder and fit an mfx decoder, but the decoder is going to cost more than the whole loko. My idea is to put a relay in parallel with the lights switch and command the smoke generator through this relay, powering it from the rails directly. Smoke generator on when the lights are on and off when the lights are off.
Some one already did it, or did something similar, or adopted another solution to switch the smoke generator without changing the decoder?

Any help/suggestion will be welcome. Thank you

Juan Manuel
--
Juan Manuel Galan
Paris, France
Juan Manuel Galan
Paris, France
Offline hemau  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2009 20:56:54(UTC)
hemau

Hi Juan,
Recently I did a similar thing when converting a 3071 to Delta. I'm using grey and yellow signal to choose which slider to use (for this 2-slider train) and to feed the lights from rail power in stead of from the decoder. See:https://www.marklin-users.net/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11553
The thing you should check in your case is if the relay and the lights together do not take too much power from your decoder.
Regards, Henk.
C and M track; CS1R and 2 MS